Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2019, 06:39 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,254,973 times

Advertisements

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dont-want...151004282.html

A Muslim doesn't accept the Western way of life and it's called Religious freedom. A Westerner doesn't accept Muslims demanding changes to their way of life, and it's branded Islamophobia. And our OWN governments criminalize US for it! Islamophobia was created BY Muslims to silence any and all opposition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2019, 06:43 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
A Muslim doesn't accept the Western way of life and it's called Religious freedom.
Who calls it that?

Quote:
A Westerner doesn't accept Muslims demanding changes to their way of life, and it's branded Islamophobia.
Who says that?

Why do you make stuff up and claim someone else said it?

Old 04-29-2019, 06:58 AM

apparently you didn't look at the link. typical.

keep looking through your rose colored glasses. Or watch the news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Who calls it that?

Who says that?

Why do you make stuff up and claim someone else said it?

Old 04-29-2019, 07:55 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,245,671 times
What is really crazy is how the Left fights for Diversity and the Rights of the LGBQT etc.. crowd and they also fight for the acceptance of Muslims into our society and then there are groups like the one the OP presented that are the exact opposite of what the Left is trying to push and making demands for on America?

We see all sorts of horrible things that happen to people around that world when they don't follow Islam. Women are murdered, gay people are tossed off roofs and left to die. They still stone people to death for ridiculous reasons.

Our kindness could be our undoing. How many Catholic churches are being built in the Middle East compared to the number of Mosques built in America?

This is not going to end well.

Old 04-29-2019, 08:30 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,828,810 times
Sounds like most of the identified white male Christian posters here on CD lol.

I think if they don't want diversity and want Sharia law, they need to go back to the home countries.

Note, I have no problems with Muslims in general. Most I know do was "religious freedom" meaning they want the right to worship in peace and are not trying to force their religion on other people (I've never had a Muslim come trying to evangelize me at my house BTW - this is a Christian thing mostly - trying to force your religion on other people).

However, this one random group in Australia is not representative of all Muslims. Just like the JWs and Mormons who come to my door are not representative of all Christians/Jesus worshipers in America.

Old 04-29-2019, 08:32 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
apparently you didn't look at the link. typical.

keep looking through your rose colored glasses. Or watch the news
Yes, I read it. It does not support your claim.

Old 04-29-2019, 08:34 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,828,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
What is really crazy is how the Left fights for Diversity and the Rights of the LGBQT etc.. crowd and they also fight for the acceptance of Muslims into our society and then there are groups like the one the OP presented that are the exact opposite of what the Left is trying to push and making demands for on America?

We see all sorts of horrible things that happen to people around that world when they don't follow Islam. Women are murdered, gay people are tossed off roofs and left to die. They still stone people to death for ridiculous reasons.

Our kindness could be our undoing. How many Catholic churches are being built in the Middle East compared to the number of Mosques built in America?

I'm not entirely on the "Left" but I want LGBT persons to have their rights and I want Muslims to have their rights AND I want Christians to have their "rights" too.

I'm a secular humanist and an atheist and don't believe in god at all. However, I can respect the diversity of the human race in regards to spiritual pursuits and can be accepting of all peaceful worship.

I also am "for" the right to free speech no matter how idiotic the speaker is, I don't want to silence people just because I don't agree with them on religious or spiritual matters.

Most of your post sounds rather xenophobic against Muslims. Are you Catholic? Are you aware of the horrible things that the Catholic church have done and continue to do and condone? No religious people have any sort of pedestal to stand on IMO. However, I'm tolerant of you. So you should be tolerant of each other and not place the worst of one group as representative of that entire faith unless you want the rest of us doing the same about your religion.

Old 04-29-2019, 08:35 AM

5,111 posts, read 2,053,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

I agree, it's like a big train wreck coming ahead as mentionned in that meme.

How long before the left do a big "D'Oh" like Homer Simpson?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCmuATH2yzo

Old 04-29-2019, 09:01 AM

so you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, I read it. It does not support your claim.

Old 04-29-2019, 09:04 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,245,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I'm not entirely on the "Left" but I want LGBT persons to have their rights and I want Muslims to have their rights AND I want Christians to have their "rights" too.

I'm a secular humanist and an atheist and don't believe in god at all. However, I can respect the diversity of the human race in regards to spiritual pursuits and can be accepting of all peaceful worship.

I also am "for" the right to free speech no matter how idiotic the speaker is, I don't want to silence people just because I don't agree with them on religious or spiritual matters.

Most of your post sounds rather xenophobic against Muslims. Are you Catholic? Are you aware of the horrible things that the Catholic church have done and continue to do and condone? No religious people have any sort of pedestal to stand on IMO. However, I'm tolerant of you. So you should be tolerant of each other and not place the worst of one group as representative of that entire faith unless you want the rest of us doing the same about your religion.

I am also a tolerant person but what I don't like is when people try to force their ways onto others.

Catholics certainly have their issues and their convert or die message is in the past but we can't say that about Islam where in many countries they are still on the crusades. Whenever there is a terrorist strike it is all about killing the infidels. Whenever we hear of the barbarism from groups like isis it is done in the name of their God and to promote their narrow view of the Koran onto others.

Western based societies allow Muslims to build their Mosques in their countries because we are largely tolerant and accepting yet Catholic churches are not being built in the Middle East and elsewhere in the world they are attacked by their non tolerant Muslim neighbors.

We all have Rights in America to be who we want to be, to speak and to listen to whom we want. The Left promotes this yet they are hypocritical when someone on the Right wants the same Rights. What is also hypocritical are Muslims that speak of their religion as a religion of peace, Obama used to remind us of this often but this "peaceful" religion is responsible for so much death and destruction due to their intolerance and in many cases ignorance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies