Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2019, 10:36 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,619,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
Killing a baby isn't about freedom. Taking life away isn't about freedom. It is tyranny.
So a 10 or 11 year old pregnant girl must be forced to give birth even if a doctor advises against it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2019, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
Of course they do. Pro-lifers in general do. I'm living proof of that because a huge reason why I'm depressed is I get NO support to better my life and pro-lifers are partially to blame because they don't want to advocate for those who need help. They'd rather spend their time worrying about the creatures in the womb.
It's understandable I guess because most of them were wanted by both parents. It doesn't make it less aggravating but it explains a lot.
For example, in Oklahoma a mother with child must have no more than $8,000 in income to be eligible for Medicaid.

Old 05-11-2019, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Are there any liberals who would sign up for an abortion procedure on themselves.

No, but then they say anti-abortion laws are ridiculous.

It is analogous to saying laws against slavery are ridiculous.
So you pretty strongly believe a 10 or 11 year old pregnant girl must give birth, even when a doctor advises against it? After all, as you say it's like slavery and we don't do it any more. On the other hand, laws forcing a woman to give birth or else face severe punishment and former pro slavery laws forcing a black person to work without pay, or else, isn't all that much different.

Old 05-11-2019, 02:23 PM

57,215 posts, read 26,166,435 times
Another waste of time in court, the expense should come out of the lawmakers pockets.

Quote:
Federal judge strikes down Kentucky abortion law

By BRUCE SCHREINERMay 11, 2019

FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — A federal judge on Friday struck down a Kentucky abortion law that would halt a common second-trimester procedure to end pregnancies. The state’s anti-abortion governor immediately vowed to appeal.
U.S. District Judge Joseph H. McKinley Jr. ruled that the 2018 law would create a “substantial obstacle” to a woman’s right to an abortion, violating constitutionally protected privacy rights.
Kentucky’s only abortion clinic challenged the law right after it was signed by Republican Gov. Matt Bevin. A consent order had suspended its enforcement pending the outcome of last year’s trial in which Bevin’s legal team and ACLU attorneys argued the case.

https://www.apnews.com/3636bd44d986465bbd5661970b716526

Old 05-11-2019, 02:28 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,934,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
It's only YOU who is saying there is no focus on prevention. You've never heard "Let's make abortion legal, safe, and rare"? No one wants abortion to be common
20% of ALL pregnancies end in abortion. So .... Explain how that "rare" and "uncommon" part is working out for us.

1.5% of all abortions are due to rape/incest. ... so ... discuss.

Old 05-11-2019, 02:50 PM

11,412 posts, read 7,797,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Another waste of time in court, the expense should come out of the lawmakers pockets.

https://www.apnews.com/3636bd44d986465bbd5661970b716526
Good! And I’m sure Georgia’s absurd bill will go the same way. Don’t these states have something else to do other than try and pass these Draconian laws that are always shot down? If I lived in one of them, I’d be p**sed at the waste of my and other taxpayer’s money.

Old 05-11-2019, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
20% of ALL pregnancies end in abortion. So .... Explain how that "rare" and "uncommon" part is working out for us.

1.5% of all abortions are due to rape/incest. ... so ... discuss.
Once again, a woman's unwanted pregnancy is none of my business, unless I'm the father. Perhaps a new thread should be started as to what, if any, rights does the father have to his child when the woman he got pregnant doesn't want to keep the baby.

Old 05-11-2019, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Good! And I’m sure Georgia’s absurd bill will go the same way. Don’t these states have something else to do other than try and pass these Draconian laws that are always shot down? If I lived in one of them, I’d be p**sed at the waste of my and other taxpayer’s money.
Their strategy is to keep passing such laws until one finally makes it to the Supreme Court. In Oklahoma, state legislators got a pay cut as punishment for passing unconstitutional laws and for other poor governing. Other states should do the same.

Old 05-11-2019, 03:37 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,390,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So you pretty strongly believe a 10 or 11 year old pregnant girl must give birth, even when a doctor advises against it? After all, as you say it's like slavery and we don't do it any more. On the other hand, laws forcing a woman to give birth or else face severe punishment and former pro slavery laws forcing a black person to work without pay, or else, isn't all that much different.
I'm pretty sure killing a baby is as bad as slavery and you are looking to justify it.

It is torturing the baby prior to killing it.

Your 11 year old girl scenario is not typical which is why you use it

Old 05-11-2019, 03:45 PM

Quote:
I'm pretty sure killing a baby is as bad as slavery and you are looking to justify it
Banning abortion is comparable to slavery or even worse. You are expecting someone to do something against their free will or else face severe consequences. For instance, the desire to pass a law requiring women to face up to life in prison or even death for getting abortions. Do you think disobedient slaves were treated like that?

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 05-11-2019 at 04:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies