Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2019, 06:20 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
"prosecutorial discretion?" Trump?

TFF

Is this what Breitbart is peddling these days?
It sounds like it.

Old 04-24-2019, 06:28 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,422,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Who would remember 30 things about a NON-CRIME that DIDNT HAPPEN two years ago?

Any hearings should start with Clinton so we can see her explain why she went abroad to buy laundered Russian disinformation dirt on her opponent from a Brit.
The Clintons have been investigated already. They have 0 indictment or charges.

Old 04-24-2019, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
In the event Politico is considered fake news, here is the actual text:
TRUMP: I have 'one of the great memories of all-time'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnVpGoyKfKU

Old 04-24-2019, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Well, if he did that, he wouldn't be able to spew lies and misrepresentations. For people for whom the truth is antithetical, much better to listen to regurgitate FOX, Barr and other liars than quote from the actual document. There are always the gullible - who, if a lie is repeated often enough - will be believe it. This is what the Russians are banking on. People too lazy or stupid to read or consider actual fact.
Exactly!

Old 04-24-2019, 06:46 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
During a deposition over the Trump University fraud case, Trump was reminded that he had previously stated his memory was "one of the best in the world."

"I don't know. Did I use that expression?" Trump asked. When told he had used the phrase, the billionaire asked to see evidence that he had said it, and was told there was video of his remark.

"Did I say I have a great memory or one of the best in the world?" Trump asked for clarification, to which he was told he'd said he had "one of the best in the world."

"I don't remember saying that. As good as my memory is, I don't remember that, but I have a good memory," Trump responded.

"So you don't remember saying that you have one of the best memories in the world?" Forge asked.

"I don't remember that. I remember you telling me, but I don't know that I said it," Trump continued.

He stood by another expression that he had "one of the all-time great memories."

Trump can't recall saying he has one of the world's best memories | TheHill

The transcript reads like a Monty Python skit.

Old 04-24-2019, 06:51 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
The Clintons have been investigated already. They have 0 indictment or charges.
Sure if you don't count Bill's impeachment or the fact that he paid a fine and surrendered his law license for 5 years to avoid an indictment lol.

Ditto if you don't count the fact that Hillary avoided charges because a rogue FBI Director took the law into his own hands.

In any case, there hasn't been any investigation into why they were colluding with Russian spies through a Brit to frame an American presidential candidate as some sort of double agent.

Those investigations haven't happened yet. Stay tuned.

BTW interesting that you are so concerned about Trump not remembering things about a non crime, but you have no problem with Hillary's inability to remember things that were clearly a crime even though she wasn't charged. Odd double standard you have there.

Old 04-24-2019, 07:58 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,422,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Sure if you don't count Bill's impeachment or the fact that he paid a fine and surrendered his law license for 5 years to avoid an indictment lol.

Ditto if you don't count the fact that Hillary avoided charges because a rogue FBI Director took the law into his own hands.

In any case, there hasn't been any investigation into why they were colluding with Russian spies through a Brit to frame an American presidential candidate as some sort of double agent.

Those investigations haven't happened yet. Stay tuned.

BTW interesting that you are so concerned about Trump not remembering things about a non crime, but you have no problem with Hillary's inability to remember things that were clearly a crime even though she wasn't charged. Odd double standard you have there.
Bill Clinton's acquitted on both articles of impeachment.
Quote:
President Bill Clinton acquitted on both articles of impeachment
https://www.history.com/this-day-in-...nton-acquitted

The "spying" whether by the UK or US is another conspiracy theory peddled by radical right-wingers like Rush Limbaugh, no one with credibility believes it.

Hillary Clinton was investigated. No indictments or charges no matter how much the conspiracy theories surface. There is no double standard because Hillary Clinton is not the president or under multiple investigations that resulted in multiple indictments, charges, and lies/contacts about business dealings with Russia. There is a clear difference.

Mueller Report Reveals Trump’s Fixation on Using Law Enforcement to Target a Rival
Quote:
Mr. Mueller’s report released last week brimmed with examples of Mr. Trump seeking to protect himself from the investigation. But his request of Mr. Sessions — and two similar ones detailed in the report — stands apart because it shows Mr. Trump trying to wield the power of law enforcement to target a political rival, a step that no president since Richard M. Nixon is known to have taken.
Quote:
Mr. Trump wanted Mrs. Clinton investigated for her use of a private email server to conduct government business while secretary of state, the report said, even though investigators had examined her conduct and declined to bring charges in a case closed in 2016.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/24/u...gtype=Homepage

Old 04-24-2019, 08:07 PM

5,735 posts, read 3,252,971 times
Hitler finds out about mueller report

Old 04-24-2019, 08:40 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Bill Clinton's acquitted on both articles of impeachment.

The "spying" whether by the UK or US is another conspiracy theory peddled by radical right-wingers like Rush Limbaugh, no one with credibility believes it.

Hillary Clinton was investigated. No indictments or charges no matter how much the conspiracy theories surface. There is no double standard because Hillary Clinton is not the president or under multiple investigations that resulted in multiple indictments, charges, and lies/contacts about business dealings with Russia. There is a clear difference.
Thanks for reminding us about the hypocrisy of Democrats. You are correct that even though Bill Clinton was impeached, he was not convicted. The reason being that despite clear evidence that he committed perjury and obstructed justice (i.e. DNA evidence on Monica's blue dress) not a single Democrat voted to convict him of that perjury or obstruction.

If you don't care about perjury or obstruction when there is clear and compelling evidence, why do you care about possible obstruction regarding a crime (of conspiracy with Russians) that never happened.....at least involving the Trump campaign. Nothing could more clearly be a double standard.

Get out with Rush lol. Hillary has already admitted and tried to defend as somehow legitimate her involvement with Russian spies spreading disinformation via the Steele Dossier.

Her defense is she didn't use it during the campaign. Yep...…...my guess is she just made sure it got funneled to the FBI to start the whole Russian hoax. Why else does she complain the FBI wasn't telling us of their investigations during the election.

The truth will come out. Stay tuned.

Old 04-25-2019, 05:59 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,328,096 times
This is beyond petty!

Quote:
Mueller Report Reveals Trump’s Fixation on Using Law Enforcement to Target a Rival

WASHINGTON — Attorney General Jeff Sessions had a tenuous hold on his job when President Trump called him at home in the middle of 2017. The president had already blamed him for recusing himself from investigations related to the 2016 election, sought his resignation and belittled him in private and on Twitter.

Now, Mr. Trump had another demand: He wanted Mr. Sessions to reverse his recusal and order the prosecution of Hillary Clinton.

Mueller Report Reveals Trump
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies