Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 06:15 PM

31,004 posts, read 22,045,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Transgender suicide rate is 40% regardless of ... everything. No other populations has such a high suicide rate.

There is no swinging pendulum.
One of my best friends is a M/F Transgender and was constantly depressed and had thoughts of taking her life during her transition in spite of having friends and family completely supporting her. The depression and extreme mood swings just go with the territory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2019, 06:39 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
Why is this so threatening to all y'all?

If a child exhibits gender dysphoria, then the proper thing to do is to take the child to a therapist who is trained in that area and develop a suitable course of action if the child is transgender or non-binary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
You’re absolutely right. That’s the proper thing to do.

The improper thing to do is exploit your minor child by taking his/her personal struggle and publishing it in an effort to achieve progressive bragging rights.
And how do you know from that "blurb" that these things weren't done? How are you so certain that Faux news told anything close to the full story - in the matter of a few paragraphs? They included no detailed information at all which would allow an intelligent person to decide if there was abuse occurring. Good that you can jump to such a conclusion on the basis of.....nothing. What it shows is that people shouting abuse categorically reject the notion of gender dysphoria and that even such a diagnosis apparently qualifies as "abuse".

Old 04-22-2019, 09:28 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,795,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
So, twenty plus years ago it was a trend for those who were LGBTQ teens to identify as "straight" so they wouldn't get their butts kicked by jerks. Didn't you know, at 11 (around that time), whom you had crushes on? I sure did. Not meaning that we acted on it (sexually), but we knew who we liked.
Crushes at 11-14 years of age is one thing. Flat out saying you are bi, gay or trans at that age is another. It is a whole different world from the early 90's to today. It's definitely an eye opening experience from the 80's-90's to today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
This is exactly what they wanted. This is actually happening. They've done it.
Yes they have. This is just one of the things that is added to kids plates in this day and age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Scientists say that a very high percentage of these kids who are confused about gender end up feeling more comfortable in their bodies once they reach puberty and end up being gay or lesbian. But now parents are giving them hormone blockers or therapy before puberty, which I think will set them up for a lifetime of loneliness and confusion. They should let them be open about it, but I do not think they should do the hormones at such a young age. That is an irrevocable decision that should not be done when they’re too young to really understand what they’re going through. It sterilizes the kids and who knows about health risks of hormones. I do not like this trend at all.
I completely agree with you on the bolded part!!!! When I took both of my kids in for their well child appointments (both withing the past 6 months) with their Dr, she emphasized that their frontal lobe is not completely developed and will not be until their 20's. To help give them choices and help guide them in their decision making, reasoning and also their self control.

Quote:

If a child exhibits gender dysphoria, then the proper thing to do is to take the child to a therapist who is trained in that area and develop a suitable course of action if the child is transgender or non-binary.
It's not threatening. It's becoming very concerning. We have people putting labels on kids that play dress up in different clothing, play with toys of the opposite sex, etc. What happened to the innocence of childhood?
By the way, I was the girl who was next to her daddy as he worked on cars (even helped him).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
This is the swing of the pendulum.

In generations past, teens hid their sexual feelings and were ashamed. Suicide was common.
Studies have shown that suicide and suicide attempts are actually increasing quite a bit from generations past.
There is a big difference between a 7 year old and a teen.

Old 04-22-2019, 09:52 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
Does he truly want to be a girl?

Or does she want him to be a girl?

Freaking hell, give the kid some time on this planet to figure out his identity. My nephew is his age and thinks he's a zebra. lol

If it was my kid, I'd get him a unisex suitable wardrobe, let him pick his own toys, be there to listen if he needs to talk, but otherwise leave his identity up to him.

Old 04-22-2019, 11:50 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,426,783 times
Children are the guinea pigs in the Left's social experiment laboratory.

Old 04-22-2019, 11:53 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,426,783 times
Quote:

The proper thing to do is to let the child become an adult before injecting them with hormones and/or beginning the process of mutilation.

Old 04-23-2019, 01:52 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,489,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Scientists say that a very high percentage of these kids who are confused about gender end up feeling more comfortable in their bodies once they reach puberty and end up being gay or lesbian. But now parents are giving them hormone blockers or therapy before puberty, which I think will set them up for a lifetime of loneliness and confusion. They should let them be open about it, but I do not think they should do the hormones at such a young age. That is an irrevocable decision that should not be done when they’re too young to really understand what they’re going through. It sterilizes the kids and who knows about health risks of hormones. I do not like this trend at all.
It's been explained to me by a therapist that many of the born female kids who are dealing with gender issues do reach puberty and end up not considering themselves *trans in the end. And that, as you mentioned, it has to do with becoming more comfortable with their bodies. She also told me that studies are showing something quite different for born males who consider themselves female. Studies aren't showing the same thing in that case.

Old 04-25-2019, 09:51 AM

35,002 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
Yet both of my kids (12 and 15) have both told me it's a huge fad to either identify as gay, bi, trans etc.
One of my kids friends told me they were bi (at 11). I asked her who are you without your friends influence and without your hormones going crazy? She said she didn't even know who she was and that she didn't need to think of her sexual identity at that age. Pretty damn smart for 11.

Kind of sucks they are pushing this crap on kids today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
And then there's my mom, who taught preschool children for 49 years, who never jumped to the ridiculous conclusion that the 3 and 4 year old babies were "disconnected to their gender role" because of how they played or what they said.

Maybe the little girl who played with trucks is a legitimate truck driver now, maybe the little boy who liked to dance is in a ballet company now. The tomboy who didn't like dresses may have played softball and earned a college scholarship that way. The 4 year olds who say they hate boys because they have cooties doesn't put them on the path to being identified as lesbians.

The nonsense just has to stop. Let kids be kids.
I guess "progressives" need something to stir the pot on. Transgender bathrooms were the start. Frankly, this kind of insanity is what got Donald Trump elected.

Old 04-25-2019, 10:04 AM

15,626 posts, read 10,380,316 times
I don't know enough, obviously, to make any judgement on theron's kid. but, as a mother, I would never in a million years share with the world in an interview that my 7 year old son proclaimed at 3 years old he was a girl.

does theron have any clue about a mother protecting the privacy of her small child? this woman's choice to make public a private statement made by her toddler was shocking, selfish, and irresponsible.

Old 04-25-2019, 10:04 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
Wow....
That gal's mind is a real bucketful of snakes.

She's pretty, but I'm glad to see that not all men have lost their senses. Getting involved with her would be a nightmare for any normal man.

Yeah she's rich, pretty and famous, but the ticket price is more than the show is worth.

I'm thinking so. I thought she was hotter than a two dollar pistol In A Million Ways to Die in the West, but she's nothing like that character in real life. She's conditioned this kid flat blatantly. He never had a chance. He needs to be sent out to a really remote ranch somewhere (probably for a year or better now)and spend time as a BOY around real men. Find himself again sans his daffy Mother.

S*** like this is just wrong on to many levels to list. At 3 years old he could have just as easily said "I'm a cat." Would she then have had him using a litter box and eating out of bowls on the floor? Seems to me she used what he supposedly said as an excuse to use him for a social statement. This woman is daffy as an outhouse rat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies