Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2019, 03:49 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
This is the best news I have heard in....well, maybe a day!

Texas and Florida will now get far less in Federal money....they might even lose a House Seat or two!!

If they were going to allocate those House seats and EC votes based on the legal population one estimate has California losing 5, TX 2, FL 1, WA 1 and NY 1. Same study suggest those seats would be reallocated to the following states*: Iowa, Indiana, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma and Pennsylvania.

All of them voted for Trump last election. In the 2016 election Trumps margin of victory would expand by 14 EC votes.

*If your state is on this list you have likely been robbed of a House Rep and the EC vote that goes with it.

Old 04-24-2019, 03:55 AM

11,768 posts, read 5,781,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
This is the best news I have heard in....well, maybe a day!

Texas and Florida will now get far less in Federal money....they might even lose a House Seat or two!!

MAGA......

"There’s no doubt that people will respond less. That’s been proven in study after study."

Less response = less money (an undercount and all Federal monies and representative is based on souls....NOT citizens)....

I'm going to drink to this one! I'm not sure the State of Texas would want to celebrate tho....
girlfriend - your blue states of NY and Cal are the ones that will suffer. I don't understand how the left is so blinded and never think of the repercussions to their own party?

Old 04-24-2019, 04:03 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The Supreme Court heard arguments today about asking on the 2020 census whether people are citizens or not. The Justices were apparently very comfortable with the idea, according to various reports.

Here is another report from Nina Totenberg

https://twitter.com/NinaTotenberg/st...14866627575813
Trump is about to win again.
Common sense (remember that one)….is about to win again.
Liberal heads are about explode again. LOL

Old 04-24-2019, 04:23 AM

17,605 posts, read 6,894,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
If they were going to allocate those House seats and EC votes based on the legal population one estimate has California losing 5, TX 2, FL 1, WA 1 and NY 1. Same study suggest those seats would be reallocated to the following states*: Iowa, Indiana, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma and Pennsylvania.

All of them voted for Trump last election. In the 2016 election Trumps margin of victory would expand by 14 EC votes.

*If your state is on this list you have likely been robbed of a House Rep and the EC vote that goes with it.
Yup.

Craigiri's partisan spin is laughable. He chortles snidely about TX and FL losing representation while declining to mention that the biggest loser would be the deep blue land of fruits and nuts, CA.

Old 04-24-2019, 04:55 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
All of these things are complete non-issues. If you're grasping at straws, looking for a criticism of the question being added to the census, it is this. No one with an IQ above 85 would answer the question honestly.

You're literally making a list of the Home Address of every illegal-immigrant in the entire country. I wonder what Trump can do with that information.
The fine for not filling out the census is much smaller than filling it out incorrectly, so most would just not fill it out at all assuming Trump would use it against them.

Old 04-24-2019, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
I'm not suggesting either is "right", just that its as illogical to use people counts for apportionment, when you may have a voting district with 5M people and 20 voters (hypothetical extreme), as it would be to apportion by citizen count if any resident may vote for example a voting district with 100,000 citizens and 10M residents.
The few represent the many, and when measuring the size of the police force (for example), you would want to measure it based on the total population, not just the 20, or else you'd end up with one cop and one judge in a city of 5 million (in your example).

Old 04-24-2019, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
girlfriend - your blue states of NY and Cal are the ones that will suffer. I don't understand how the left is so blinded and never think of the repercussions to their own party?
Suffer....Ok, now I understand the motivation behind this whole thing. Trump is all about making certain States suffer.

Old 04-24-2019, 05:08 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Suffer....Ok, now I understand the motivation behind this whole thing. Trump is all about making certain States suffer.
The very states who won't cooperate with his government. Namely: California. You reap what you sow. California deserves NOTHING from the feds.

Old 04-24-2019, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
The very states who won't cooperate with his government. Namely: California. You reap what you sow. California deserves NOTHING from the feds.
That's why they call Trump 'the president of his people' aka his base, not the 'president of the people'.

He collects money from everyone, and then tells some that they don't deserve any of the services they paid for because they dont like him.

I wish one day we'll have a president who will be the president of all American people.

Old 04-24-2019, 05:14 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,271,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The few represent the many, and when measuring the size of the police force (for example), you would want to measure it based on the total population, not just the 20, or else you'd end up with one cop and one judge in a city of 5 million (in your example).
Agreed, but what has that to do with voting apportionment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies