Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2019, 04:44 PM

25,576 posts, read 56,455,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Suborning perjury is a crime; lying (or asking another to lie) to the public for political reasons is not.
How morally bereft Trumpers are. Once again, I am reminded of:
Quote:
Americans should expect far more than merely that their president not be provably a criminal.

~~George Conway

Old 04-20-2019, 04:58 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,266,686 times
The Mueller investigation was completed, per Mueller it had the complete cooperation of the executive branch, under Donald Trump POTUS. This is not difficult. If Trump actually wanted to obstruct justice he would have denied Mueller access to executive branch material and personnel as 0bama/Holder did during the Fast and Furious investigation.The very fact that the investigation was completed , when it was within Trump's constitutional power to end it, demonstrates his lack of obstruction.

How about focusing on the real scandal?... the Obama Admins that set this hoax up?

Old 04-20-2019, 04:58 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
How morally bereft Trumpers are.

Once again, I am reminded of:
I know.

Earlier on this thread I asked several times if Trump supporters were okay with future presidential candidates getting assistance from foreign governments, with campaign managers sharing polling data and campaign strategies with agents of a foreign government, ... Is this just how the game is played now?

Is it okay if the next POTUS tries to shut down investigations into campaign shenanigans? Encourages witnesses not to cooperate? Is this okay going forward?

I'm off and on this thread in between other things going on in my life, so I may have missed the direct responses, but so far all I've seen are "what about" posts and posts claiming I'm good at gaslighting.

Not nearly good enough, apparently.

In any case, if this is our standard going forward, is that okay with Republicans?

Old 04-20-2019, 05:04 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post

How about focusing on the real scandal?... the Obama Admins that set this hoax up?
Would you like to explain?

The Mueller investigation was set up under Donald Trump's administration, by a Republican appointed by Donald Trump. That Republican appointed a lifelong Republican to investigate.

Is anything stated in my sentence above incorrect?

Old 04-20-2019, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Would you like to explain?

The Mueller investigation was set up under Donald Trump's administration, by a Republican appointed by Donald Trump. That Republican appointed a lifelong Republican to investigate.

Is anything stated in my sentence above incorrect?

the investigation started during the 2016 campaign and it carry over to the Trump's Presidency. Comey was fired and Mueller was appointed.

Old 04-20-2019, 05:14 PM

7,269 posts, read 4,209,432 times
you mean the same guy that wanted to wear a wire to secretly record Trump - hired someone that was interviewed for atty general and wasn't hired ? Those Republicans? Those deep state-rs?

Old 04-20-2019, 05:20 PM

231 posts, read 156,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
the investigation started during the 2016 campaign and it carry over to the Trump's Presidency. Comey was fired and Mueller was appointed.

What lead to this bs investigation to begin with?

Yup, the fake dossier paid for by Clinton and used by Obama to illegally spy on a US citizen before his swearing in and after he became President.

This investigation would NOT have happened had the Obama ring of crooks illegally spied and used a Russian person to create it.

The real crime was committed by Obama, Clinton, Lynch, and several FBI agents starting with Comey.

Old 04-20-2019, 05:23 PM

16,761 posts, read 8,207,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark59 View Post

Yup, the fake dossier paid for by Clinton and used by Obama to illegally spy on a US citizen before his swearing in and after he became President.

This investigation would NOT have happened had the Obama ring of crooks illegally spied and used a Russian person to create it.

The real crime was committed by Obama, Clinton, Lynch, and several FBI agents starting with Comey.
Thank the Patriot Act. The GOP came up with this one and pushed it through so Bush could sign it.

The irony is the first big fish caught was a GOP POTUS named Trump

Old 04-20-2019, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark59 View Post

I supsect that and many. Trump is going to play his cards right and with AG Barr will expose how the investigation was started and the Trump campaign was spied by the Obama administration which is the real crime.

Old 04-20-2019, 05:28 PM

1,733 posts, read 947,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn9q7JEscqY

Victor Davis Hanson: Mueller Probe Could Backfire on Those Who Fabricated Russia-Collusion Narrative

Love Victor Davis Hanson.

Good op-ed in The Hill today: https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...mp-is-no-nixon

<snip>

The big difference between today and what happened in 1998 or during the Nixon era is that, at the end of the day, the Mueller investigators found no stained dress, no break-in, no hush money, no enemies list. There never was a crime, and what seemed far-fetched was simply that — this time, a duly elected president was investigated for a crime that never even existed. In fact, evidence is mounting that the investigation itself was launched on phony grounds.
And so, the screaming partisan antics of Democrats in the House are likely to set the Democratic Party back a decade if they do not get a grip on themselves. In partisan unison, with scripted talking points, they keep calling everyone else “partisan.” It simply does not pass the laugh test at this point.
But the problem is that Reps. Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.) and Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) are congressmen from safe districts who are nobodies if they have no investigations to launch. It’s in the interest of their egos to keep it all going so that they can have daily press availabilities. And they are whipping up their political bases. It will take some Democrats of courage to turn this off and stop the abuse of going after the president’s financial records. These are the kinds of things Nixon was doing, and there is no justification for those in Congress to be doing exactly those things for which Nixon resigned from office — going after his political enemies.

I love VDH as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies