Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 03:55 PM

2,517 posts, read 1,837,269 times

Advertisements

it all started in the late 60s.

Old 04-26-2019, 05:24 PM

72,847 posts, read 62,291,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
No doubt. Now liberals celebrate heavy women (not men, though, for some reason) as "natural" and the like. "Plus" models are a must. And if you have a difference of opinion or criticize obesity, "you're a BIGOT". Society has become very disturbing.
And yet, the states with the highest obesity rates are in the South, where most of the states there are conservative. Tell a woman in Georgia or Alabama she needs to lose weight and see how fast you get cursed out.

Old 04-26-2019, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
it all started in the late 60s.
Actually, you are wrong. This stuff started in the early/mid 1980s. That is when obesity rates started spiking.

Old 04-26-2019, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I think every generation is worse than the one before it.

I find it hilarious that people think we're so much smarter than our ancestors. Where is the modern-day equivalent of Thomas Jefferson and Alexander Hamilton?

It amazes me just how dumb we are, while everyone imagines themselves brilliant, as does every generation.
Actually, we have some very smart people in our generations. Alot of them just don't go into politics anymore. Many just stick to science, technology, math, and engineering.

Old 04-26-2019, 05:41 PM

35,487 posts, read 20,841,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Actually, you are wrong. This stuff started in the early/mid 1980s. That is when obesity rates started spiking.
Fast food generation. We had one jack n the box n kfc - there might have been others but not in every neighborhood. A&W is only one I Rem as a kid. Mom was home to cook until they started raising rent, food and utilities. I Rem truckers went to DC when gas went up - after that all went downhill. We worked and sometimes two jobs. McD n hamburger helper

Old 04-26-2019, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Fast food generation. We had one jack n the box n kfc - there might have been others but not in every neighborhood. A&W is only one I Rem as a kid. Mom was home to cook until they started raising rent, food and utilities. I Rem truckers went to DC when gas went up - after that all went downhill. We worked and sometimes two jobs. McD n hamburger helper
I grew up in the 90s and early 2000s. Fast food was definitely a thing when I was growing up. Constantly saw adverts for it on TV. When I was a kid, there were certainly a few fat kids, but not like what I'm seeing today. In my family, we occasionally had fast food, but as time went, it was less and less. My father preferred to cook hamburgers at home than buy them from McDonalds or Burger King. After hearing about the pink sludge stuff, I hate McDonalds now. The only thing it's good for is free internet and coffee.

A&W? I always thought that was just pop.

Old 04-26-2019, 05:57 PM

5,312 posts, read 2,097,364 times
Quote:
I grew up in the 90s and early 2000s. Fast food was definitely a thing when I was growing up. Constantly saw adverts for it on TV. When I was a kid, there were certainly a few fat kids, but not like what I'm seeing today. In my family, we occasionally had fast food, but as time went, it was less and less. My father preferred to cook hamburgers at home than buy them from McDonalds or Burger King. After hearing about the pink sludge stuff, I hate McDonalds now. The only thing it's good for is free internet and coffee.

A&W is a burger place. Here they seem to be paired with KFC usually.

Old 04-26-2019, 05:59 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,766,133 times
Quote:
There's nothing that conservatives won't blame on the '60s. Apparently the world was perfect when Ike was in office and before the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Old 04-26-2019, 06:03 PM

35,487 posts, read 20,841,123 times
Quote:

A&W has the servers on skates. They said was horse meat but I was a kid I don’t know. I see a certain age some kids more obese than other kids ages. I have always wondered if the hormones or some chemical was fed to that generation. Just like the ADD and autism. They may say one day what it was. America does not eat natural foods unless organic or home grown

Old 04-26-2019, 06:04 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,382,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
My Grandmother used to say the same thing about Elvis....
If your grandma was/is still alive, what would she say about Kim Kardashian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies