Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2019, 02:05 PM

2,898 posts, read 1,863,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Make vasectomies and tubal ligations cheaper and easily available with no age limits
I don't think there is an age limit. And good on guys for getting one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2019, 02:05 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,934,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Make vasectomies and tubal ligations cheaper and easily available with no age limits
No excuse for not using BC. Readily available everywhere.

Old 04-29-2019, 02:23 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
I don't think there is an age limit. And good on guys for getting one.
This is why people like you should not be able to pass judgement on women who seek abortions.....you don't know all the facts.

It is VERY difficult for young women, with or without children, to find a doctor willing to sterilize them.

Google it.

What is needed is a law forcing doctors to provide sterilization to women upon demand at the age of 18.

Old 04-29-2019, 02:28 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

The least effective forms of contraception. But why would you want to point that out?

The most effective forms of contraception require a doctor's assistance......and seeing a doctor isn't always always easy or affordable.

Pro-lifer's answer to that: "Let's shut down Planned Parenthoods."

Old 04-29-2019, 02:37 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,898,350 times
Try the real story on why late term abortions may be necessary. Most are done because the fetus is not viable or the mother's life is at risk and it is a difficult thing for the parents.

Trump's tweet that this was a reaction to:

Quote:
"The baby is born, the mother meets w/the doctor. They take care of the baby. They wrap the baby beautifully. Then the doctor and mother determine whether or not they will execute the baby."
From an NICU Nurse

https://twitter.com/VotePulver/statu...690484737?s=20

Quote:
As a NICU nurse, I served on the “Bereavement Team.†We were a special team of Nurses tough enough to help new parents go through the worst day of their lives. Parents of babies who had fought so hard for their tiny little lives and weren’t going to make it. And parents of babies who, after they were born, and wouldn’t have their moms body keeping them alive, would die rather quickly. As these small bodies were failing, it was our job to be there with the parents at every step, give them support, and do our best to make some Memories of their precious babies that could help easy their impending and overwhelming grief. When heroic measures failed or a baby without a brain or working lungs or heart was born, we knew the end was near, and we encouraged the parents to be present in these finals moments. I cried until my throat burned for this family who has just had to endure the unthinkable. We were in the moment with those families. We took pictures, even for the ones who were too traumatized to think they’d ever want to see them, just in case they did. We made footprints. We put a lock of hair into a ribbon. We measured the babies length and marked it on a tape measure. We made special tiny white gowns and hats for our angels. We created a memory box for these families who were losing their child that day. So yes, there are those in hospitals who are around infants who pass: they are the Bereavement Teams & they provide the equivalent of neonatal hospice to families who are living through absolute Hell. Babies and children die, it’s a sad part of life. But no one, absolutely NO ONE ever, in any hospital, nor any mother who has just given birth, is conspiring with a doctor on whether or not to commit infanticide. This is perhaps one of the sickest accusations levied by this deranged dictator (Trump) yet. Don’t believe a word he says about anything important

Old 04-29-2019, 03:08 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,279,445 times
Quote:
Your point?

50% of all abortions are because NO birth control was used.
20% of ALL pregnancies end in abortion.
40% of all unintended pregnancies end in abortion.

How about we stop making excuses and START USING BC. See how dramatically the abortion rate drops.

Stop demanding abortion and start demanding that women start using BC and do not have sex with any man who refuses to wear a condom.

Just a suggestion [enter 254 posts about how women should not be responsible for their own BC].

What about the other 50%?

Old 04-29-2019, 03:10 PM

Quote:
It never ceases to amaze me that when I point out that 50% of abortions are because women used NO birth control AT ALL ...

The response is always "we need abortions" rather than "yeah having sex without birth control is absolutely ridiculous and SHAME on those women for not protecting themselves."

What about that other 50% who ARE using birth control? How will you demonize them?

Old 04-29-2019, 03:12 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,934,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
What about that other 50% who ARE using birth control? How will you demonize them?
Are you saying that abortions re OK if you don't use BC? Is that your reaction?

How about: SHAME on those women who REFUSE to use birth control and then kill their babies.

Old 04-29-2019, 03:12 PM

1,065 posts, read 596,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
Nice try with false logic.

I'm certainly pro life anti choice. But I think in a few rare circumstances (rape for example) it's regrettably acceptable as an option.

I am compassionate. I care about the unborn. However I also care about a woman who is an actual victim and is now pregnant from a sexual assault. That is an extreme circumstance.
The reason why you're pro-choice is that it does not align with pro-life logic. Their belief is that all pregnancies are potential humans -even including first trimester pregnancies. So in other words, those innocent unborn with no voice or advocate that you spoke of earlier should actually include those conceived of rape.

But because you're okay they are aborted, then your viewpoint is pro-choice. As an aside, abortion for the circumstances you mentioned is one of the major reasons, people are pro-choice.

Old 04-29-2019, 03:15 PM

Quote:

You mean the one with an 86% failure rate over 10 years of use? That BC?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies