Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2019, 10:38 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
So the answer is to create a good old girls network? How about just being good at what you do and do things for the right reasons. Bashing men and looking out for only fellow women is not the right path. It's vindictive mentality, which to be honest, "most" women have inherently.
The president is vindictive, vey vindictive.

Old 04-25-2019, 10:41 AM

3,372 posts, read 1,566,260 times
Most politicians are psychopaths and could care less about anyone but themselves. They will act like they care, say they care, convince people they care, but that is all part of the façade that psychopaths put on to fool their prey. Literally buying votes from the mouth-breathing lemmings. Bailouts, freebies, identity politics, etc.

Old 04-25-2019, 10:52 AM

6,830 posts, read 3,220,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Most politicians are psychopaths and could care less about anyone but themselves. They will act like they care, say they care, convince people they care, but that is all part of the façade that psychopaths put on to fool their prey. Literally buying votes from the mouth-breathing lemmings. Bailouts, freebies, identity politics, etc.

psy·cho·path

/ˈsīkəˌpaTH/

noun
noun: psychopath; plural noun: psychopaths
madman/madwoman, mad person, deranged person, maniac, lunatic,psychotic

The politicians in my state do not fit that definition. Maybe in your state, but I hope not

Old 04-25-2019, 01:08 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILRef View Post
It's because politician sole purpose is to divide us. It's a means to an end (power). They've been doing it with race for years and now want to divide us by gender. I'm a straight, white male. The enemy of the left. And the most important people to me in the world are my wife and daughter. It's insulting to me that the left wants to make it seem like I'm (and people like me) simply want to keep women in their place. It's nonsense. Gender is just another identity group that politicians prey on.
Do you feel your wife or daughter should be forced to give birth against their will if they become pregnant from being raped?

Old 04-25-2019, 02:36 PM

291 posts, read 159,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Exactly, and president Trump is no exception. I'm on the left and you are not my enemy, where do you get this stuff. Is that what you want to believe, or is it something that's been drilled into your head by right wing media.
Who said I was a Trump guy? I didn't vote for him and I think he has character issues. Thought I don't think he's evil.

I may be forced into voting for him if the left continues to radicalize.

Old 04-25-2019, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Do you feel your wife or daughter should be forced to give birth against their will if they become pregnant from being raped?
Ooooook.

In that specific instance, no, I don't. But I'm not sure how that is related to my original point.

Old 04-25-2019, 02:39 PM

24,631 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
They actually don't care. They just pretend to care to appeal to certain voting blocks.
That is correct, the only thing politicians care about are re-election and pay raises.

Old 04-25-2019, 03:11 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILRef View Post
Ooooook.

In that specific instance, no, I don't. But I'm not sure how that is related to my original point.
I just wondered because you keep slamming the "Left", so I assumed you didn't agree with their stance on abortion rights.

Old 04-25-2019, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I just wondered because you keep slamming the "Left", so I assumed you didn't agree with their stance on abortion rights.
Things aren't black and white. Do I think abortion should be legal in certain cases? Yes. But do I think killing a baby should be celebrated (like some apparently do)? Of course not. Do I think late term abortions should be legal? No.

Things aren't as simple as yes/no. Context matters.

But, that's one specific issue. My initial post lamented what I see as the left (and some on the right) trying to divide us by gender. This isn't an abortion debate. Not sure why you're on this tangent.

Old 04-25-2019, 03:59 PM

662 posts, read 313,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
And we men are somehow different ? Let's face it, women have always come in second in this country, and this world. For some unknown reason, there is this mindset that only we men are able to do things and run things. But history is changing that 1800's view, as we see more and more women are proving that to not be the case. What is amazing to me is how a lot of women also think only men are capable of running this country.

We men have not exactly done a stellar job of running this world......wars, upheaval, huge divides, etc. Personally, I kinda think things would be a little more sane under women. As we all know, it is mom who glues the family together, so why not give them a shot at running this country ?
Not buying it for a second. Humans are humans and power corrupts. Women are in no way immune to it and are just as likely to be a raging arsehole as a guy in power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
So they insult the women by telling them that they are victims and weak, and insult the men by claiming that they are opressors. It's a nice game and lots of brainwashed people completely eat it up. They LOVE to be victims because it gives them special status.
I went to our local Democrat caucus in 2016 and there was a woman in her mid 30's who told our group how excited she was to vote for Hillary because she is a woman. She also called herself a minority for being a woman. I wish I was making it up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
It's LEFT WING media that bashes men in general and straight white guys. It's all over the place, if you can't see it you're willfully ignorant or deaf and blind.
I'm not a conservative and tend to favor democrat ideas far more often than republicans, but I won't hesitate to say the left thinks stereotyping straight white guys negatively is perfectly fine. They do that while getting outraged constantly about the slightest hint of stereotyping anyone other than straight white men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies