Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Liberals: Would you rather be stuck on an island with illegals or Trump supporters?
Illegals 101 80.16%
Trumpers 25 19.84%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2019, 03:55 PM

14,228 posts, read 4,590,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Why would you people need an island? Just illegally cross the border into Mexico and you can hang with them until your heart is content. You won’t be missed.
that's the same suggestion I gave to illegal immigrant-loving crowd. None of them wants to take on the offer, unfortunately.

I lived in Los Angeles for a number of years. These white liberals in Los Angeles love illegals, but at the end of the day they go back home to their segregated white (or almost white) neighborhood they prefer to live next to the Jones or Smiths instead of the Gonzales and Lopez

Old 04-19-2019, 04:02 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
that's the same suggestion I gave to illegal immigrant-loving crowd. None of them wants to take on the offer, unfortunately.

I lived in Los Angeles for a number of years. These white liberals in Los Angeles love illegals, but at the end of the day they go back home to their segregated white (or almost white) neighborhood they prefer to live next to the Jones or Smiths instead of the Gonzales and Lopez
So like OJ didn't live in Brentwood?

Old 04-19-2019, 04:09 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
What is Trumper?
But this thread some seem to like to inflict self pain, I will never be stuck on a island with Trump if I am it won't be for long seeing how many will be looking for him and in reality when I am on a island I'll be thinking about women, drinking, relaxing and eating at the resort and island of my choosing and the last thing on my mind will be the plight of illegals or Trump.
It's all in good fun.....

But to note how unlikely this would be.....

Back in the 1500's some Brit ship broke up off bermuda. This was REALLY in the early days. They found a virtual paradise as some other ship that had broke up had left some pigs there and there were birds, fruits and everything else a man might want. Compared to the very hard sea life, these guys were in heaven!

One day some ambergris (valuable) washed up. It was enough for these folks to live the good life back in London, so they hid it in a cave and figured that they'd live in Paradise...and, maybe if they were ever able to leave, have it made in England.

A couple years later one of the Kings ships finds them...and immediately tells them they are once again at the disposal of the King and that they have no choice but to leave with the ship. They are asked if they have any valuables and, of course, they say no. For whatever reason, one of them talks....and then the other two are sentenced to hanging and the treasure given to the King. At the very last minute they are spared....

But, still, imagine..if you couldn't get away from the Big Bad Gubment back in the mid-1500's, you sure can't do it today!

Old 04-19-2019, 04:13 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,957,599 times
Bad poll. There wasn't a C. All of the above option. Just ask Trump's employees. Many of them are illegal Trumpers.

Old 04-19-2019, 04:14 PM

14,228 posts, read 4,590,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
So like OJ didn't live in Brentwood?
I did say "almost white neighborhood"

LA is a demographically diverse city, but it's also very segregated by race and/or social class
Population and Race of Neighborhoods of the City of Los Angeles, California

it's easy being a bleeding heart liberal on the internet, but in reality liberals (especially white liberals) prefer to live next to other English- speaking white people (even if they are Trumpers)

Old 04-19-2019, 04:21 PM

15,631 posts, read 10,388,492 times
Says much that the "liberal" americans in this CD poll think so little of fellow americans who voted for trump, if voting for trump is the definition of a "trumper", that they would rather be "stuck on an island" with illegal immigrants who wouldn't share their american culture or their english language.... and illegal immigrants would have many more demographic and value differences from the "liberal" americans than just language and culture.

Sad.

Old 04-19-2019, 04:23 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,118,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
this wins the stupid post of the day.
Prove me wrong then.

Old 04-19-2019, 04:25 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,118,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
This is what I wrote and which you say was an attack on the POSTER (emphasis mine).

What a foolish thing to say. Utterly, mindlessly, idiotic, closed-minded stupid thing to say.

Note the part in bold. I'll requote it for you since you don't seem to be able to comprehend. is says, in pertinent part, "...thing to say" (emphasis added).

So you see, I didn't attack the poster, I attacked what he said, i.e. "thing to say".

So your "point" is actually a lie, a strawman. You mischaracterized what I said (i.e. you lied about what I said), and then attacked that lie. It's called a strawman, and marks the hyper-weak debater. Specifically what you said was "You attack the poster...", when the truth, as I have shown you, is that I attacked what he said, not Him or Her.

The phrase "Liar, Liar, pants on Fire" comes to mind when I re-read your strawman post.
It doesn't change the fact that MAGAs are communists.

Old 04-19-2019, 04:37 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
I didn’t know this thread would trigger so many Liberals lol

Old 04-19-2019, 04:37 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,537,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Sad to think that so many Americans prefer illegal aliens to their fellow countrymen just because they may have different political beliefs. You find that acceptable? I don't! I don't like the Democrat's agenda but I would never prefer illegal aliens over them as they are my fellow citizens, not illegal aliens! For shame! Your attempt at pulling the skin color/race card wasn't meant in jest either. It's what your side does all the time.
Our side has a sense of humor. My side in particular.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies