Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2019, 06:31 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
oh this is the guy whose Mom had an abortion in Siberia -- yeah I remember that story.

I wouldn't want any medical procedure from Siberia.

You watch Call the MidWife this season -- the whole series. PBS carries it.

Remarkable candid portrayal of life in the 60's in London -- and the Christian nuns & nurses who cared for the folks in the community.

It's an eye opener.
Love that show!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2019, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
OK, then. Who do you believe is impacted by abortion other then the women choosing to get one?
Definitely the fetus because it is killed and will never become a person. Of course we know given our current abilities that it has no consciousnesses or self awareness as we know it. Depending on the individual there could be a husband, boyfriend, one night stand that is negatively or positively impacted. And it is possible the family of the woman can be impacted.

Old 04-25-2019, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Suggest you read it again and pay particular attention to the word "or".
I got the word or. Or the fetus is not viable or the womans health or life is at risk. Still it has to be a physician past 24 weeks. At the cost of 15K and the type procedure a woman will seek a physician. The existing law states a legal abortion can not be preformed post 24 weeks unless the fetus is non viable or there is risk to the womans health or life.

Still waiting for you to list the abortion clinics that preform late term abortions with no physicians.

Old 04-25-2019, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
10-20%.....that's a lot considering pro-lifers scream and whine about 1.3% when it suits them, right?

So, in all good conscience, you can't say an abortion is ending the life of a "baby"......because there is a 10-20% chance an actual baby may never happen regardless.

.........and that fact takes us back to the realm of POTENTIAL and the fact that no one can prove an abortion stopped the completion of a viable fetus/pregnancy....a baby.

In legal terms..... that is reasonable doubt.
I also read research is being done indicating that 10-20% is much higher, even 50% because often a woman miscarries and never even knows.

Old 04-25-2019, 06:57 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
We have no idea how frequently abortions happened in ancient times. No records were kept only accounts given.
I never said anything about thousands and thousands. That idea is in your head.

If abortions are rare anomalies why are you so concerned about them?
Abortions used to be rare. Today? Not so much. That whole safe legal and rare soundbite? False.

From 2014:
Percent of ALL pregnancies that end in abortion? 19%
Percent of unintended pregnancies that end in abortion (excluding miscarriages)? 40%

https://www.guttmacher.org/fact-shee...-united-states

People who say abortions are rare today are either lying or misinformed.

PS. And if you try to discredit the source of the stats: The stats were taken from the Guttmacher Institute, an organization that has direct ties to PP. Guttmacher was PRESIDENT of Planned Parenthood for more than a decade.

Old 04-25-2019, 07:25 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
I also read research is being done indicating that 10-20% is much higher, even 50% because often a woman miscarries and never even knows.
So all other people live forever? No nonaborted people ever die? Huh. Didn't know that.

So another reason to abort: Because the baby was going to die anyway.

Do people even hear themselves anymore?

Old 04-25-2019, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Abortions used to be rare. Today? Not so much. That whole safe legal and rare soundbite? False.

From 2014:
Percent of ALL pregnancies that end in abortion? 19%
Percent of unintended pregnancies that end in abortion (excluding miscarriages)? 40%

https://www.guttmacher.org/fact-shee...-united-states

People who say abortions are rare today are either lying or misinformed.

PS. And if you try to discredit the source of the stats: The stats were taken from the Guttmacher Institute, an organization that has direct ties to PP. Guttmacher was PRESIDENT of Planned Parenthood for more than a decade.
You have no idea how often abortions were preformed or attempted in ancient times and little knowledge before abortions were legal because no accurate records were kept.

You are the one that said abortions were rare anomalies. I never comment on the number of abortions. Russia had a back and forth on the legalities of abortion (relevant because the subject of this thread was born in Russia) and determined that making abortion illegal did not decrease the number of abortions or attempted abortion only increased the number of deaths and mutilations.

You said "Women used to value life. They have been brainwashed not to." I assume that is in regards to abortion. But as I stated records of abortion go back to ancient times, biblical times. So at what point did women value life and at what point have they been brainwashed not to if abortion has been going on since recorded time?

Old 04-25-2019, 07:41 AM

Quote:
So all other people live forever? No nonaborted people ever die? Huh. Didn't know that.
Me either. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Quote:

I wonder that too.

Old 04-25-2019, 07:46 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:

Once again you have missed the point.

You don't get to point your finger at women who have had an abortion and accuse them of killing a "baby" because you don't know that for a FACT.

The pregnancy may not have been viable in the first place and there would never have been a baby.

Reasonable doubt.

You can't say xxx amount of "babies" were killed since Roe v Wade because 10-20-50% of those pregnancies would not have ended with a baby. 10-20-50% of the time the only thing aborted was a miscarriage.

Old 04-25-2019, 07:53 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,523,517 times
Quote:
I got the word or. Or the fetus is not viable or the womans health or life is at risk. Still it has to be a physician past 24 weeks. At the cost of 15K and the type procedure a woman will seek a physician. The existing law states a legal abortion can not be preformed post 24 weeks unless the fetus is non viable or there is risk to the womans health or life.

Still waiting for you to list the abortion clinics that preform late term abortions with no physicians.
No it doesnt require a physician, ever. Re-read the legislation. It is very clear.

And again, "health" is interpreted by the SC with an exceptionally broad definition. Anything can fit into it.

Why would I list abortion clinics. I'm talking about the law. If no one does it, why was the law change required?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies