Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2019, 05:19 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,497,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPECFRCE View Post
Perchance- you personally contribute insufficiently.

Oddly; I've heard such rhetoric from several, coupled with grimace and frown shrieking about those who pay little or no taxes (the latter of which is impossible) yet those encroaching tip-of-the-spear tax brackets provid little in comparison to their capital.

Those situated at the base and the tip..pay taxes disproportionately less in contrast to the middle, yet most zero in on the former- freaking Cowards!

Very much a cowardice bully mentality.. pick on the easy opponent with blind eye toward the more formidable opponent packing a strong chin and powerful punch.

Also, Tremendously vexing.
You write beautifully!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2019, 06:05 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I said it was true.
And t you were proven wrong.
Quote:
people who can't afford to buy their own food shouldn't be throwing money away on food delivery services unless they are elderly, disabled, or,more than 1/2 mile from a grocery store..
Who are you to determine what someone else should do with their own money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
What's next, having a government provided litter box cleaner? How about a maid service as long as we're paying for it.
Didn't read the article, did you?

Old 04-20-2019, 06:23 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
People talk about helping the poor through charitable donations, but listening to the same people speak about the poor with such disdain and resentment, I find it had to believe they'd be willing to give them one penny voluntarily. They are more likely to give them a kick in the teeth than anything else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You're free to step up and donate. Anyone is.
Of course.

My point stands.

You think the people who brag about being so generous actually give to people they resent?

If you dont like the delivery service, then take it up with Herr Trump, whose government created it.

Old 04-20-2019, 06:30 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
OK, If ancaps and those with similar ways of thinking are against welfare --- then pay people a living wage so you won't have to have "them" "steal" your "hard earned wealth"!! Because right now, as it is, its the taxpayers indirectly subsidizing the big companies and the wealthy - namely their labor and other personnel expenses. Economic freedom for the property owners but not for the non-property owners.

As for mediation, I guess enforcement of that mediation is only for the people who can afford to pay for their own cops-for-hire to go in and enforce it. If a poor owner can't afford the security to enforce the contract, then I suppose he's Sore Out Of Luck. What kind of economic freedom is that?
Everyone who works a full time job or two or more part-time jobs is paid a living wage. The mistake some are making is feeling entitled to live beyond their means.

Old 04-20-2019, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
And t you were proven wrong.

Who are you to determine what someone else should do with their own money?

Didn't read the article, did you?
1) How was I proven wrong? You didn't like what I revealed, as written about it the Washington Post, so you say it isn't true. Liberal tact: call people you disagree with "liars"

2) It's NOT their own money when they are getting food stamps! Any money they are spending on delivery fees could (and should) better go to food, which we are subsidizing.

Ex: I give my teen $25 a week, because she needs to buy school lunches. Instead, she spends $15 of that on cigarettes, and then complains to me that $25 a week for lunch isn't enough.

3) Not sure what article you are talking about? The WaPo article? Of COURSE I read it.

Old 04-20-2019, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
i think people are silly for regularly carrying home gobs of heavy shopping bags when they could have taken a shopping cart that will hold all that heavy stuff.
Most people in that circumstance would be using a cart (used to be called a "granny cart") to haul the groceries home. That's how it's done. To assume the groceries are carried all the way home is ridiculous. The carts are used for hauling clothes to and from the laundromat, as well. How do people not know this?

Old 04-20-2019, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Of course.

My point stands.

You think the people who brag about being so generous actually give to people they resent?

If you dont like the delivery service, then take it up with Herr Trump, whose government created it.
And there we go with the Hitler reference. You guys are getting way too predicable.

Old 04-20-2019, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Of course.

My point stands.

Your point doesn't stand. The only reason SOME people are forced to pay others' food, clothing, housing, and medical bills is because liberals won't step up to the plate and put their money where their mouths are and donate enough voluntarily to fund the cost of assistance programs. It's quite evident that not even liberals support such programs if they're expected to pay for them by choice.

Old 04-20-2019, 06:46 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
And there we go with the Hitler reference. You guys are getting way too predicable.
Hitler? I didn't say Hitler, but if the shoe fits

My point stands.

Old 04-20-2019, 06:47 AM

Quote:
That's what happens when you call them out on their lack of sufficient charitable giving while insisting others be forced to pay for their pet welfare programs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies