Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2019, 08:13 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,810,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
OR... it brings in too little money. They are BOTH sides of the SAME coin.

Ken
They wouldn't need so much if they didn't spend so much. That's how budgets work.

Last edited by redwood66; 04-26-2019 at 08:22 AM..

Old 04-26-2019, 09:11 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
It would likely be more helpful for the American people if his "army of attorneys" took the time to explain his oath of office to him.
As well as a few sections of the Constitution.

Dare to dream, eh?

Old 04-26-2019, 09:15 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
They wouldn't need so much if they didn't spend so much. That's how budgets work.
Is that how YOUR personal budget works?
Rather than increase your revenue, you just cut your spending?
Somehow I don't think so.
If not, WHY do you think it's a bad idea for YOU but a good idea for Government?
Seems to me that's just a race to the bottom.
And you think that's a GOOD thing?

Ken

Old 04-26-2019, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
No they aren't. When I run out of money at the end of the month I don't say oh, I should have brought more money in this month. The irony is that you Democrats just want to keep spending more.

Free college
Paid off tuitiion
Free daycare
free healthcare

Did you people ever hear the saying 'there's no free lunch'. SOMEBODY is paying for all this FREE stuff.
So, if you don't have enough money at the end of the month, you don't look for ways to increase your income - you don't look for a better job?
Really?
REALLY?
You expect ANYONE to believe that?

And the MILITARY is the biggest spending source. Why didn't you list THAT? We spend more on the military than the rest of the world COMBINED. How much sense does THAT make?

Ken

Old 04-26-2019, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Is that how YOUR personal budget works?
Rather than increase your revenue, you just cut your spending?
Somehow I don't think so.
If not, WHY do you think it's a bad idea for YOU but a good idea for Government?
Seems to me that's just a race to the bottom.
And you think that's a GOOD thing?

Ken
I'm retired and live within my means so yes it is, I don't come up with ways to spend more money. You want bigger government to provide more stuff which takes more $ from the taxpayers who earn it, and I think government should be as small as possible living within its means.

Old 04-26-2019, 09:58 AM

Quote:
I'm retired and live within my means so yes it is, I don't come up with ways to spend more money. You want bigger government to provide more stuff which takes more $ from the taxpayers who earn it, and I think government should be as small as possible living within its means.
So, you're retired.
Do you get Social Security?
Medicare?
Think we should cut those?
What should we cut?

Aside from that, if you are on SS or Medicare, you are not really "living within your means" - you are on the government dole - like the programs you complained about.

And finally, the government is not EVER in your position (ie "retired"). It ALWAYS has means of raising revenue and ALWAYS has demand for that revenue. If the government is short on money, it can either cut costs OR raise revenue (or BOTH). It's NEVER retired. It's forever YOU back in your "working days". Don't tell me you didn't look to increase your revenue when you were short on cash. THAT just didn't happen.

Ken

Last edited by LordBalfor; 04-26-2019 at 10:41 AM..

Old 04-26-2019, 10:58 AM

Quote:
So, you're retired.
Do you get Social Security?
Medicare?
Think we should cut those?
What should we cut?

Aside from that, if you are on SS or Medicare, you are not really "living within your means" - you are on the government dole - like the programs you complained about.

And finally, the government is not EVER in your position (ie "retired"). It ALWAYS has means of raising revenue and ALWAYS has demand for that revenue. If the government is short on money, it can either cut costs OR raise revenue (or BOTH). It's NEVER retired. It's forever YOU back in your "working days". Don't tell me you didn't look to increase your revenue when you were short on cash. THAT just didn't happen.

Ken
I don't collect social security because I am too young. When I do it will be decreased by at least half due to WEP. Something does need to be done with all entitlements if you wish them to remain for future generations. I did not plan my retirement based on social security, and you don't tell me what I did or did not do to plan for it. You can also pay more taxes voluntarily if you choose.

Old 04-26-2019, 11:07 AM

Quote:
I don't collect social security because I am too young. When I do it will be decreased by at least half due to WEP. Something does need to be done with all entitlements if you wish them to remain for future generations. I did not plan my retirement based on social security, and you don't tell me what I did or did not do to plan for it. You can also pay more taxes voluntarily if you choose.
So you're saying that you retired early from a non-FICA paying job and "didn't look for ways to increase your income" back when you were working? That you were fine with whatever your employer chose to give you.

Is that it?

Ken

Old 04-26-2019, 11:49 AM

Quote:
So you're saying that you retired early from a non-FICA paying job and "didn't look for ways to increase your income" back when you were working? That you were fine with whatever your employer chose to give you.

Is that it?

Ken
Make more, spend more. This is accurate for government and the public. No, I didn't "look for ways to increase income" because I was plenty happy with what I made. Money isn't everything as there are plenty of things more important. We are done here, and IMO your logic is faulty due to your view of bigger government is a necessity.

Old 04-26-2019, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Make more, spend more. This is accurate for government and the public. No, I didn't "look for ways to increase income" because I was plenty happy with what I made. Money isn't everything as there are plenty of things more important. We are done here, and IMO your logic is faulty due to your view of bigger government is a necessity.
Kind'a like my opinion that your logic is faulty due to your insistence that smaller government is a necessity.
Good luck with that. The more complex the society, the larger the government is likely to be. Pretty inevitable actually. Do you REALLY see society SIMPLIFYING?

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies