Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2019, 01:37 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,118,354 times

Advertisements

None of us know how many Jews died. It was too many whatever the number. Back in the 1960s, I read a study by a population expert who said the number was closer to 3 million. I have no idea who is right, I suppose it will never be settled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2019, 01:37 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,366,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Don't bother arguing with these people. You won't change their anti-Semitic little minds. Use the ignore feature. It saves a lot of headaches.

Do you think that this crap rising to the top of P&OC around Passover is a coincidence?

It isn't.
You are correct that it is not a coincidence.

Post #1 confirms that. The source of the survey is agenda driven. Just not in the way that you want to believe.

Old 04-15-2019, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Another one for my ignore list.

bye.
My heart has broken.

Old 04-15-2019, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
No one is trying to screw any group, but nothing totally compared with the holocaust. For those who think otherwise, tell me if you know anyone that was in a camp or had to poss, even as a young child as a Catholi to keep from ending up behind those barbed wire fences. I do!!!
Calm down. The post said skew not screw big difference.

And yes there are people that try to skewer the numbers in people's minds.

Old 04-15-2019, 01:41 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,118,073 times
Quote:
No one is trying to screw any group, but nothing totally compared with the holocaust. For those who think otherwise, tell me if you know anyone that was in a camp or had to poss, even as a young child as a Catholi to keep from ending up behind those barbed wire fences. I do!!!
Ever been to the Killing Fields in Cambodia? I have.

Ever hear of the Killing Tree? The Khmer Rouge used to beat children to death against it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chankiri_Tree

Old 04-15-2019, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
It's always the most obvious things people tend to miss.
Yup. I just made a snowflake's ignore list for pointing out that things such as movies, documentaries, books, etc typically have investors who want to see a return on the their money and resources.

Somehow I'm sure this post is anti-Semitic. Also, Trump is bad like Hitler and Guatemalans are sure to do quality drywall work in Iowa upon arrival. Completely up to code.

Old 04-15-2019, 01:48 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Ever been to the Killing Fields in Cambodia? I have.

Ever hear of the Killing Tree? The Khmer Rouge used to beat children to death against it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chankiri_Tree
Don't need to tell me about Cambodia. My brother was there and my X fiance had a brother that was killed there. I think I have a fair idea about what war can do. But have you visited any camps or are you truly familiar with exactly the torture these people suffered before they were killed? My guess is you are not. thisis not disputing what war has done to many and how bad it can be. It isn't saying innocent children do not suffer. I still maintain the Holocaust was the worse thing ever to happen in our live time.

Old 04-15-2019, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Don't need to tell me about Cambodia. My brother was there and my X fiance had a brother that was killed there. I think I have a fair idea about what war can do. But have you visited any camps or are you truly familiar with exactly the torture these people suffered before they were killed? My guess is you are not. thisis not disputing what war has done to many and how bad it can be. It isn't saying innocent children do not suffer. I still maintain the Holocaust was the worse thing ever to happen in our live time.
And there you go proving my point.

WWII death toll = 75 million plus
Holocaust death toll = 6 million

Yet somehow the holocaust is worse? They have good marketing, I'll give them that.

Old 04-15-2019, 01:55 PM

949 posts, read 572,431 times
It's the number that's a guess, not the crime.

Old 04-15-2019, 01:56 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,548,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
And there you go proving my point.

WWII death toll = 75 million plus
Holocaust death toll = 6 million

Yet somehow the holocaust is worse? They have good marketing, I'll give them that.
Huh?

If you can't see the difference between the death toll caused by war, and the death toll of an organized extermination of a group of people because of their faith, then I feel sorry for you.

Disgusted actually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies