Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2019, 08:43 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior7 View Post
A persons best asset now to get a job is to be a black female ...jobs yours dear !
What?? What !!

Old 04-25-2019, 08:45 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Women politicians spend their time trying to convince other women that they are victims and its all mens fault.

So they insult the women by telling them that they are victims and weak, and inslut the men by claiming that they are opressors. It's a nice game and lots of brainwashed people completely eat it up. They LOVE to be victims because it gives them special status.

I find it horrifically insulting. I am nobody's patsy and I am certainly not a victim in spite of what they keep telling me.
It's what they did in the 1800s and early 1900s, they disparaged and dehumanized entire groups of people, so they could convince their followers to discriminate and abuse them, and treat them as lesser people. Bigotry is on the rise, and once again it's the Democratic Party leading the charge. All the while they are frantically pointing the finger and charges of bigotry everywhere else.

Old 04-25-2019, 08:45 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Is that why we had a Civil War, why we passed 13th amendment, the Civil Rights Act of 1866, the 14th, and 15th amendments, the 1964 civil Rights Act, and then the Voting Rights Act in 1965? Stop painting with such a wide brush, all you do is distort history.
They also conveniently forget it was 9 old white men who did Roe v Wade.

It was white old men who got women the right to vote.

[incoming comments about how those events did not benefit women and them bad old white men had other motives]

The neofeminist version of history is a fairy tale, not even remotely based on true events.

Old 04-25-2019, 08:47 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Women politicians spend their time trying to convince other women that they are victims and its all mens fault.

So they insult the women by telling them that they are victims and weak, and inslut the men by claiming that they are opressors. It's a nice game and lots of brainwashed people completely eat it up. They LOVE to be victims because it gives them special status.

I find it horrifically insulting. I am nobody's patsy and I am certainly not a victim in spite of what they keep telling me.
As a woman I'm not getting that message you seem to think I'm getting.

I suggest you must be feeling victimized to get that message.

What an odd perception.

Where did you grow up?
What's your story?

I'm fascinated that we can have such different perceptions.

Republican or Democrat female politicians recognize that they bring the female perspective to an arena that was dominated (and in the case of the Republican party STILL dominated) by men.

Someone saying it is time for women to have better represenation in govt. doesn't mean women are victims, it means it is time for women to step up and represent women.

We all vote for candidates that we think best represent us.....gender is just one part of the package.

Would I vote for someone just because she's a woman -- no but I kind of like the idea of having more women in office.

That doesn't make me a victim.

Old 04-25-2019, 08:48 AM

36,536 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azureth View Post
Doesn't that go for any race/gender that has power? Had white women been the dominant force to control everything, you really think they'd treat men/minority women any differently?
I have no idea. We have never had a true matriarchal society and I have not done any reading on how any relative matriarchal societies were biased.
What we do know is that men have held that power and most often ignored the issues of women.

Old 04-25-2019, 08:49 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
They also conveniently forget it was 9 old white men who did Roe v Wade.

It was white old men who got women the right to vote.

[incoming comments about how those events did not benefit women and them bad old white men had other motives]

The neofeminist version of history is a fairy tale, not even remotely based on true events.
The sentence I highlited was the most obvious but is the story behind your claims.

Why did those old white men finally give up the right to vote.

Because women fought for it.

How naive to think that old white men just said one day -- oh let's give women the vote because we are nice like that.

Roe Vs. Wade passed because women fought for it.

Old 04-25-2019, 08:53 AM

36,536 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Is that why we had a Civil War, why we passed 13th amendment, the Civil Rights Act of 1866, the 14th, and 15th amendments, the 1964 civil Rights Act, and then the Voting Rights Act in 1965? Stop painting with such a wide brush, all you do is distort history.
Civil unrest, protest, revolt all move to change the political climate. I said historically. I never said men (white men) are not being unseated. Its been a long battle for civil rights.
If you dont know the history behind the Civil War and our government I cant help you.

Old 04-25-2019, 09:04 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,401,741 times
Whatever her political leanings, it can be hard for a female politician to have a decent fan base from men and women when the latter sex has historically faced more socio-political problems in this country.

Old 04-25-2019, 09:19 AM

6,346 posts, read 2,900,201 times
When I first saw this quote by Hillary Clinton I thought it had to be a joke:

Quote:
Women have always been the primary victims of war. Women lose their husbands, their fathers, their sons in combat.

But she really did say it!!

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/hi...ictims-of-war/

Old 04-25-2019, 09:26 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
The sentence I highlited was the most obvious but is the story behind your claims.

Why did those old white men finally give up the right to vote.

Because women fought for it.

How naive to think that old white men just said one day -- oh let's give women the vote because we are nice like that..
That's not true. At all.

And that is what I mean by revisionist history, There were efforts to rally women in the 1860-70s to get them interested in voting. They failed miserably. Women didn't want the right to vote because voting meant you could be drafted. So they weren;t interested in the least.

Learn the truth. Not crap garbage agenda-propaganda history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies