Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2019, 09:43 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,278,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Great analogy. I'm fairly certain the answer to this is 'no'.
These are neighbors who's house burned down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2019, 09:45 AM
TKO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Invasion:

an incursion by a large number of people or things into a place or sphere of activity.
"stadium guards are preparing for another invasion of fans"
synonyms: influx, inundation, inrush, rush, flood, torrent, deluge, stream, avalanche
"every year the valley suffers an invasion of cars"

The word is entirely appropriate to describe illegal immigration. Additionally, it’s not just “xenophobic right wingers” who agree on this point. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but the law is on the side of those who disagree with allowing invaders. They need to get in line and simply wait their turn like everyone else.
I agree about illegals. The crisis on the border right now is NOT illegals. It's refugees. I live here...it's in your face here.

Old 04-19-2019, 09:50 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post

Let's say I live in a home and my many homeless relatives are sleeping in the yard. You think it's okay to let strangers who broke into my home stay there, while my relatives are sleeping in the yard?

We cannot save the world. To give benefits to people breaking the law and entering our country illegally, while our own citizens are struggling to survive while homeless, while children are living in poverty and starving, and while those who came legally await the legal entry of their relatives, is morally reprehensible.

I know you don't care about Americans as much as you do illegals, but most of us aren't like you.

Old 04-19-2019, 10:03 AM

2,414 posts, read 2,988,207 times
Dictators need a national emergency complete with enemies in order to solidify their power.

Old 04-19-2019, 10:19 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
No, if they are neighbors, they are the ones who allowed their unruly children to do what they wanted with impunity, threw a fit if anyone tried to control one of children or point out their issues and now the child is destroying their house so it is now hardly fit to live in. So they are showing up on your door demanding they be allowed to live in your house and use all your stuff while you continue to pay for everything. If their house did actually burn down it was their kid who did it. The real kicker is that they are also sneaking that unruly child in with them.

Old 04-19-2019, 10:25 AM

1,893 posts, read 1,010,189 times
Quote:
Once again people who cannot distinguish between illegal aliens and legal immigration are straining the brain to try and understand a simple concept.

Fifth graders know the difference, but if you don't, we really cannot help you.
Trump says the country is full ---so to me that means all immigration needs to halt. But something tells me he's lying again, that the country isn't full and he's saying this for his base. Yet another one of his 9,000+ documented lies/mistruths.

Old 04-19-2019, 10:29 AM

14,228 posts, read 4,593,980 times
I work for CBP.

Some of my coworkers volunteered (and some voluntold) to go down to border (mostly in Texas) for operation "babysit". They say they are getting overrun down there and it's like the "walking dead". But according to our congress critters it's made up crisis by the President.

With any luck, i'll be joining (not by choice) my coworkers to for operation babysit this summer down at the border.

Old 04-19-2019, 10:54 AM
TKO

Quote:
Let's say I live in a home and my many homeless relatives are sleeping in the yard. You think it's okay to let strangers who broke into my home stay there, while my relatives are sleeping in the yard?

We cannot save the world. To give benefits to people breaking the law and entering our country illegally, while our own citizens are struggling to survive while homeless, while children are living in poverty and starving, and while those who came legally await the legal entry of their relatives, is morally reprehensible.

I know you don't care about Americans as much as you do illegals, but most of us aren't like you.
Illegal immigration is not ok. The problem right now in my town on the border are LEGAL refugee applicants. If anyone in the world can afford to help these people, our neighbors, it's us. To refuse is heartless. It's doesn't oblige us to help the whole world, just these few.

Old 04-19-2019, 10:58 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
He's supposed to be an American, and immigration is bad for America.
Tell your ancestors that.

Old 04-19-2019, 11:50 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Illegal immigration is not ok. The problem right now in my town on the border are LEGAL refugee applicants. If anyone in the world can afford to help these people, our neighbors, it's us. To refuse is heartless. It's doesn't oblige us to help the whole world, just these few.
There is an unusually high number of *refugee* applicants and at this point, yes, they should be turned away.

Once again, you've shown NO concern for Americans living on the street. And any concern you post after my pointing that out will be disingenuous, at best.

Your compassion for everyone but Americans is pretty telling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies