Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 07:22 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
DO libs live in a world of fantasy and just mull over alternate histories? The past is gone- let it go.

The only "clown car" is the freak wagon that hauls around the dem hopefuls. It is just a joke, however, as the delegates are already cast for Joe Biden and the other "candidates" are there just to float crazy far left trial balloons to satisfy the base.

They wont let crazy Joe advocate medicare for all, free college, or slavery reparations. That job is for the "candidates" that will not receive the nomination.
You were so busy trying to attack the left you didnt even realize the person who started the thread isnt a Democrat or a liberal, but is in fact, right of center and supports republicans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2019, 07:24 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I knew it. A day later and no responses to this question of what stand out Republicans would be lining up to challenge Hillary in 2020 if she had won in 2016. I think we are having a tough time coming up with names because there really is no stand out Republicans today.

What do you think?
I dont think either side has any truly national figures at the moment. Elizabeth Warren was the closest to it, well her and Biden. Others have tried, going state to state campaigning for candidates.

I cant think of anyone on the Republican side with the exception of Rand Paul.

Old 04-26-2019, 07:33 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,309,027 times
i think John Kasich would definitely throw his hat in the ring again, but like Jeb Bush or Hillary on the other side, he is one of those people who just can't understand or accept that people don't warm up to him. Being Governor of Ohio was a big gig, I think he's done but I doubt if he does.

Old 04-26-2019, 07:36 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,575,619 times
The usual suspects like Rubio, Cruz, maybe Lindsay Graham. A few would come out of the woodwork. They would have a chance as Hillary's first term would have been an utter disaster, and embarrassment. Our economy would be in the toilet, we would have high unemployment high taxes, and be trying to appease both allies and enemies with BRIBES, just like Obama did with Iran. Our standard of living would tank.

Old 04-26-2019, 07:41 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Quote:
If Hillary had won in 2016 what Republicans do you think would be gearing up right now to board the clown car for a run at the WH ?

In 2016 it seemed that Rubio and Cruz were the runners up to Trump so maybe they would give it another go? How about JEB! or is he all washed up? JEB! would give the media the battle they wanted in 2016 with a Clinton and a Bush going at it in debates. How about the wishy washy Paul Ryan, he is not too busy right now?

Are there any Republicans that would actually have a chance against Hillary if she had won?

I can't think of any.
i will be honest here. I read your post just now (for the first time) and my initial reaction was to thank God this isn't reality. I would vote for the dog poop on the bottom of a homeless drug addicts foot before I would be ok with that horrible person being president.

thank you God, thank you God, thank you God.

also

Thank you God.

having said that, there are still a number of really great people in the Republican party that could run and do well.

Nikki Hailey (will absolutely run in 2024)
Ted Cruz
Mike Pence
Matt Bevin
Lindsey Graham (seriously his stock is rising)
Mike Lee
Tim Scott
Ron DeSantis (watch this guy)
Marsha Blackburn (needs to do some work maybe run for Gov. )

its a strong list of very serious people who are all grownups.

Old 04-26-2019, 07:47 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
If Hillary had won in 2016 what Republicans would be lining up to Run?

Smith & Wesson.

Old 04-26-2019, 08:00 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,014,125 times
Corker might've. He would've remained in the Senate.

Old 04-26-2019, 08:16 AM

2,923 posts, read 977,841 times
Not McCain thank god.

Kasich if you want to consider him a Republican.

I would like to see Adam Kinzinger move up the ranks of the party. Young, sharp looking guy. Air force vet. Solid conservative positions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Kinzinger

Old 04-26-2019, 08:19 AM

2,923 posts, read 977,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
i will be honest here. I read your post just now (for the first time) and my initial reaction was to thank God this isn't reality. I would vote for the dog poop on the bottom of a homeless drug addicts foot before I would be ok with that horrible person being president.

thank you God, thank you God, thank you God.

also

Thank you God.

having said that, there are still a number of really great people in the Republican party that could run and do well.

Ted Cruz
Mike Pence
Matt Bevin
Mike Lee
Tim Scott

its a strong list of very serious people who are all grownups.
some good names there. I like Tim Scott.

Old 04-26-2019, 08:29 AM

5,278 posts, read 6,211,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

Ted Cruz
Mike Pence
Matt Bevin
Mike Lee
Tim Scott
No way three people from SC all run for President. I think Haley will give it a try but Graham's Kavanagh tantrum is really the only thing still keeping him afloat with R voters in the state. Tim Scott has never had the grandstanding nature of either Haley or Graham so I doubt he would want to go through a Presidential election. Both he and Graham are single which seems to be an added hurdle.

Of the Floridian's I would predict both Senators- Rubio and Scott- give it a try. I really doubt DeSantis would.

If Cruz does run it will mean he is vacating that Senate seat since it is also up in 2024. He barely won last year and trying to move up might not be endearing to his constituents.

To be honest I imagine the eventual 2024 nominee is not receiving serious consideration at the moment. Six years is a long time and plenty of people will rise or fall in the interim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies