Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2019, 08:47 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Never fails. lol
Neither does the moral hypocrisy from the pro trump right. You're right.... That never fails.

He really could murder someone on 5th Ave and you'd still be giving him a free pass
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2019, 11:00 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Like you would have any idea what a Christian is

Graham is interpreting the Bible and that's his right and his job frankly so I have no problem that this is his opinion. I agree from a Biblical standpoint, Gay marriage is not supported so in interpreting the Bible, I think this is the correct interpretation.
Which is in itself OK as an argument. Where it applies to Franklin though it falls way short. Oddly he doesn't condemn Trump for cheating on his wives. And no, Trump has never shown any regret over that. He doesn't condemn Trump over his name calling. He does this constantly. He doesn't condemn Trump for his demonization of the poor. None of those things are Biblical.

Quote:
But I can also interpret and have my own opinion which is that God created all of us including all that are gay and the Bible says Jesus loves us all....so I don't see how someone can seriously be condemned for something they were created to be. I can see how you can say you shouldn't try to promote this behavior. To me it's the same as heterosexual activity outside of marriage....we may want to do it but we shouldn't be promoting it and calling it good.
Seems to me that Buttigieg simply says "this is who I am". As you note, it is who he is and that is how he was created to be.

Old 04-27-2019, 11:04 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,561,677 times
Graham is just another faux Christian using religion to support himself and his views. He is no man of God.

Old 04-27-2019, 11:43 AM

4,384 posts, read 4,236,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I really hope the Trump era is the last of it. Everyone thought their time had passed but then 2016 happened. Now it's like we are back in the 1980s with Jerry Falwell always complaining about something.

The only "Christian values" they care about is controlling women and hating LGBT people. Also add outward displays of religiosity. They care more about having a Ten Commandments monument at the courthouse or making sure everyone says "Merry Christmas" than actually living the values Jesus taught. They don't want everyone to actually be Christian. They just want to force everyone to pretend that they are so the evangelicals aren't offended. If the Christian Right isn't in power, that must mean we are living in the End Times and the rapture is about to happen any minute. I'm sick of this dominating our politics and I hope after 2020, we see the end of it.
I think the rapture already happened.

Old 04-27-2019, 11:46 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Being a Christian is about one's relationship with Jesus Christ (and belief in His death for our sins, and resurrection for eternal life with God). It is not primarily about following God's laws. Graham is wrong to focus on laws and standards as a basis of being a Christian.

Following God's laws and standards should be how we live after we become a Christian. That may or may not happen - and Christians will be judged appropriately for what we do on the earth as Christians.

So one can be a Christian and practice homosexuality... but it may be a very harsh entry into God's kingdom. It is not recommended.

But it is a matter of what he, or anyone, believes about Christ that makes him a Christian.
The kingdom of a god that promotes genocide, bigotry, sexism, racism, wars, and hatred? No thanks to that "kingdom!"

Old 04-27-2019, 11:48 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Graham is just another faux Christian using religion to support himself and his views. He is no man of God.
And support himself. He was a loser who rebelled against his father growing up. It wasn't until he found out he had no skills or education to make a living other than latching on to the coat tails of his father.

Old 04-27-2019, 12:19 PM

1,225 posts, read 3,229,492 times
Franklin Graham represents all the hypocrisy and hatred of the Evangelical church. No wonder young people are leaving Evangelical churches in droves.

"You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do." ~ Anne Lamott

Old 04-27-2019, 12:25 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
And support himself. He was a loser who rebelled against his father growing up. It wasn't until he found out he had no skills or education to make a living other than latching on to the coat tails of his father.
Like Trump, keeping the franchise going...but ruining it. Quite typical.

I think Don's dad turned relatively little into 400 Million dollars.

Don turned what would be 10+ billion if left in an index fund...to a NEGATIVE net worth (yes, even Don admits this)....and finally, with Russian help and now by abusing the office he's up to 30% of the Index fund.

This has happened to many a fortune.

Franklin Graham is no different than the next Kardasian to come along. Hard to believe that the Kardasians made their billions...in a sense...from a sex tape and partying with Paris Hilton.
So I guess they worked the franchise well.

Turned a roll in the hay into vastly more money than Don....in just 15 years or so...

Old 04-27-2019, 12:41 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
The Republican party could sure use a Barry Goldwater these days. He predicted years ago that these bible thumpers would be a major pain in the *** for the party.

Old 04-27-2019, 12:52 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
The Republican party could sure use a Barry Goldwater these days. He predicted years ago that these bible thumpers would be a major pain in the *** for the party.
There is absolutely no way to replace that block of GOP voters....it's not even close.

A reasonable Republican who didn't do the bidding of all these Gawd types would perhaps have a voting block of 25% of the country.

As we well know, the GOP doesn't have any standards or morality at all, so the idea of somehow staying in office without all kinds of gaming just can't happen.

It takes everything from illegal gerrymandering to voter suppression to Hate TV and Radio to keep them barely treading water, even tho the chances of them winning a popular vote are very low.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies