Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Liberals: Would you rather be stuck on an island with illegals or Trump supporters?
Illegals 101 80.16%
Trumpers 25 19.84%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 07:26 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,605,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Interesting, because WV, LA, MS, AL and AZ have the highest unemployment rates in the USA.....one would think many of them are Trumpers...who don't work!

Most Trumpers I know work...as Realtors or Network Marketers and stuff. Surely you know that the rise of Rushbo the King (who heralded Don the Con) was due to "white man sales guys alone in their cars"???

A generalization, of course, but proven to be the case.

Let's put it this way. There are not lots of Trumpers toiling away in Silicon Valley or in the Life Sciences in Boston, etc. - there are tons of them selling Real Estate, tho!
It's an anecdotal statement, as is yours. But please, continue losing your mind.

Old 04-20-2019, 07:27 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,605,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Looking at the poll has restored my faith in the wisdom of people and that this Forum in not entirely made of brain dead Trumpers. Thank you for voting.
The poll is for "liberals", I'm surprised it isn't 100%.

Old 04-20-2019, 07:38 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,186,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
I'm not sure which Bible you're reading, but mine is all about love for the lawbreakers. Remember all those dudes in the OT who broke God's law? Then remember that part when God came to earth as a baby in order to forgive those who broke the law? And how he said to love everyone? And remember the part where Mary and Joseph had to flee to Egypt because the law was that the firstborn baby boy of each family was to die? They were refugees/asylum seekers... did you forget that part? Or the parts where Paul talks about how the lawbreakers (the breakers of God's law, which I'm sure you'd agree is more important than one country's law) are forgiven?

Do you think that Jesus loves refugees less than he loves Trumpers? I suggest you talk to your pastor about this. Unless your pastor is the one feeding you this information.... in that case, maybe a new church is needed.
This is true. Jesus loves all equally. That is logical. But does it rationalize having wide open borders and letting in 100's of 1000's of illegal immigrants to add to our already overcrowded cities and to tax our thin resources even more? Using Jesus as a reason to accept illegal aliens into our country by the millions...is pure hogwash. Plus we have 16 million American children who go hungry each day. And over 500 thousand homeless citizens. If you are such the model Christian...why don't you personally take in a few dozen families and take care of them.

Old 04-21-2019, 04:47 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,626,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
Conservatives can't stop themselves from cheating. It's the only way they can win any kind of vote.

Old 04-21-2019, 05:32 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,320,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Conservatives can't stop themselves from cheating. It's the only way they can win any kind of vote.
Ain't that the truth. North Carolina vote fraud proved conservatives are the biggest problem, not illegals,. Trump couldn't find anything for his voter fraud commission

Old 04-21-2019, 05:37 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,206,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I'm a liberal, and I've never had a nanny or hired a landscaper. In fact, I made money during college doing yard work.
And how many friends of yours are illegal-immigrants?

Old 04-21-2019, 06:14 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,725,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I'm a liberal, and I've never had a nanny or hired a landscaper. In fact, I made money during college doing yard work.
I'm a liberal and I do hire a landscaper, but he's not here illegally. At least I don't think so. He's a white guy from Deep South with a drawl and pro-gun stickers on his truck. LOL Chances are much better he's a Trumper! But we don't discuss it as it has nothing to do with his ability to mow my lawn.

Old 04-21-2019, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
This is true. Jesus loves all equally. That is logical. But does it rationalize having wide open borders and letting in 100's of 1000's of illegal immigrants to add to our already overcrowded cities and to tax our thin resources even more? Using Jesus as a reason to accept illegal aliens into our country by the millions...is pure hogwash. Plus we have 16 million American children who go hungry each day. And over 500 thousand homeless citizens. If you are such the model Christian...why don't you personally take in a few dozen families and take care of them.
This thread isn't about open borders, though. It's about who one would rather spend time with on a hypothetical desert island that is likely not even part of the USA. I was responding to the poster who said that he does not love illegal immigrants and that Jesus would condone him not showing love to them. I am pointing out that he is mistaken. If you only love people based on where they live, where they come from, what color their skin is or even whether they have done something against man's law or against God's law, then you are a terrible hypocrite.

Old 04-21-2019, 06:43 AM

10,529 posts, read 6,163,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
It's an anonymous poll.

All polls on here should be public to prevent Trumpsters from cheating.

Old 04-21-2019, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
It's an anonymous poll.

All polls on here should be public to prevent Trumpsters from cheating.
It's not anonymous. Click on the numbers and you'll see everyone who has voted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies