Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 08:20 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Right, and who is getting in anybody's face in relation to anything I have said?
Smart! Never know who is armed these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2019, 09:15 AM

10,529 posts, read 6,163,233 times
People have some serious comprehension problems on this thread.

Old 04-23-2019, 12:03 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Once again, what the hell are you going on about?

I never even mentioned MAGA hats or said anything about MAGA hats. Someone else mentioned MAGA hats. This:

"your problem is that you think that assaulting someone for wearing a MAGA hat, ither tossing a drink on them, stealing their property(the hat in question), getting in their faces and screaming about the hat and DEMANDING that the person remove the hat, etc. is somehow a joke."

is all entirely a figment of your imagination! I never said a single thing about MAGA hats so how do you know what I think? You don't.
I quoted someone else who brought up MAGA hats but I highlighted the word 'dirtbags' which is what was responding to , not the flippin' hats.

This is a thread about words printed on a t-shirt.

it doesnt matter what the words are on, hat, T-shirt, what ever. the liberals that want to shut down free speech for those that are not liberals are triggered by these things. its only a matter of time until we start seeing reports of liberals assaulting people wearing these T-shirts.

Old 04-23-2019, 12:47 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,537,231 times
Combine this thread with this thread and you've got a lot of people triggered by stuff the other side says.

Cross-posted to the other thread. Just sayin'.

edit- it's not on the other thread any more. Wonder why.

Last edited by cyrano; 04-23-2019 at 01:22 PM..

Old 04-23-2019, 01:04 PM

1,207 posts, read 1,281,898 times
Always funny to see right wingers claim that they love humor but then get upset when someone tells them they have no rhythm and can't season/cook for cr*p.

Old 04-23-2019, 02:55 PM

2,923 posts, read 977,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlando-calrissian View Post
Always funny to see right wingers claim that they love humor but then get upset when someone tells them they have no rhythm and can't season/cook for cr*p.
no one is upset that's just not funny

Old 04-23-2019, 02:56 PM

2,923 posts, read 977,629 times
Quote:
People have some serious comprehension problems on this thread.
Thank you for the direct messages disparaging me and then blocking me before I can respond. How cowardly.

Old 04-23-2019, 03:51 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlando-calrissian View Post

heck when they say that about me, they are just speaking the truth. i gots no rhythm, and while i can cook, i do use too much seasoning at times. so what have you got now?

Old 04-23-2019, 04:09 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 15 hours ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,599,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
in other words, free speech for me but not for thee, right? the point here is that it is ABSOLUTELY about free speech. the guy has he absolute right to put what ever he wants on a T-shirt and sell it. if you dont like that then tough toenails. move to russia or north korea where you can go cry to the government about how you are offended and to have them do something about it.
Nope, Free Speech is only about whether the government should restrict your right to speak. It says nothing about "we the people" objecting to something distasteful.

Quote:
as long as you live in this country though, there is nothing you can do about it except whine like a spoiled two year old that isnt getting the toys they want right now.
If there's any whining going on, it's by the traditionalists who can't accept that fewer and fewer people believe in traditional ideas of what weird, distasteful, and disrespect-worthy person - especially when they see it as just a thoughtless affirmation of arbitrary ideas of who is worthy of disdain.

Quote:
my advice to ANYONE offended by this, or any other, T-shirt is to grow up and grow a thick skin, and deal with it like an adult.
Pot-Kettle-Black: Objections to Confederate Flag removal, taking a knee, and #metoo. That sound familiar? As much "whining" and "thin skin" I've seen about that, the saying "Physician, heal thyself" comes to mind.

And even that line assumes that thin-skin is more worthy of castigation than any trait this side of a high-level misdemeanor - which I don't even agree with that much.

Quote:
we have far too many entitled and thin skinned people in this country screeching about stupid stuff, and screaming for government to do something about it, or committing violence on others because they got their little feelings hurt.
They only seem entitled to you because mainstream traditional society has been soaked in so many old cultural ideas and attitudes that they couldn't sense even the possibility that some people are regarded as second-class people at best.

Also, you're just assuming that "little feelings" are so trivial that they deserve unceremoniously handwaving away. Again, Confederate flags, etc. I listed. Further hypocrisy from the "feelings and thin-skin" bashers.

Quote:
great post there my friend.
About to the same extent that "Morons Are Governing America" is, I suppose ("great" in the sense of a clever catchy phrase that sticks in the mind). Problem is, few serious and capable people are swayed by clever and catchy comeback lines. It's the verbal version of WWE and nothing more.

Old 04-23-2019, 04:12 PM

1,207 posts, read 1,281,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
no one is upset that's just not funny
Nah it's pretty damn funny

Quote:
heck when they say that about me, they are just speaking the truth. i gots no rhythm, and while i can cook, i do use too much seasoning at times. so what have you got now?
Hey as long as we can all make jokes I got no problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies