Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 11:33 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Again one or more is too much. You would ignore or not believe any accounting there was from any source. It’s also impossible to get an accurate accounting on something that wasn’t talked about and was covered up by family and doctors.

"Again one or more is too much." = I pulled it out of my ***!

Old 04-22-2019, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
It doesn't matter if it only happened to one other woman......that woman isn't you, and whether she wants to seek an abortion or not is none of your business.

Neither is the deliberate killing of any other person that isn't directly related to me...so what?

Old 04-22-2019, 11:40 AM

36,514 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
And we know your claim is true because violins were playing in the background.
Or because the same claims have come directly from doctors and nurses who saw patients from botched abortions during this time.

Old 04-22-2019, 11:42 AM

36,514 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
So personhood is only defined by the govt? Is that correct?

The govt had no problem saying salves were 3.5 of a person. They were able to function perfectly happy with that.

I also know someone who had a home birth and the child does not have a SS number. Is that child a non person? The child doesn't exist until govt paperwork is filed?
Exibit A ^^^.

Old 04-22-2019, 11:42 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Or because the same claims have come directly from doctors and nurses who saw patients from botched abortions during this time.
Ever see a baby after an abortion? Botched doesn't cover it.

PS> 90% of all illegal abortions were performed by doctors and nurses.

Old 04-22-2019, 11:50 AM

23,971 posts, read 15,075,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Quote me where I said I was against BC.
Texas Right to Life informs me that the pill, NuvaRing, the patch and IUDs alter a woman's chemistry. They pose a risk to a newly conceived embryo. They want them classified as abortifacients instead of birth control.

Can't be against abortion and use those methods of BC. Just my 2 cents.

Judging from the failure rates, the only sure way to prevent pregnancy is abstinence or sterilization.

Old 04-22-2019, 11:51 AM

5,979 posts, read 2,234,421 times
All this stuff is just a conclusion is search of a winning argument.

Ban abortion and contraception is the goal. The means to get there doesn't matter including the idea of personhood. I know this because as soon as it fails in court, it will be discarded into the same trash pile that contains all the other arguments used since the 1960's.

Extreme personhood arguments fall apart when applied to other situation outside of abortion. ITs a very narrow view of personhood as well and does not take into account that the Mother can also make a personhood claim. We could end up with a court decision that would ban abortion but also ban forcing mothers to carry the baby in the womb as this is a violation of personhood for the mom as well.

I can envision a day when technology could replace the natural "womb" and carry a child to full-term. At that point I do believe a judge could rule that a fetus has personhood as does the Mom therefore the fetus will be placed in a growing container until full-term then become a ward of the state. Sounds nuts but this is where everything is going if "Personhood" is the crux of the argument.

Remember we can force people to pay for children (Taxation, child support if they have any means) but we cannot force them to raise that child.

Old 04-22-2019, 11:59 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Exibit A ^^^.
What matters then is only if government paperwork recognize a person as a .... person? Is that what you are saying?

Not sure what exhibit A is referring to.

Old 04-22-2019, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Don't give me that. How do you know there wasn't? Why do you want to return to such backward times? Part of the reason for banning abortion back then was because women were dying or getting very ill because the importance of using sanitary means was not well known.
Your claim professor!

Old 04-22-2019, 12:23 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,522,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
To begin with, it's not a baby, it's a fetus.

I know of two relatives who adopted a baby from a very troubled woman. Despite their very good intentions, this baby turned out to have a very troubled life. He is now 23 and the genetics shine through. He has ADHD, has trouble keeping jobs and is a very difficult person to talk to. I see nothing positive in his life and he contributes little to society. The baby turned out to have very negative qualities as a young person and now as a young adult. I wouldn't wish his life on anybody and he is either going to commit suicide or die young from a drug overdose. Would he have been better off being aborted as opposed to living his horrible life? I don't know, but he is a good example of a wasted life.
Sounds like you are slipping down the slope of calling for a reintroduction of eugenics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies