Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2019, 01:57 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
The "official" number calculated by Jewish historians is more like 5 million dead (not all murdered).

That makes the Holocaust just fine then- 6 million is terrible, but 5 million is no big deal.

You also failed to mention the additional 6 million Catholics, Gypsies, Russians, homosexuals and other "undesirables" in the Nazi regime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2019, 01:58 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,116,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Don't need to tell me about Cambodia. My brother was there and my X fiance had a brother that was killed there. I think I have a fair idea about what war can do. But have you visited any camps or are you truly familiar with exactly the torture these people suffered before they were killed? My guess is you are not. thisis not disputing what war has done to many and how bad it can be. It isn't saying innocent children do not suffer. I still maintain the Holocaust was the worse thing ever to happen in our live time.
Then you are familiar with genocide.

Explain to me then how the Nazi Holocaust is worse than the Cambodian Genocide, or the Armenian Genocide, or the Bangladesh Genocide, or the Indonesian Genocide, or the Great Leap Forward/Cultural Revolution, or the Soviet Gulags, or the Kazakh Genocide, or the Holodomor, or the Soviet Purges, or the Rwandan Genocide, or the Greek and Assyrian Genocides?

7,343 posts, read 4,363,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
No, not all religions are cults. There is a huge difference between religion and cults.
Cults aren't as good at raising money or causing death?

Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,632 posts, read 16,115,213 times
The shakedown says the same thing every year.

Old 04-15-2019, 01:59 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,116,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
WWII death toll = 75 million plus
Holocaust death toll = 6 million

Yet somehow the holocaust is worse? They have good marketing, I'll give them that.
When I point out that Mao killed twice as many landlords as Hitler killed Jews I'm labeled an anti-semite.

Apparently Chinese lives aren't worth as much as Jewish lives.

Old 04-15-2019, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Huh?

If you can't see the difference between the death toll caused by war, and the death toll of an organized extermination of a group of people because of their faith, then I feel sorry for you.

Disgusted actually.
Dead is dead.

I feel sorry for you as well.

Old 04-15-2019, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
When I point out that Mao killed twice as many landlords as Hitler killed Jews I'm labeled an anti-semite.

Apparently Chinese lives aren't worth as much as Jewish lives.
They are not. Those 6 million Jews have probably produced more income in the last 70 years than any group of dead people in modern history.

Sorry snowflake's, I went to school for business.

Old 04-15-2019, 02:07 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
I think a lot of them post on this board.
One of them was Hutton Gibson (Mel's old man); he claimed they all "went to the Bronx"

Old 04-15-2019, 02:09 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,596 posts, read 17,927,273 times
So here's the actual poll. NOTE, many of the question are open-ended, meaning the participants didn't get a list of statements to agree or disagree with - they had to answer a question with their own original text.

Question 33 throws in doubt all the other responses - "Do you believe the Holocaust happened"? 96% in both groups said yes.

I don't see how that matches with 1/3 don't know it existed.

Also, they have 3 answers for what the Jews had to wear on their clothing, from "yellow star", "Star of David", "Star", um, what? Those are all three correct answers - why divide the people up?

88% across the board believe it should be mandatory to teach it in American schools.

This is a very, very skewed reporting of the results of this survey, IMHO. Although the population didn't seem to know the numbers killed, most people knew a great deal about the Holocaust.

Virtually every person taking the survey, when asked what person do you most closely associate with the holocaust, were able to (open question) come up with a correct answer. Anne Frank is NOT an incorrect answer to this personal opinion question.

And yes, younger people are less likely to know all the details, as they are unlikely to know people who were involved in the Holocaust. Time does fade memory from a population.

NOTE: At the end of the survey, there is a note that 23% of the Millennials surveyed had not graduated from High School. That goes along way explaining why about 23% of them don't seem to understand the Holocaust.

http://www.claimscon.org/wp-content/...esults-1-1.pdf

Last edited by ClaraC; 04-15-2019 at 02:21 PM..

Old 04-15-2019, 02:11 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Then you are familiar with genocide.

Explain to me then how the Nazi Holocaust is worse than the Cambodian Genocide, or the Armenian Genocide, or the Bangladesh Genocide, or the Indonesian Genocide, or the Great Leap Forward/Cultural Revolution, or the Soviet Gulags, or the Kazakh Genocide, or the Holodomor, or the Soviet Purges, or the Rwandan Genocide, or the Greek and Assyrian Genocides?
We are talking about the the a group of people that were not part of a war, who were burned beyond recognition because the complained about being cold: they were thrown into burning hot showers or those, including children that were locked small cages with ice and ice water because they were complaining they were to cold and all this were just starters.why? Because of their religion. Innocent kids who did nothing. I could go on and on. Do you know anyone that has or had a number engraved on their whist? I do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies