Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 12:04 PM

79,900 posts, read 43,863,085 times

Advertisements

As I said in the past vaccine threads I am not anti vaccine. They have obviously done good but I do question some of the things we do.

The first court award in a vaccine-autism claim is a big one. CBS News has learned the family of Hannah Poling will receive more than $1.5 million dollars for her life care; lost earnings; and pain and suffering for the first year alone.

In addition to the first year, the family will receive more than $500,000 per year to pay for Hannah's care. Those familiar with the case believe the compensation could easily amount to $20 million over the child's lifetime.

Hannah was described as normal, happy and precocious in her first 18 months.

Then, in July 2000, she was vaccinated against nine diseases in one doctor's visit: measles, mumps, rubella, polio, varicella, diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus, and Haemophilus influenzae.

Afterward, her health declined rapidly.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/family-...AGjwGR_dyqrKRY

Old 04-22-2019, 12:27 PM

30,854 posts, read 36,742,603 times
Thank you for at least questioning the wisdom of vaccines for all people all the time. I get tired of people who act as if the science behind them is 100% conclusive.

Old 04-22-2019, 12:32 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,714,327 times
You conveniently left out the detail that she had an undiagnosed mitochondrial condition, and that the vaccines triggered the mitochondrial condition which led to her health decline. The vaccines on their own did not cause autism.

Old 04-22-2019, 12:34 PM

36,960 posts, read 40,898,119 times
Hannah Poling's award was not for autism. It was for encephalopathy.

In the judge's own words:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/the-v...ourt-d_n_88558

"In sum, DVIC has concluded that the facts of this case meet the statutory criteria for demonstrating that the vaccinations CHILD received on July 19, 2000, significantly aggravated an underlying mitochondrial disorder, which predisposed her to deficits in cellular energy metabolism, and manifested as a regressive encephalopathy with features of autism spectrum disorder."

https://leftbrainrightbrain.co.uk/20...ion-of-autism/

"In Poling v. HHS, the presiding special master clarified that the family was compensated because the Respondent conceded that the Poling child had suffered a Table Injury–not because the Respondent or the special master had concluded that any vaccination had contributed to causing or aggravating the child’s ASD."

This link includes, in the comments, a statement from Hannah's mother.

"The vaccine injury had ALREADY been conceded. In addition, and I say this only because it is now public record, the government conceded a table injury. This essentially means that they did not have to determine whether or not the vaccines caused Hannah’s injury but that her case fit into the table."

"The use of the term, 'regressive encephalopathy with features of autistic spectrum disorder' does not state an etiology. That would need to be determined by history and or laboratory tests, etc."

"When Jon and I spoke out regarding our daughter’s case it was to try and shed light on the connection between autism and mitochondrial disorder."

The mitochondrial disorder is the cause, not the vaccines.

Old 04-22-2019, 12:35 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,842,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Hannah Poling's award was not for autism. It was for encephalopathy.

In the judge's own words:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/the-v...ourt-d_n_88558

"In sum, DVIC has concluded that the facts of this case meet the statutory criteria for demonstrating that the vaccinations CHILD received on July 19, 2000, significantly aggravated an underlying mitochondrial disorder, which predisposed her to deficits in cellular energy metabolism, and manifested as a regressive encephalopathy with features of autism spectrum disorder."

https://leftbrainrightbrain.co.uk/20...ion-of-autism/

"In Poling v. HHS, the presiding special master clarified that the family was compensated because the Respondent conceded that the Poling child had suffered a Table Injury–not because the Respondent or the special master had concluded that any vaccination had contributed to causing or aggravating the child’s ASD."

This link includes, in the comments, a statement from Hannah's mother.

"The vaccine injury had ALREADY been conceded. In addition, and I say this only because it is now public record, the government conceded a table injury. This essentially means that they did not have to determine whether or not the vaccines caused Hannah’s injury but that her case fit into the table."

"The use of the term, 'regressive encephalopathy with features of autistic spectrum disorder' does not state an etiology. That would need to be determined by history and or laboratory tests, etc."

"When Jon and I spoke out regarding our daughter’s case it was to try and shed light on the connection between autism and mitochondrial disorder."

The mitochondrial disorder is the cause, not the vaccines.
You believe in mandatory vaccination for all with no medical exemptions.

Old 04-22-2019, 12:39 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,842,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
You conveniently left out the detail that she had an undiagnosed mitochondrial condition, and that the vaccines triggered the mitochondrial condition which led to her health decline. The vaccines on their own did not cause autism.

measles, mumps, rubella, polio, varicella, diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus, and Haemophilus influenzae

Have they added mitochondrial condition to all the PIs of all these vaccines as a reason not to use those vaccines so no other child will be harmed?

Old 04-22-2019, 12:44 PM

36,960 posts, read 40,898,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You believe in mandatory vaccination for all with no medical exemptions.
That is false. I have never said such, you know it, so please do not repeat it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
measles, mumps, rubella, polio, varicella, diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus, and Haemophilus influenzae

Have they added mitochondrial condition to all the PIs of all these vaccines as a reason not to use those vaccines so no other child will be harmed?
Parents of children with mitochondrial disorders vaccinate their children, because the high fevers associated with VPDs can worsen the underlying condition.

http://www.mitoaction.org/guide/vaccinations

"Most patients with mitochondrial disease don't have an immunodeficiency. However the stress of infectious illnesses can be associated with a prolonged period of debilitating weakness and fatigue. Therefore preventive measures to reduce the chance of infections are worthwhile. This can include routine and seasonal vaccinations.

The fever and discomfort associated with inoculations could be difficult for some patients with energy disorders to endure. These can be effectively treated using prophylactic anti-pyretics."

http://www.mitoaction.org/blog/state...ndrial-disease

"Vaccinations are critical in protecting the health of our children. All children, even those with suspected or known mitochondrial diseases, should receive the recommended vaccinations. The risks of these communicable illnesses outweigh the risk of vaccine-related reactions."

A significant percentage of people with autism may have mitochondrial disorders, suggesting the mitochondrial disorder is probably causative.

Last edited by suzy_q2010; 04-22-2019 at 12:54 PM..

Old 04-22-2019, 01:10 PM

79,900 posts, read 43,863,085 times
Quote:
I didn't leave anything out. I can't quote the entire story but it goes along with my original position. I am not anti-vaccine, but I question some of the things we do. Maybe vaccines shouldn't simply be automatic?

Old 04-22-2019, 01:12 PM

2,923 posts, read 967,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
As I said in the past vaccine threads I am not anti vaccine. They have obviously done good but I do question some of the things we do.

The first court award in a vaccine-autism claim is a big one. CBS News has learned the family of Hannah Poling will receive more than $1.5 million dollars for her life care; lost earnings; and pain and suffering for the first year alone.

In addition to the first year, the family will receive more than $500,000 per year to pay for Hannah's care. Those familiar with the case believe the compensation could easily amount to $20 million over the child's lifetime.

Hannah was described as normal, happy and precocious in her first 18 months.

Then, in July 2000, she was vaccinated against nine diseases in one doctor's visit: measles, mumps, rubella, polio, varicella, diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus, and Haemophilus influenzae.

Afterward, her health declined rapidly.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/family-...AGjwGR_dyqrKRY
get your tin foil hat out. there is 0 proof that vaccines cause autism. there is proof that they prevent disease from spreading.

Old 04-22-2019, 01:13 PM

6,279 posts, read 2,821,353 times
Quote:
Also that she probably would have gotten autism anyway.

Quote:
A fever caused by an ear infection or the flu would likely have triggered the autism symptoms if they occurred before or between the ages of 24 and 36 months, he says, which is when classic, regressive autism, which affects one third of sufferers, usually appears.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...ry-case-offer/

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I didn't leave anything out. I can't quote the entire story but it goes along with my original position. I am not anti-vaccine, but I question some of the things we do. Maybe vaccines shouldn't simply be automatic?
This is why I favor a medical exemption for vaccination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies