Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2019, 01:05 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
Ok whatever... but it doesn't mean the message and information isn't true.

Planned Parenthood is an evil organization.
Quote:
That's weird? Does it have reptile DNA or something?

It's absolutely human.
Nope, a blob that no one can tell is human.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2019, 01:13 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
I’m registered Independent (No I did NOT vote for Trump) and have always voted for the person not the party. But, due to the absurdity of these bills, I just became a single issue voter too. That’s all these bills will accomplish. They’ll push those of us who are moderate to vote solely for candidates that support the right to choose.

And I’m far from the only one who feels this way. The attached link shows that moderates, regardless of where they live, support abortion being legal and available.

https://www.pewforum.org/religious-l...logy/moderate/
Heck, even Fox News shows that while most people describe themselves as 'Pro Life" most people also do NOT want Roe v. Wade overturned.

Of course, this is what the Alabama law is all about. It's believed a 'perfect* case to go before the SCOTUS. Perfect because no exceptions are allowed for rape and incest - and therefore that makes their argument stronger that the fetus is a person. It's hard to say that, I guess, and still agree that it can be aborted in cases of incest. That is why the AL law allows no exceptions except for the life of the mother.

I do believe that many moderates will be angered by this move - designed to strip women of their rights and nothing more.

Old 05-15-2019, 01:16 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Have you read this? The Only Moral Abortion Is My Abortion

Apparently, lots of abortion protesters/"pro-life" ladies are sneaking in to have their own abortions. I wouldn't be surprised if a few of them are in this very forum, posting in the abortion threads.

I've never had one, and I have no children due to infertility. One miscarriage at about 9-10 weeks, the doctor thought, though it had completed by the time I was able to see him.
Under current laws in Alabama - that miscarriage could be investigated and used to charge you with a crime.

Now THAT would be horrible on top of suffering a miscarriage.

Old 05-15-2019, 01:24 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,400,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
Let the individual women decide.

It doesn't matter what causes the unwanted pregnancies, the bottom line is, they are unwanted. Meaning the woman does not want to carry out the pregnancy. Forced parenthood to punish a woman or couple for engaging in sexual activity is not a good idea, especially not for the unwanted offspring.
I flubbed on that point. I should have used "foolish action" for women who are having unprotected sex then get pregnant then have an abortion.

Using a contraceptive during consensual intercourse still has the chance of getting pregnant. Call me harsh, but I think if a woman has consensual sex knowing or should have known full well there is the chance she should get pregnant, shouldn't she carry out whether or not she wants the child? Now, compared to a woman having unprotected sex then getting an abortion vs. having protected sex then getting an abortion, I am more sympathetic with the latter.

Old 05-15-2019, 01:25 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,679 times
Quote:
Not. Even. Close.

Your mental if you think that's what this is.

It's protecting the innocent unborn who have no voice or advocate. That can be ripped from the womb alive limb by limb while and sold off. It's ****ing sick and barbaric. No civilized society should ever tolerate this.

I'm strongly against abortion. The only exceptions I agree need some leniancy are when the mother is at risk or serious health concerns of death to continue the pregnancy or in the case of rape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Why is abortion not ****ing sick and barbaric if that innocent unborn was a product of rape?
Quote:
It still is. I never said it wasn't.

But I also agree that it may be more traumatic for the rape victim to have to continue on. I am compassionate.

I'm balancing the rights of the unborn and the right of a victim
Sorrry, drinkthekoolaid. Nope. You said you are okay with abortion in the case of rape. Why only in those cases? Are the lives of children who were conceived by rape worth less than the lives of children who were willfully conceived?

If preserving the life of the child takes primacy over the desires of the mother — which is what you're saying if you oppose legal abortions — then it shouldn't matter how that life was conceived.

You are judging and making up your own rules and laws.
The right to safe and legal abortion has been the law of the land for more than 45 years, and is a part of the fabric of this country. Roe v. Wade is clearly established precedent, and it shouldn’t be up for debate. Yet opponents of abortion, such as yourself, as you state you are, have made it increasingly difficult for people to access personal medical care.

It needs repeating and repeating: The ability of a woman to have control of her body is critical to civil rights. Take away her reproductive choice and you step onto a slippery slope. If the government can force a woman to continue a pregnancy, what about forcing a woman to use contraception or undergo sterilization?

Old 05-15-2019, 01:28 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Abortion isn't a choice for birth control.

That's the problem. The left thinks it's ok. I think it's immoral and evil. Abortion shouldn't be an "option".

No one cares what you do for your sex life. But that unborn baby should be given the right to live too. They are separate issues.
So you very much want a law passed requiring all pregnant women to give birth? Those that don't would be charged with murder and face up to life in prison, if convicted? In other words, the unborn baby must always rule over the pregnant woman.

Old 05-15-2019, 01:30 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Having an abortion IS taking responsibility, it’s taking personal responsibility.
Well no. Responsibility is in the understanding that killing babies is wrong. Responsibility is not killing someone just because you feel like it.

Abortion? It's horrific. And no amount of posting changes that fact. No amount of demanding that babies must be/need to be killed by claiming "it's the responsible thing to do" will make that statement true.

Personal responsibility is taking precautions. Personal responsibility means treating sex with the respect it deserves. Personal responsibility means understanding that having sex means you might get pregnant.

Personal responsibility means being accountable for your own actions without killing anybody else.

Old 05-15-2019, 01:31 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,284,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Under current laws in Alabama - that miscarriage could be investigated and used to charge you with a crime.

Now THAT would be horrible on top of suffering a miscarriage.

Yup. Sickening. Absolutely sickening.

Old 05-15-2019, 01:31 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I dont feel comfortable having the government dictate policy on ones reproductive options.
I don't blame you. Granting the government power to ban all abortions could end up giving the government the idea it also possesses the power to require some women to get abortions.

Old 05-15-2019, 01:32 PM

2,899 posts, read 1,869,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Nope, a blob that no one can tell is human.
Completely disagree. When you see a 3d sonogram of your unborn child you would disagree too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies