Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2019, 10:44 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Thanks for your opinion.
My opinion is your solution (buy condoms or refrain from sex) promotes the need for abortion, just like preaching abstinence. It is proven not to be effective in preventing unwanted pregnancy.
The idea of castration is just asinine.
I think the better solution is to provide more and better sex education, make birth control (all forms) available, cheap or free and increase safe sex by expanding choices for male contraception.
With all these choices to prevent pregnancy, why are 50% of all abortions in women who used NO form of BC? Do they not understand that sex makes babies?

Men's choices
Abstinence
Condom
Vasectomy
Fatherhood
Adoption

Women's choices
Abstinence
Condom
Pills
Implants
Patch
Ring
Injectables
Foam
Sponge
Hysterectomy
Motherhood
Adoption

19% of all pregnancies end in abortion
40% of all unintended pregnancies (miscarriages excluded) end in abortion

https://www.guttmacher.org/fact-shee...-united-states

Abortion isn't rare. It happens All. The. Time. Mostly because women are irresponsible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2019, 10:50 AM

36,498 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
With all these choices to prevent pregnancy, why are 50% of all abortions in women who used NO form of BC? Do they not understand that sex makes babies?

Men's choices
Abstinence
Condom
Vasectomy
Fatherhood
Adoption

Women's choices
Abstinence
Condom
Pills
Implants
Patch
Ring
Injectables
Foam
Sponge
Hysterectomy
Motherhood
Adoption

Abortion isn't rare. It happens All. The. Time. Mostly because women are irresponsible.
Isnt that reason to try to do more instead of telling all women of all ages, economic status, geographic location and intelligence/maturity levels to use 2 forms of bc every single time and tell men their only choice is to rely on a condom. Because, as I said, that method is not working evidenced by 19% abortion rate.

Old 04-25-2019, 10:52 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
It's not my business in general how women have sex, but it seems that schools need to do a lot better job teaching sex education, including the various means of birth control. Teaching abstinence only doesn't work well in preventing abortions, especially after getting married.

Old 04-25-2019, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Isnt that reason to try to do more instead of telling all women of all ages, economic status, geographic location and intelligence/maturity levels to use 2 forms of bc every single time and tell men their only choice is to rely on a condom. Because, as I said, that method is not working evidenced by 19% abortion rate.
So give them the abortions they seek since they actively refuse to use BC? Do you see how open, unfettered access to abortion actually contributes to abortion?

Otherwise how do you explain the 50% rate of NO USE OF BC?

And:

It's 19% of all pregnancies: 1 out of 5 babies in the US is killed every year.
It's 40% of all unplanned pregnancies

Old 04-25-2019, 11:05 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,494,176 times
Quote:

Men's choices
Abstinence
Condom
Vasectomy
Fatherhood
Adoption

Women's choices
Abstinence
Condom
Pills
Implants
Patch
Ring
Injectables
Foam
Sponge
Hysterectomy
Motherhood
Adoption

Women and men...
Boys and girls.

I was raised in an old school style upbringing.
Not only did my father open my eyes to how much it costs to raise a kid, the fact if I was old enough to do the deed I was old enough to put a ring on the girls finger be out in a month after finding out and raise my screw up on my own.

Between that and the fact there are diseases out there for which there is NO cure... yeah I was not a fool I wrapped my tool.
One of my closest friends was entrapped by his ex girlfriend. He wanted to break up with her for being a control freak. She stopped taking the pill... and didn't tell him... he's been paying child support since he was 17 years old and been battling in court over custody issues and all sorts of nonsense on her end... her plan backfired thinking he'd still want to be with her... when that didn't work and the paternity test revealed he was the father... and he wouldn't continue to play house with her....
Hell hath no fury like a chick scorned.

If he was 10 minutes late to drop the kid off... she called the cops.
If he was running late to pick the kid up she wouldn't let him take the kid. Citing he's too busy and will probably ignore the kid... tried the whole unfit to be a parent without supervised visits etc...

If I were to get a chick pregnant I'm raising that kid to the best of my abilities. That's always been my outlook on it. Whether me and the chick I was with worked out or not. It isn't fair to the kid to bring them into the world without providing for them.
Abortion was only an option if and only if there was no way feasible to raise a kid.
Adoption? Nah. No kid deserves to grow up believing they're useless worthless so much so their parents gave them away.

But in today's day and age? The schools, the social media, the video games, TV all raise kids.

Doubt it?

Take note how many times you see kids playing outdoors and doing things with their parents or other kids...
You might see that in areas with economic hardship like trailer parks, housing projects, poor neighborhoods etc. Where the parents can't afford a playstation/xbox, smart phones for their 8 year olds.

I saw it both in NY and here in South Florida. There are town/city parks galore down here. I've yet to see kids shooting hoops playing on the playgrounds etc.

When I was a kid in the 90s at least every other house on the block had a basketteball hoop in the driveway... parents came home and played with their kids or watched them from their porch. The worst were the parents who thought their kids were fragile as glass and would scream at us if we climbed trees or built ramps and jumped bikes and god forbid if a skateboard came out... oh skateboards were verboten to the busybody worry warts. That was in a suburban area.

Moved up to the sticks...
Replace bicycles with ATVs dirt bikes and snowmobiles.
Replace basketteball with football or soccer or baseball.
Fathers taking their sons fishing and hunting or if they had the property out in the woods to shoot targets.

Nowadays? Pfft. I see vacant parks all over the place. Not a kid in sight...

Old 04-25-2019, 11:06 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,750,608 times
Why so many crazies from the Democrats.

Old 04-25-2019, 11:08 AM

Quote:
So give them the abortions they seek since they actively refuse to use BC?
Now your talking!

Old 04-25-2019, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Now your talking!
So you are for getting rid of BC and just sending women to get abortions for every pregnancy?

Old 04-25-2019, 11:19 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Why so many crazies from the Democrats.
What about the Republican crazies who want to give women life in prison or death for getting abortions? Or would I be surprised by how many supposedly sane people dream of the day that actually happens?

Old 04-25-2019, 11:30 AM

Quote:
So you are for getting rid of BC and just sending women to get abortions for every pregnancy?
Didnt say that now did I.
My initial post is what I'm for. Go back and read it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies