Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2019, 12:25 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
Not. Even. Close.

Your mental if you think that's what this is.

It's protecting the innocent unborn who have no voice or advocate. That can be ripped from the womb alive limb by limb while and sold off. It's ****ing sick and barbaric. No civilized society should ever tolerate this.

I'm strongly against abortion. The only exceptions I agree need some leniancy are when the mother is at risk or serious health concerns of death to continue the pregnancy or in the case of rape.
And in your kind of world, you would certainly wish as much as death upon women caused by getting illegal, botched abortions. RIGHT? If so, so much for being pro life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2019, 12:27 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,283,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Women have TONS of choices with approach to sex and pregnancy:
Abstinence
Birth control
Motherhood
Adoption

Women have TONS of choices with approach to birth control
Pills
Rings
IUDs
Implants
Injectables
Condoms
Sponges
Foam
Surgery

So .. how are women being punished? They can have sex 12 times a day. With 12 different men. Go for it if that's your thing.

Just use BC. Use 2 methods. Protect yourself. Don't be an idiot. 50% of ALL abortions are because the women used NO METHOD OF BIRTH CONTROL.

You can throw a rock and hit a store that sells condoms. Stop portraying women as idiotic victims.

Birth control fails.

Quote:
Assuming typical male condom use by a heterosexual couple, the number of women projected to experience an unplanned pregnancy over a period of ten years is about 86 out of 100. Eighty-six percent! Compare that to the 92% of women projected to have an unplanned pregnancy over the same time period relying only on the withdrawal – or "pull out" – method. (Condoms, of course, provide protection against STDs that the withdrawal method does not, so I hesitate to draw the comparison, but that's a difference of just 6% over ten years.

Old 04-29-2019, 12:31 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlando-calrissian View Post
If the right cared about unborn children, they'd approve better sex education in schools. Telling horny teens abstinence is the way is a failed idea. Provide them and poor communities with condoms and plan B and abortion rates would plummet.
So very true. That's why I have no respect for people who want abortion banned. They also want certain contraceptives banned, if not all of them. And then many pro-life women when they find the tables are turned on them and find they are pregnant will go get an abortion. Why should I respect such women? The blood of hypocrisy is on their shameless hands. But then in being pro-choice, I would be advocating for them to continue to have a safe, legal and regulated place to go to for abortions.

Old 04-29-2019, 12:49 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Your point?

50% of all abortions are because NO birth control was used.
20% of ALL pregnancies end in abortion.
40% of all unintended pregnancies end in abortion.

How about we stop making excuses and START USING BC. See how dramatically the abortion rate drops.

Stop demanding abortion and start demanding that women start using BC and do not have sex with any man who refuses to wear a condom.

Just a suggestion [enter 254 posts about how women should not be responsible for their own BC].

Old 04-29-2019, 01:11 PM

36,519 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Your point?

50% of all abortions are because NO birth control was used.
20% of ALL pregnancies end in abortion.
40% of all unintended pregnancies end in abortion.

How about we stop making excuses and START USING BC. See how dramatically the abortion rate drops.

Stop demanding abortion and start demanding that women start using BC and do not have sex with any man who refuses to wear a condom.

Just a suggestion [enter 254 posts about how women should not be responsible for their own BC].
Lets stop demanding medical treatment and start demanding that people do not smoke, do not eat junk food, do not get fat, do not drink, do not engage in dangerous activities. Stop making excuses for cancer, obesity, diabetes, addiction and "accidents".

Lets just demand no one have sex outside of marriage. No one have sex if they cant afford a child.

Lets see how far all these demands get us. I bet if we demand the abortion rate will drop to 0. And the need for government assistance will also drop to 0.

Old 04-29-2019, 01:30 PM

2,898 posts, read 1,867,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
And in your kind of world, you would certainly wish as much as death upon women caused by getting illegal, botched abortions. RIGHT? If so, so much for being pro life.
You have a logical fallacy there.

Wanting to protect the vulnerable unborn who cannot stick up for themselves and have no advocate for their interests is a different conversation from what my opinion of the murderous would be mother is. It's apples to oranges.

It's also not my place to judge others. I have my opinions but it's not for me to judge or decide. In fact I pray for their forgiveness and to have a compassionate awakening and change of heart.

Old 04-29-2019, 01:31 PM

2,898 posts, read 1,867,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Lets stop demanding medical treatment and start demanding that people do not smoke, do not eat junk food, do not get fat, do not drink, do not engage in dangerous activities. Stop making excuses for cancer, obesity, diabetes, addiction and "accidents".

Lets just demand no one have sex outside of marriage. No one have sex if they cant afford a child.

Lets see how far all these demands get us. I bet if we demand the abortion rate will drop to 0. And the need for government assistance will also drop to 0.

You can't make the comparison of abortion to routine medical care. That's preposterous.

Old 04-29-2019, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post

Do any of the above actions result in the death of a baby? No.

When 50% of abortions are performed because women used NO birth control ... there's a problem.

Stop demanding abortions and start SOLVING THE PROBLEM of unintended pregnancies.

Which means women MUST be responsible for making sure they and their partners use BC.

Old 04-29-2019, 01:45 PM

It never ceases to amaze me that when I point out that 50% of abortions are because women used NO birth control AT ALL ...

The response is always "we need abortions" rather than "yeah having sex without birth control is absolutely ridiculous and SHAME on those women for not protecting themselves."

Old 04-29-2019, 02:00 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times
Quote:
When 50% of abortions are performed because women used NO birth control ... there's a problem.
Stop demanding abortions and start SOLVING THE PROBLEM of unintended pregnancies.
Which means women MUST be responsible for making sure they and their partners use BC.
Make vasectomies and tubal ligations cheaper and easily available with no age limits
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies