Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2019, 09:53 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdriver74 View Post
...I liken Trump to the founding Fathers. He is risking his life, certainly his personal freedom if not his wealth for the sake of the country. Who else in the past 200 years has really done that much for USA.

You may not like him for any number of reasons but he is doing this for the country, not for him.

This would be stunningly good satire, but I'm afraid you're actually serious, aren't you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2019, 10:03 AM

23,550 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
Now play one of his most recent videos. Like when he " fell in love with Kim jong Un " Something went wrong along the way.
For Dems who practice convenient amnesia

"Former National Security Council spokesman Tommy Vietor addressed Fox News Special Report host Bret Baier as "dude" Thursday and said he could hardly remember how he helped change the Benghazi talking points because it was "two years ago."

Heaven forbid anyone's opinion change from 34 years ago. If your opinion has changed from more than a quarter century ago you are to be mocked.

Forget perspective gained as a reason why one may have changed their opinion. Liberal detest perspective and context as it gets in the way of their distorted narrative and musses up their fantasies.

Obama just claimed that he evolved and that was fine with everyone.

Old 04-29-2019, 10:03 AM

6,737 posts, read 4,419,540 times
" Washington Post fact-checker says Trump has hit 10,000 lies as president "

He never, ever expected to win the presidency. I remember seeing the look on his face the first time in public he was announced as the new president. He looked stunned. That ego ran for the attention. He has molded himself and fits right in with the DC crowd. The truth eludes him.

Old 04-29-2019, 10:25 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Thankyou for this clip.
He is intelligent and articulate.
The president has great love for our country and I stand behind him.

Oh please, he has GREAT love for himself, everyone/thing else gets table scraps at best.

His great love for himself was displayed after the twin towers fell, leading him to boast(falsely) that he then owned the tallest building in NYC. Only a true narcissist would attempt to spin the murder of thousands into a tale about himself.

Old 04-29-2019, 12:56 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,737,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdriver74 View Post
That's a good clip. Nearly 40 years old and it ages very well.

I liken Trump to the founding Fathers. He is risking his life, certainly his personal freedom if not his wealth for the sake of the country. Who else in the past 200 years has really done that much for USA.

You may not like him for any number of reasons but he is doing this for the country, not for him.
This a high-quality troll post if I've ever seen one. Hats off to you sir.

Old 04-29-2019, 12:58 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
This clip has aged better than Trump. And, I'd rather have that fairly coherent version of him in office than the one we have now.

Old 04-29-2019, 01:00 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
" Washington Post fact-checker says Trump has hit 10,000 lies as president "

He never, ever expected to win the presidency. I remember seeing the look on his face the first time in public he was announced as the new president. He looked stunned. That ego ran for the attention. He has molded himself and fits right in with the DC crowd. The truth eludes him.

Truth.

I saw his face that night. Drained the blood right out of it, the shock.

He was ready to leave, halfheartedly congratulate HRC, then start to backstab her while planning for his new TV network and reality show on running for president and how the process was rigged.

Old 04-29-2019, 01:30 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,532,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
This would be stunningly good satire, but I'm afraid you're actually serious, aren't you?
It's unbelievable, isn't it? These Trumplings are so brainwashed they're placing one of the worst presidents so far in the same category as the Founding Fathers. Simply unbelievable what cults can do to one's mind.

Old 04-29-2019, 03:43 PM

8,553 posts, read 10,978,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Yes, you could. And way back in the day, I greatly admired Donald Trump.

And I was shocked and saddened when he turned out the way he did in the 2016 presidential campaign, and I actually thought it was satire. I thought he'd get up on the stage after the campaign and say WAKE UP AMERICANS, HOW COULD YOU VOTE FOR THE MORON I PRETENDED TO BE?

I actually thought that would happen. I thought his campaign was one big farce and he would take a bow and exit stage left, proving the American public to be the fools they turned out to be. Wakeup call.

'Parently it wasn't. How did the promising young man turn into such an unlikable destructive old man? Organic brain disease maybe?
This "promising young man" ,unlike most of us, built a multi billion dollar empire.
To build that empire he had to be tough, and in control.
Obviously over the years, he stepped on many toes getting to the top.
The top is not for weaklings, and to get there one had to show strength, and unpopular qualities.
That became his way of live, and the more he practiced it, the more respected, as a businessman he became, along with becoming more self centered.
His opinions were well sought after.
This interview(one of many) are Representative of people wanting contact with this man over the years.

In the late seventies, and the eighties, Donald Trump was revered, and respected for his corporate sense.
Many riding the political, as well as corporate roller coaster, made it a point to journey to Trump tower to get his personal endorsement, and encouragement.
All the while this real estate magnate had his eye on politics.
That is obvious in the many tv interviews he had, where the state of the country, and world(for that matter) were being talked about.
All were seeking his opinions concerning these things.

The habitual hardness, and brutality of his business savvy, continued into all facets of his life, including two marriages.
Today not much has changed in his character except age, and the strong will to carry his business character into his political one.
He succeeded in business because he was of the opinion, it was his way, or the highway, and that put him at the top of the corporate ladder, which is where he needed to be.

I believe age has taken it's toll on this man.
Age has clouded his once perfect judgement.
I believe he wants things to be correct for all people, but he has lost the sense of direction in how to obtain the correct direction, much as it would any of us, when we reach our senior years.
So again, to answer your original question, age happened to Mr. Trump.

Bob.

Old 04-29-2019, 04:16 PM

528 posts, read 227,245 times
That interview is a couple of weeks after I was born
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies