Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2019, 07:49 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I will tell you why I have focused on America's role in slavery. I live here. My ancestors didn't have a say in whether or not they wanted to come to America. What happened to Black people in America was in fact a real injustice and one of the greatest crimes in human history outside of genocide. The only reason modern day slavery is being brought up is to gaslight Black Americans for having a sense of what was done to them. It is an attempt to get someone like me to shut up. I refuse to shut up. Don't like it? Too bad. What is going on in Libya is a travesty and I'm willing to talk about it. However, if the only reason someone wants to talk about it is to gloss over what happened in THIS COUNTRY, said person can move along and go somewhere else.
Do you feel the same way about slavery, and the slave trade that once existed in Brazil? After all, Brazil imported far more slaves (around 4 million) than America (about 350,000), and slavery latest longer as well.

By the way, you should be thankful for all the American soldiers (mostly white) who fought, and sometimes died to free the slaves, but I doubt that has ever crossed your mind. African Americans were not the only people to live through slavery. It's happened all over the world, to many different peoples. You can be angry about it if you want, but others have found a way to move on. Should not be hard to do when the problem was corrected over 100 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
You hit the nail on the head. If blacks in this country really cared about slavery period, why aren't they making a big deal out of this, when they pizzed and moaned about apartheid in South Africa years ago until it went away. Apatheid was bad but not as bad as slavery. I guess because it is blacks selling blacks it is OK.
It was blacks selling blacks 200 years ago, but some dems are demanding reparations to be paid by modern day tax payers (largely white) in America. Where's the logic? There is none. Some people just want free chit, and some people want to promise free chit in exchange for votes. It's shameless and has no merit, but that's the democratic party for ya.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2019, 08:14 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
The rise of Islam in nations that were otherwise once somewhat civilized is what brought this about. But that is something that will never be discussed on the MSM.

Old 04-27-2019, 08:18 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Well I hope that we can agree on one thing. Obama and Hillary Clinton helped to create today's Libya. This is why the USA needs to mind our own business.

Old 04-27-2019, 08:21 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,465,808 times
The last Libyan leader that was doing good things for the people was assassinated, like most "3rd world" leaders working for their people and not western interests. Assassinations are messages to any leader who tries the same thing. Most (at this point, probably "all") African leaders are puppets.

Old 04-27-2019, 09:17 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
You have every right to focus on America's role in slavery just as others have every right to focus
on the Jews who suffered genocide under the Nazis,Europeans who suffered under the Roman Empire and
Native Indians who suffered at the hand of the Spaniards. I wish all well and hope all your contributions
are not in vain but instead go towards making this an even greater country.
God bless the United States of America.
This Passover, Teach Your Children About Modern-Day Slavery

"Though we may dress it up as “human trafficking,” America is home to 400,000 slaves."

We have a Trump in the WH, that man would be going --- I don't think so.

Hundreds rescued from slavery in Libya are coming to Canada, immigration minister says
"Canada was 'one of the few countries' to respond to a request from the UN refugee agency in 2017, Ahmed Hussen said Wednesday"

Old 04-27-2019, 10:04 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Easier to focus on the US role in slavery from 170 years ago, as concerning one's self with actual slavery and active injustices would be too risky.

It's easy to be a "brave radical" in a safe environment. The odd thing is that protesting from the comfort of one's recliner is done in an environment in which stronger individuals previously risked everything to achieve that priveledge and safety.

I wonder why libs don't go to Libya and stop it?

What are you talkin about the focus is on slavery in Libya Africa and nothing else....

Old 04-27-2019, 10:10 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
You hit the nail on the head. If blacks in this country really cared about slavery period, why aren't they making a big deal out of this, when they pizzed and moaned about apartheid in South Africa years ago until it went away. Apatheid was bad but not as bad as slavery. I guess because it is blacks selling blacks it is OK.
The whole civilized World agreed that apartheid was as bad as slavery , another point that I would like to make is that this is not blacks enslaving other blacks it's a Arabic Asian Asiatic race enslaving the black race.

Old 04-27-2019, 10:45 PM

31,050 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
The last Libyan leader that was doing good things for the people was assassinated, like most "3rd world" leaders working for their people and not western interests. Assassinations are messages to any leader who tries the same thing. Most (at this point, probably "all") African leaders are puppets.
Yep, Obama backed the killing of Ghadafi, then the country turned into the biggest S-hole in North Africa!

Old 04-27-2019, 10:50 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,146,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
What is the African Union doing About it?

What all unions would do. Try to get it up to $500
Bernie would offer free slaves for all.

Oh, wait. He already did. They're called tax payers.

Old 04-28-2019, 07:04 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Bernie would offer free slaves for all.

Oh, wait. He already did. They're called tax payers.
I know that Bernie is old, but I don't think he is 106 ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies