Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2019, 05:44 PM

447 posts, read 208,634 times

Advertisements

What is she doing telling an UBER driver her personal business? Some folks have got a serious case of diarrhea of the mouth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2019, 05:54 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,035,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post

So Yahoo trolls Reddit for stories now, weird.

That's emblematic of today's "cutting-edge" journalism, don'cha know?

Old 04-19-2019, 05:57 PM

78,414 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
That's emblematic of today's "cutting-edge" journalism, don'cha know?
Well they don't have much of a budget anymore so there isn't time to:

-proof read, spell check
-check basic facts for correctness
-actually investigate much

So yeah, surfing the web for stories and bootstrapping AP articles along with self serving opinion pieces is sadly a lot of todays media.

Old 04-19-2019, 07:12 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
She should have just kept her trap shut even when the driver was continuing to be nosy.

Also, on what grounds does she think she can bring legal action against Uber. While I think the driver was out of line (probably a 'hero' to quite a few on here), ultimately her ride was comped, get over it.
Well, her grounds are probably that there is an implicit contract with the driver.

It's not all about money, you know. Although I agree that, like many people, she should have shut up.

Old 04-19-2019, 11:03 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
While it's not against the law for him to make her leave his car, I'm pretty sure it's against Uber's TOS.

No idea why she would even volunteer that type of information, though. I'm completely pro-choice, but I'm also pro- not being stupid. It's obviously a very controversial topic... why bring it up to some stranger who is tasked with safely driving you to your destination? Don't tell your Uber driver that you're getting an abortion, attending a Trump rally, going to march in a white supremacy parade, going to shoot up in an alley. Just get in the car, confirm your destination, make small talk about the weather, and get to where you're going.
There must be reasons under the TOS to kick a passenger out of the car. A good lawyer could probably find a way to make this fall under those reasons. Either way, stupidity on everyone’s part here.

Old 04-20-2019, 09:12 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
It sounds like the driver copped an attitude and started grilling and verbally attacking her from the get go because her destination was a Planned Parenthood.....how was that in anyway HER FAULT?

And Uber was right to fire him......she could have ended up in harm's way when he dumped her/scared her off instead of taking her safely to her destination......doing the job he was hired to do. She had every reason to be scared, pro-life fanatics have been known to get violent.

If Uber chose to ignore this incident they would be held liable if the driver ever pulled a stunt like this again and a woman did come to harm....and rightly so.

The driver deserved to be fired.

Old 04-20-2019, 09:23 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Weird story. But I am pro choice all around. She has the right to choose. So does the driver.

Next time an Uber driver starts asking personal questions, maybe she will tell him to mind his own business.

That would likely depend on whether picking someone up and agreeing to deliver them somewhere for $$$ is equivalent to a verbal contract.

Old 04-21-2019, 10:41 AM

1 posts, read 204 times
Somebody used an unorthodox method to try and prevent a baby from being killed. At the end of the day somebody died in the story.I wonder who the real hero is . I wonder who the real victim is.

Old 04-21-2019, 10:51 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,698,703 times
How the Hell do you take a cab ride and get into telling the driver you are having an abortion ???????

Old 04-21-2019, 11:54 AM

2,898 posts, read 1,869,150 times
I would have dropped her as well.

Abortion is beyond reprehensible and vile. I would have no part in it. I couldn't morally be OK knowing I assisted the process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies