Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 06:36 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
Those were single file muskets--am I correct? Not AR-15s or Uzis with high clips. And they had to hunt for food back then. Now we have web-based delivery of groceries, and no one has to hunt for food.
What are high clips?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2019, 06:46 PM

8,480 posts, read 6,878,349 times
Rambo America is reaching a new high plateau of hysteria. The new Revolutionary War freedom fighters. Middle Aged white men with pot guts and high on Bud Lite. You would all cry like little babies if someone fired a shot in anger at you.

Old 04-20-2019, 06:47 PM

3,368 posts, read 1,604,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Machine guns banned? Hardly.
Registration / Manufacture for private citizens.

Last edited by Jimbo302; 04-20-2019 at 07:22 PM..

Old 04-20-2019, 07:01 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Quote:
Those were single file muskets--am I correct? Not AR-15s or Uzis with high clips. And they had to hunt for food back then. Now we have web-based delivery of groceries, and no one has to hunt for food.
Were there any other kind of guns back then? No restrictions on cannons either by the way. You missed that I assume.

Why do you insist upon restricting other people's rights? You do know that the absolute vast majority of gun owners have never used their gun to break any laws?

I would hazard to guess that more people have used the internet to break laws than legal gun owners. Perhaps we should restrict the internet to only those with a legitimate business need? After all we don't need web based grocery delivery. We have a super Walmart in every town.

Doctors? Oh doctors and bad decisions or medical staff misunderstanding orders kill more people than legally purchased firearms as well. Shall we ban doctors? Hey it is your logic not mine.

WE don't need doctors today. We have web based medical advice and no one needs to go waste time in a waiting room to be told that they have the common cold.

Old 04-20-2019, 08:14 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Quote:
Where to you get " no one has to hunt for food"? I saw dozens of people heading out for turkey hunting this morning. There are thousands around here who fill their freezers with wild game of every season. Many would not have meat otherwise.

Old 04-20-2019, 08:16 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Rambo America is reaching a new high plateau of hysteria. The new Revolutionary War freedom fighters. Middle Aged white men with pot guts and high on Bud Lite. You would all cry like little babies if someone fired a shot in anger at you.
Yeah right. The majority of us are combat veterans. Not keyboard warriors hiding in mommy's basement like you.

Old 04-20-2019, 08:19 PM

2,068 posts, read 998,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Were children getting mowed down in schools 244 years ago?

Probably not.

Likewise, children weren't getting mowed down in Planned Parenthood facilities 244 years ago, either.

Old 04-20-2019, 08:36 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Swalwell: We’ll Take Your Guns Because We Have Nukes

Who would even insinuate such a thing? This is one crazy Democratic mofo. Lol

Gun ban and buy back? Lmao this guy is truly out of his mind.

Old 04-20-2019, 08:39 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,138,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
244 years ago today, on April 19, 1775, the overbearing government in America sent army troops to confiscate the guns of local residents. The residents refused to surrender to the troops, and opened fire. (Actually it's not known who fired the first shot).

The towns were Concord and Lexington, Mass. British troops marched from Boston, hoping to take the Americans by surprise. Paul Revere and his friends rode ahead and warned the American townspeople, who gathered in a meadow near the town and stood off the British. The Americans then kept firing at the British troops as they marched back to Boston... without any confiscated guns. A few years later, the U.S. Constitution was written, and a passage was shortly added saying that since an armed populace was necessary for security and freedom, the right of ordinary citizens to own and carry a gun cannot be restricted or taken away.

Fast forward 244 years. Today we have an overbearing government in America, whose elected officials (such as Eric Swalwell, D-CA) are declaring that the govt must make various guns illegal (despite the amendment in the Constitution), confiscate them, and throw in jail any American citizens who refuse to give up their (legally purchased and owned) guns.

Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.
Somehow, I don't think that the lesson most people take from the American Revolution is about guns.

Old 04-20-2019, 08:40 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,588,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
You assume that the armed military would risk their lives to attack citizens of the country they are supposed to defend? Having a deterrent offers great protection sometimes without even having to actually use it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Are you looking for an excuse for govt to violate the 2nd amendment?
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Who are the generals that will follow illegal orders to attack US citizens?

Who are the junior officers that will instruct their units to go on the offensive against their own friends, family members and neighbors?

Who are the NCOs that will forget they are ordered to disobey illegal orders?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
It's not 1865 either, sorry. No reparations are in order.
Did I hit everyone, as I tried and to respond to all of you with one word, "exactly" ... so ... in the words of the 2nd amendment ... who are we arming ourselves against?

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

are the British coming? nope that's been done already. So what are the AK 47s doing in our closets? (i'm assuming as I don't know guns) All you need is a 22 to take down a rabbit. That's the gun I know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies