Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 08:59 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
The point here is not free speech. The point is why the shirt should be socially scorned.

The shirt implies that the wearer doesn't support the original meaning of LGBTQ, or at least that the shirt implies trivialization of actual LGBTQ struggles through the past two generations.
On to the other content of the shirt.

Liberty: For whom? Even before that, why should I believe Trump's definition of liberty (implied here) is superior to the SJW definition?

Guns: Barely regulated rights to own and use firearms? The traditional American definition is...unique. I'll grant that much. I suppose it's because other nations lack a citizenry infested with paranoia about devolving into totalitarianism if we avert our gaze to sneeze or get dust out of our eye. That or else certain Americans think that freedom means doing whatever the hell they want without wondering how allowing that activity can be used irresponsibly by others.

Bible: You can have this one. Merely stating you support the Bible is no more objectionable than shirts saying "Read the Quran: The Last Revelation". It's of little consequence as a practical matter.

Trump: (No accounting for taste). I grant he's not Hitler or Jefferson Davis. Even so, his demeanor and policies show that even if disagree he's fascist, he certainly kicked open the door to it. Plus, his cheap demagoguery against the press, his opponents, and promotion of violence (shooting someone on Fifth Avenue, punch him in the face and I'll pay for your legal defense) -- that is definitely promoting and encouraging incivility more blatantly than any president since at least before the Civil War, and certainly in my lifetime. Trump's not simply a president "liberals" don't like. He's a threat to the American way of life.
Caveat: I'm not a Trump fanboy, nor am I a dumpTrump.

I just have to ask - why are liberals wound so tightly they can't take a joke, lighten up, or take something at face value without finding something wrong with it?

It must be a burden to go through life with such heavy, serious views of everything in the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2019, 09:01 PM

10,519 posts, read 6,156,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Triggered just like dirtbags are triggered over MAGA hats.
You guys find it absolutely impossible to type a sentence without some kind of insult.

See how threads like this start off apparently all "ooh liberals can't take a joke, ho ho ho' then within seconds when the tables are turned it's all Trumpsters being offended and angry once again. Actually the thread started out with a heap of nasty insults towards liberals from a Trumpster.

This thread is hilarious. You guys should look in a mirror.

Old 04-22-2019, 09:21 PM

10,519 posts, read 6,156,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Yep, pretty much.
Maybe what you wish for, but you will just have to keep on wishing.

Old 04-22-2019, 11:29 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,560,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Maybe what you wish for, but you will just have to keep on wishing.
It’s okay to laugh. Loosen up a little. We live in a free country. Some people will say things you don’t agree with. It won’t hurt you unless you let it hurt you. You are in control. Just ignore it. You’d be surprised at how easy it is to not be offended.

I was raised in the ‘70s and ‘80s. We were taught that sticks and stones may break your bones, but words will never hurt you. Is that not a thing anymore?

Last edited by katygirl68; 04-22-2019 at 11:50 PM..

Old 04-22-2019, 11:55 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,426,246 times
Enjoy some barbecue and give the SJWs the middle-finger.

Old 04-23-2019, 02:47 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,817,332 times
Quote:
What the hell are you on about.? You're just making up imaginary scenarios now.
There is no comment about anybody committing violence against anybody for wearing these tshirts. Just people complaining that they're offended about them, which is their right.

Jeez. Talk about triggered.
Quote:
Triggered just like dirtbags are triggered over MAGA hats.
Quote:
You guys find it absolutely impossible to type a sentence without some kind of insult.

See how threads like this start off apparently all "ooh liberals can't take a joke, ho ho ho' then within seconds when the tables are turned it's all Trumpsters being offended and angry once again. Actually the thread started out with a heap of nasty insults towards liberals from a Trumpster.

This thread is hilarious. You guys should look in a mirror.

your problem is that you think that assaulting someone for wearing a MAGA hat, ither tossing a drink on them, stealing their property(the hat in question), getting in their faces and screaming about the hat and DEMANDING that the person remove the hat, etc. is somehow a joke. sorry friend, it isnt. personally i have a serious sense of humor, and i use it all the time. and i can laugh at myself, so much of my humor is self deprecating, can you say the same?

as i have noted, humor is one thing, assault is something else entirely. and yes when people break the law and commit an assault, they ARE IN FACT DIRTBAGS. dont like it? tough.

Old 04-23-2019, 03:08 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,488,549 times
Quote:
Holy crap, the SJWs must be in arm waving mouth frothing frenzy. Not to mention the freak shows that make up the alphabet soup group.
Not really. Yawn. Never would have known about this at all if I hadn't seen it here. Bored.

Old 04-23-2019, 03:38 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,465,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineman View Post
I bet he could sell a ton of them on E-Bay.
Of course he could. That`s where smart people spend thousands of dollars for a piece of burnt toast that looks like Jesus. Fools and their money......

Old 04-23-2019, 04:08 AM

2,898 posts, read 1,863,125 times
I want one of these shirts. It's harmless and funny

Old 04-23-2019, 04:10 AM

2,898 posts, read 1,863,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Caveat: I'm not a Trump fanboy, nor am I a dumpTrump.

I just have to ask - why are liberals wound so tightly they can't take a joke, lighten up, or take something at face value without finding something wrong with it?

It must be a burden to go through life with such heavy, serious views of everything in the world.
Because they love the victim mentality. They love political divisions and to divide and conquer. There are people who actually spend their free time looking for things to be outraged over. It's actual mental illness. Very sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies