Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2019, 06:23 AM

346 posts, read 237,991 times

Advertisements

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...imes-seen.html

Quote:
Hillary Clinton has warned that the current political climate is among 'the most challenging times the US has ever seen' in a speech at her own charity's event.

Speaking at the 18th annual Vital Voices Global Leadership Awards at The Kennedy Center in Washington yesterday, the former presidential candidate urged women to take action to 'reinvigorate democracy'.

Clinton said: 'And today in the midst of some of the most challenging times the US has ever seen - it is women doing the hard work of reinvigorating our democracy.'
It feels like seemingly, most female politicians are all "woman power this" "woman power that" "we need more women in x and y" "women, women women!".

If a woman wants to get political power, shouldn't she be gender-neutral, meaning she cares just as much about getting men to vote for her as women? Yet as a man, I find it very off-putting how most female or would-be female politicians only talk on and on about women this and women that; talk about alienating and dividing your audience. You certainly don't hear any male politicians yelling "Male power!" "We need more men in this or that!" "Men need to support other men!".

Wouldn't the best thing for female politicians to do is not make any specific mention of gender and just talk and discuss the things that affect everyone, regardless of gender?

Old 04-25-2019, 06:34 AM

5,717 posts, read 3,149,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azureth View Post

It feels like seemingly, most female politicians are all "woman power this" "woman power that" "we need more women in x and y" "women, women women!".

If a woman wants to get political power, shouldn't she be gender-neutral, meaning she cares just as much about getting men to vote for her as women? Yet as a man, I find it very off-putting how most female or would-be female politicians only talk on and on about women this and women that; talk about alienating and dividing your audience. You certainly don't hear any male politicians yelling "Male power!" "We need more men in this or that!" "Men need to support other men!".

Wouldn't the best thing for female politicians to do is not make any specific mention of gender and just talk and discuss the things that affect everyone, regardless of gender?
They actually don't care. They just pretend to care to appeal to certain voting blocks.

Old 04-25-2019, 06:54 AM

6,830 posts, read 3,224,091 times
The female politicians that I have listened to seem to speak mostly about broad non-gender policy issues. Listen to Amy Klobuchar, she seems to speak in broad policy issues. The only exception is about a woman's right to choose.

Old 04-25-2019, 06:58 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,848,849 times
Does anyone else find it annoying how female politicians seemingly only care about women?

And they only care about women who have abortions, hate men, wear pu*sy hats and scream obcentities about President Trump and all white men.

Actually they only care about themselves. They just form groups so that they can make more noise and appear to give a s*i*.

Old 04-25-2019, 07:07 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,956,917 times
The funny thing is they do not care about women.

They just hate hate hate men.

Old 04-25-2019, 07:22 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,255,259 times
I have definently felt the vibe from Hillary, Warren and other female politicians that white males are what they view as the problem in America today and Rich white males are public enemy number one.

Let them feel that way. If they want to isolate millions of voters than so be it.

Old 04-25-2019, 07:26 AM

41,974 posts, read 75,239,807 times
Quote:
You certainly don't hear any male politicians yelling "Male power!" "We need more men in this or that!" "Men need to support other men!".
They don't need to. They already have power, are the majority in all levels of government, and have their "good old boys" network for support.

Old 04-25-2019, 07:30 AM

2,419 posts, read 2,991,071 times
Does anyone else find it annoying how male politicians seemingly only care about men?

Here, I fixed the subject line for you.

Old 04-25-2019, 07:33 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,857,927 times
Quote:

And we men are somehow different ? Let's face it, women have always come in second in this country, and this world. For some unknown reason, there is this mindset that only we men are able to do things and run things. But history is changing that 1800's view, as we see more and more women are proving that to not be the case. What is amazing to me is how a lot of women also think only men are capable of running this country.

We men have not exactly done a stellar job of running this world......wars, upheaval, huge divides, etc. Personally, I kinda think things would be a little more sane under women. As we all know, it is mom who glues the family together, so why not give them a shot at running this country ?

Old 04-25-2019, 07:35 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,184,660 times
I could do with a few less Republican men "caring" so much about women. Mainly our reproductive parts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies