Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 07:01 AM

1,415 posts, read 1,087,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I have been to Ghana a couple of times. Secondly, your point is not germane. Those descendants of enslaved Americans, whose ancestors originated in Ghana...don't have Ghanaian culture any longer, but rather, a culture that they learned in America from being oppressed.

Descendants of Africans brought to America also have European and native American blood in them now, so they're not pure African as much as they'd wish to think they are.

Old 04-22-2019, 07:07 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,653,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nedergras View Post
Descendants of Africans brought to America also have European and native American blood in them now, so they're not pure African as much as they'd wish to think they are.

I don't think most African Americans WISH to be more African. African Americans have been programmed to see Mixed characteristics as "superior". Most African Americans do not want anything to do with Africa and most know they are mixed.

That having been said.....your point is even more proof that the behavior is not due to race....but the oppression. If it was rooted in race then the pure Africans would exhibit the behavior even more so...but the opposite is true.

Old 04-22-2019, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I don't think most African Americans WISH to be more African. African Americans have been programmed to see Mixed characteristics as "superior". Most African Americans do not want anything to do with Africa and most know they are mixed.

That having been said.....your point is even more proof that the behavior is not due to race....but the oppression. If it was rooted in race then the pure Africans would exhibit the behavior even more so...but the opposite is true.

We're all oppressed by freedom, not just you mate.

Old 04-22-2019, 07:10 AM

10,931 posts, read 11,675,775 times
I've had very little interaction with diversity on the ground in the US, and what little experience I had was with black, Asian, and Hispanic professional and sales people. We were more alike than different in our interactions. At the DNA level all of us humans are more alike than different. I have also worked extensively in West, East and Southern Africa, but again mostly with professional people. Not much difference, there, ether.

The differences come more from our environment than heredity.

Old 04-22-2019, 07:11 AM

78 posts, read 37,128 times
Studies have shown that kids that grow up in racial diversity end up being more racist in life than those that grow up in segregated areas. Read the book Nurtureshock, it's all there. Its far more beneficial for somebody to grow up in economic diversity and not even worry about the racial component.

Old 04-22-2019, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackpershing View Post
Studies have shown that kids that grow up in racial diversity end up being more racist in life than those that grow up in segregated areas. Read the book Nurtureshock, it's all there. Its far more beneficial for somebody to grow up in economic diversity and not even worry about the racial component.

You mean like how the limousine liberals that live in gated communities aren't racist but the working class is racist because they exhibit too much toxic masculinity by driving a truck that they also use for work instead of a commuter car?

Old 04-22-2019, 07:17 AM

3,372 posts, read 1,553,923 times
"Diversity" is a favorite catchphrase for those looking to subvert certain groups. There are no added benefits to hiring or admitting someone who is less qualified. I find it very telling (and as usual very hypocritical) for all of those "diversity" champions who never question the lack of diversity in professional sports. If they really wanted diversity, then professional sports represent corporations with a stunning lack of diversity (basketball, football, track, etc).

So let's start putting some real under-performers on your favorite sports team. Because we need to foster diversity.

Old 04-22-2019, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
"Diversity" is a favorite catchphrase for those looking to subvert certain groups. There are no added benefits to hiring or admitting someone who is less qualified. I find it very telling (and as usual very hypocritical) for all of those "diversity" champions who never question the lack of diversity in professional sports. If they really wanted diversity, then professional sports represent corporations with a stunning lack of diversity (basketball, football, track, etc).

So let's start putting some real under-performers on your favorite sports team. Because we need to foster diversity.

Diversity for thee, not for me.

Old 04-22-2019, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
I've had very little interaction with diversity on the ground in the US, and what little experience I had was with black, Asian, and Hispanic professional and sales people. We were more alike than different in our interactions. At the DNA level all of us humans are more alike than different. I have also worked extensively in West, East and Southern Africa, but again mostly with professional people. Not much difference, there, ether.

The differences come more from our environment than heredity.

Europe segregates more than it'd like to admit. Like Amsterdam, the inner core historically where the uber wealthy live has plenty of "transient" diversity who only come during the day by car or public transit, and leave by night unless they're vagrant. Then back off to the suburbs they go, yet Dutch live in the suburbs too just in the brand new housing.

Old 04-22-2019, 07:24 AM

5,768 posts, read 3,200,427 times
I am a white male who has worked from the age of 18 until I retired at 65. I have an advanced degree partly through hard work, partly through good luck. I have more in common with the black guy across town, or the Hispanic down the block than I will ever have with the Koch brothers or the President.

All you need to know about people is there are those who work and those who don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies