Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 10:55 PM

29,515 posts, read 22,653,459 times

Advertisements

With rumors of an IPO, as they say no such thing as bad publicity.

The irony though is that this ad didn't have much attention until SJW's started complaining on social media. Makes you wonder if Ancestry planned this from the beginning, seeing as no attention at first, then having its own people raise a fuss online.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...ad-controversy
Quote:
The DNA testing company Ancestry.com on Thursday took down a controversial ad, which depicts a white man romantically pursuing a black woman in what appears to be the slave-owning South, amid a torrent of backlash from people who accused the company of whitewashing the violent history of slavery.
ANCESTRY.COM’S RACIST AD TUMBLES INTO A CULTURAL MINEFIELD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2019, 11:08 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Well now, we can't allow stories about interracial love can we? That would be racis...

wait...

Old 04-20-2019, 11:09 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

The irony though is that this ad didn't have much attention until SJW's started complaining on social media. Makes you wonder if Ancestry planned this from the beginning, seeing as no attention at first, then having its own people raise a fuss online.

Even though I'm tired and so over commercials that show black women white men relationships. I'm not clearly offended with such commercial created by ancestry.com. Such scenarios probably did happen with white and black people during the pre Civil War Era. Yes black women were raped, but also some black women had consensual sex with white men during those times too. I myself, even though I'm a person of color. My white Paternal fore father was married to a black woman, however this did not happen in the United States. Some people are not born light skin because of rape, but at times born light skin because of love or lust.

Other than that. I must figure out why 34 million Americans and their white liberal allies are so angry these days. And I say this as a man who love white liberals and who loves African Americans. Why so angry?

Old 04-20-2019, 11:18 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Would have been perfectly acceptable, even promoted, had it been reverse.

Old 04-20-2019, 11:23 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,120,871 times
I have seen a study posted, by an Africanist historian, purporting that most of the white/black mixing in the Antebellum south, even on plantations, was not rape. When people's come together, they often trade, they sometimes fight, they ALWAYS breed. It's human nature.

I just don't know what to say about this **** anymore. Our country is heading towards being the Balkans, or the Middle East, with various populations of people that have and want nothing to do with each other. And it is ALL coming from the left.

It is sad, and I am very tempted to say "let if burn," except that I am a father now and desperately want the nation to heal for my own mixed-race daughter.

Old 04-20-2019, 11:23 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,138,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Even though I'm tired and so over commercials that show black women white men relationships. I'm not clearly offended with such commercial created by ancestry.com. Such scenarios probably did happen with white and black people during the pre Civil War Era. Yes black women were raped, but also some black women had consensual sex with white men during those times too. I myself, even though I'm a person of color. My white Paternal fore father was married to a black woman, however this did not happen in the United States. Some people are not born light skin because of rape, but at times born light skin because of love or lust.

Other than that. I must figure out why 34 million Americans and their white liberal allies are so angry these days. And I say this as a man who love white liberals and who loves African Americans. Why so angry?

Because it's easier to be angry than honest. Bad & Good happen to varying degrees, but tribalism and intellectual dishonesty on all fronts are experiencing a resurgence to the detriment of the nation. Group-think is one of the worst scourges that has ever beset humanity.

Old 04-21-2019, 05:30 AM

37,103 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Was the ad depicting a real couple?

If so, the outrage is misplaced.

Old 04-21-2019, 05:34 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
LOL, I have to question where the "outrage" came from. Maybe some people were upset about what is in their family tree?

Old 04-21-2019, 02:49 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

Was the man supposed to be Thomas Jefferson?

Old 04-21-2019, 03:10 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Mandingo!

All kidding aside, there was a lot of intermingling of the races in the postwar south so it wasn't just slave master to slave stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies