Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2019, 07:09 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,819,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
So all of you "libertarian" and "moderate" Trump voters who chose Trump because you find Hillary "unlikable" and because he "tells it like it is", whatever the f that means.....you think this was a good move now? Emboldening the most reactionary forces in our nation to take action. Brilliant move, dummies.
They wont care because the pretense of being "libertarian" and/or "moderate" was a lie from the get go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2019, 07:15 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,894,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
I believe you are intentionally confusing the word independence post birth with parasitic survival on the mother's body, just as you are conflating clumps of fertilized cells with a baby.
You believe children are parasites? What a skewed view of the world. No wonder you support killing babies.

Old 05-15-2019, 07:16 AM

36,163 posts, read 30,636,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
So all of you "libertarian" and "moderate" Trump voters who chose Trump because you find Hillary "unlikable" and because he "tells it like it is", whatever the f that means.....you think this was a good move now? Emboldening the most reactionary forces in our nation to take action. Brilliant move, dummies.
You think one issue trumps the entire political platform?
Abortion is a state issue and these bans will continue to be challenged in court.

Old 05-15-2019, 07:19 AM

16,872 posts, read 10,528,772 times
Alabama is close to passing an abortion ban. Good for them. But I’m sure some “judge†will “block†the Democratic law. Even the current SCOTUS won’t back a full ban.

Old 05-15-2019, 07:24 AM

1,349 posts, read 660,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
"

Know any babies that are 100% independent at birth? Don't need anyone to care for them, feed them, clothe them, etc.?
They all are.

They sure need to be fed and taken care of, but not from another human body's.

When you find a way for fetuses to be taken care of in the same way, we might have a talk.

Last edited by personne; 05-15-2019 at 07:39 AM..

Old 05-15-2019, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Majority RULES.
In what world ?

If majority truly ruled, Trump would never have been elected.

AND you'd be in a real mess..... women are the majority too, you know?

Majority should not rule if we don't want to live in a world of tyrany, and yes, my view include you and your backway thoughts, you do have a right to think what you do.

Old 05-15-2019, 07:29 AM

11,412 posts, read 7,760,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
That's a lie. There is and never has been any such thing as an abortion on the delivery table.

I think back to all the folks who told me how paranoid I was in the 2016 election for being a 'single issue voter' and worrying about Roe v Wade.

The Republican war on women continues and yes, they do want to take us back to the dark ages. Thank God I have had my kids and will never have to worry about it.
I’m registered Independent (No I did NOT vote for Trump) and have always voted for the person not the party. But, due to the absurdity of these bills, I just became a single issue voter too. That’s all these bills will accomplish. They’ll push those of us who are moderate to vote solely for candidates that support the right to choose.

And I’m far from the only one who feels this way. The attached link shows that moderates, regardless of where they live, support abortion being legal and available.

https://www.pewforum.org/religious-l...logy/moderate/

Old 05-15-2019, 07:35 AM

30,000 posts, read 11,586,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Making anything illegal doesn't stop any activity. People still steal, murder, assault, beat their kids, etc. But it limits it.

No it punishes those who do those things and pulls them off the street so they can't do it again. As the term Crime and Punishment implies. So if you are putting abortion in the same category as beating one's kids or murder then you want to lock women up who have an abortion? Punish them and pull them off the street? That is your solution?

The way I look at it is very different. Things that a large amount of the population believe should be legal, like say using alcohol, cigarettes, marijuana, eating junk food or owning a firearm as well as abortions. Making those sorts of things illegal just creates a black market. Very different than child abuse which is universally considered wrong by just about everyone even the ones who do it.

Old 05-15-2019, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
This is a reaction to the left wing nut jobs who want to allow abortions even as the babies head is crowning. At 10 weeks the embryo becomes a fetus. The fetus is viable outside the womb at about 20 weeks. So what should be the limit to having an abortion? Conception? Heart beat (28 days)? Until it is a fetus? Until it is viable? How can anyone say after the fetus is viable? The Georgia law is 6 weeks, the Alabama law is conception. Can there be any compromise? Who would go along with 10 weeks? That is plenty of time to know you are pregnant.

Stop spreading lies or show us ONE example of a fetus viable at 20 weeks (less than 3 months) ? Please? You might have found a solution after all?

Or are you just spouting numbers out of somewhere I never wish to visit?

Old 05-15-2019, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
No it punishes those who do those things and pulls them off the street so they can't do it again. So if you are putting abortion in the same category as beating one's kids or murder then you want to lock women up who have an abortion? Punish them and pull them off the street?

The way I look at it is very different. Things that a large amount of the population believe should be legal, like say using alcohol, cigarettes, marijuana or owning a firearm as well as abortions. Making those sorts of things illegal just creates a black market. Very different than child abuse which is universally considered wrong by just about everyone even the ones who do it.
Don't worry, she also wants to force a 11yrs old raped child to continue her pregnancy as to "not violate her anymore".

Morals, indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies