Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2019, 08:53 AM

3,087 posts, read 3,207,012 times

Advertisements

The ADOS movement is something isn't it? It started to distinguish black descendants of slaves from foreign black people. I get it. There's some truth to the movement, such as foreign blacks wanting to jump on the struggle that ADOS endured and only wanting to unite when it's convenient for them (some nationalities more than others). That said, my critique of this movement comes is the same for most other "pro-black" movements. The minute you disagree with them about anything (it could be something as minor as the color of the sky), you are a "sell out." Like most movements of this sort, they get hijacked.

Where do you stand on this movement?

How do you feel about reparations?

Have you faced discrimination from Black immigrants as an ADOS individual?

Do you think that there's some legitimacy to this movement or do you feel that this is just another divide and conquer tactic?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Old 04-24-2019, 08:59 AM

62,613 posts, read 28,801,743 times
Reparations are just plain stupid! None of us alive today had anything to do with a long ago past. Next the Ameridians will be seeking reparations for some supposed stolen land and the Mexicans for the same reasons. The past is over, wars were fought and lands have exchanged hands throughout history. Get over it!

Old 04-24-2019, 09:02 AM

317 posts, read 494,145 times
Well I'm the descendant of a holocaust survivor, but do I think I deserve any type of reparations? HELL NO!!! I have no interest in pretending to be a victim so that I can leach off of society. Everybody that supports reparations should be ashamed of themselves.

Old 04-24-2019, 09:05 AM

3,978 posts, read 1,973,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
The ADOS movement is something isn't it? It started to distinguish black descendants of slaves from foreign black people. I get it. There's some truth to the movement, such as foreign blacks wanting to jump on the struggle that ADOS endured and only wanting to unite when it's convenient for them (some nationalities more than others). That said, my critique of this movement comes is the same for most other "pro-black" movements. The minute you disagree with them about anything (it could be something as minor as the color of the sky), you are a "sell out." Like most movements of this sort, they get hijacked.

Do you think that there's some legitimacy to this movement or do you feel that this is just another divide and conquer tactic?

What does ADOS mean?

Old 04-24-2019, 09:05 AM

5,927 posts, read 2,181,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Reparations are just plain stupid! None of us alive today had anything to do with a long ago past. Next the Ameridians will be seeking reparations for some supposed stolen land and the Mexicans for the same reasons. The past is over, wars were fought and lands have exchanged hands throughout history. Get over it!
It’s not about the “People” that the argument for reputations is made against, its tot he federal goverment. I do believe that if a case was brought against the Fedral goverment for turning a blind eye to Jim Crow laws that the plaintiff would win and the payout would be huge.

Again we are talking about Federally Sanctioned acts that directly targeted a subsection of the American population via race alone with ramifications to that very community today. You can imagine how large of a number we are talking here, literally 1865-1960’s.

Surely someone who claims to hate goverment tyranny would understand a argument that directly points to federal policy that allowed discrimination on race alone.

Old 04-24-2019, 09:08 AM

2,893 posts, read 1,824,480 times
Repirations are stupid.

No one alive today had anything remotely to do with it.

Stop trying to make people into victims. No one owes anyone anything.

I like this guys take. Makes a lot of sense and entertaining too.

https://youtu.be/bVS52zoTLjo

https://youtu.be/bVS52zoTLjo

Old 04-24-2019, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
What does ADOS mean?
American Descendants of Slaves

Old 04-24-2019, 09:33 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,378,977 times
Not a fan of reparations. Person A should not be atoning for the sins of what their great-great-great-grandparents did to the great-great-great-grandparents of Person B. Also, with all the resources that non-White people have been given over the last 150 years, ADoS have gotten reparations of sorts.

Old 04-24-2019, 09:37 AM

2,923 posts, read 970,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post

There have been several threads recently about this. 'Indentured Servant' is probably the most notable pro-black poster on this forum. I'm sure he will pipe in his .02 on this.

Imo, the only reparations the govt should offer is a free one way ticket back to Liberia.

I am .3% Nigerian fwiw

Old 04-24-2019, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
There have been several threads recently about this. 'Indentured Servant' is probably the notable pro-black poster on this forum. I'm sure he will pipe in his .02 on this.

Imo, the only reparations the govt should offer is a free one way ticket back to Liberia.

I am .3% Nigerian fwiw
Why Liberia?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies