Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 03:45 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,194,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
So if someone steals $749 worth of groceries to feed his family of 6, he won't be prosecuted? What about the owner of the grocery store? How is he supposed to run a business when liberals allow thieves to steal his goods?

That is textbook stealing for economic reason and that person who stole will be prosecuted if there is enough evidence.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2019, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
how is that defined? if they were to sell the stolen item at any time in the future, is that not an economic gain?
alternatively, even if they don't sell, isn't possession of the stolen item without having spent any money an economic gain in and of itself?

//www.city-data.com/forum/54949163-post8.html

Old 04-15-2019, 03:53 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,464,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
That is textbook stealing for economic reason and that person who stole will be prosecuted if there is enough evidence.

You said economic GAIN, not reason.

Regardless, give me an example of a theft that is not for economic reason, and which would therefore be exempt from prosecution.

Old 04-15-2019, 03:56 PM

Quote:
You said economic GAIN, not reason.

Regardless, give me an example of a theft that is not for economic reason, and which would therefore be exempt from prosecution.

Just being in possession of stolen property that has economic value IS economic gain. Jesus.

I knew of several instances where theft are not for economic gain. See my previous post:

Old 04-15-2019, 04:04 PM

550 posts, read 366,930 times
Quote:
Dude, you have to read the whole story. They will prosecute a $50 theft if someone stole it for "economic gain." That means if someone stole your smart phone for use or resale, it will be prosecuted because it is an "economic gain."

However, if someone mistakenly put his/her key into the wrong car, opened the door, and drove off only to realize the mistake and brought the car back after some time lapsed. That person will not be prosecuted because it is not an economic gain. And yes, some car manufacturers have the same key for the same car model/year and driving off in the wrong car has happened.

Seriously! So if someone steals my phone for his/her personal use, that's not economic gain and doesn't count.

The car example is laughable and maybe a one in a million possibility.

It's pathetic what liberal/progressives will do to try to justify the unjustifiable.

Old 04-15-2019, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotpair View Post
Seriously! So if someone steals my phone for his/her personal use, that's not economic gain and doesn't count.

The car example is laughable and maybe a one in a million possibility.

It's pathetic what liberal/progressives will do to try to justify the unjustifiable.

You don't seem to understand what "economic gain" means. It DOES NOT mean selling it for money. Can you right-wingers take the time to look up the definition before engaging in more stupid posts???

The car example highlights what the change intends - to stop prosecuting those one in million petty crime that is no harm no foul. The law is NOT to stop prosecuting crimes, it's to STOP prosecuting these pointless accidental crimes.

It's pathetic how unreasonable the right-wing is willing to go to create these fake outrage.

Old 04-15-2019, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Just being in possession of stolen property that has economic value IS economic gain. Jesus.

I knew of several instances where theft are not for economic gain. See my previous post:

Your silly example with the car is ridiculous. If you have the wrong key, the door won't open and the car won't start. Jesus.

Old 04-15-2019, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Your silly example with the car is ridiculous. If you have the wrong key, the door won't open and the car won't start. Jesus.

This post shows how clueless some people are. It's common knowledge that some car manufacturers give the same car model the same key.

Some GM Car Keys Open Other GM Cars

Some General Motors Car Keys Can open other cars-Truth!

Old 04-15-2019, 04:19 PM

Quote:
This post shows how clueless some people are. It's common knowledge that some car manufacturers give the same car model the same key.

Some GM Car Keys Open Other GM Cars

Some General Motors Car Keys Can open other cars-Truth!

Anyone here ever drive off in someone's car? That has never happened to anyone I know, ever.

Instead of liberals spending time and energy dreaming up ways to protect people from a "crime" that doesn't happen, maybe they should spend time and energy allowing us to enforce current laws, like those involving illegal aliens.

I swear.....leftists live in upside-down world.

Old 04-15-2019, 04:19 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,191,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Everything is a war on something..
But, but, but....All Dems are waging war on all crime victims--did nobody tell you?

What I wish is that all posters on CD were forced to take Logic 101. That's all--just the basics, so they would understand what a hasty generalization is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies