Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2019, 03:44 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,273,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
So do you think people who are coming here from the border are up to date on their vaccines? I would think the poor countries they are coming from have no vaccine programs. I know it's not PC to talk about that though.

What are they doing with people who come here without the measles vaccine? Let them catch it now that we have an epidemic of it? It will never be controlled if they don't give vaccines to them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Millions of unvaccinated people illegally enter the us and all we hear are Hasidic jews are the source.

Look at the CDC website and see that measles is prevalent in south and central America. Look at the map of measles outbreak in the states. Pure coincidence the west coast and southeast are implicated along with other illegal sanctuaries.

Amazing how rabid health authorities are about getting vaccinated and yet somehow the millions of unchecked illegals from locations where measles occur, are ignored. It is as if there were no press. Of course any mention of measles coming across the border would rate you a xenophobe and racist.

While the sources of outbreak may vary, the contribution of unvaccinated illegals is totally ignored.

Politics trumps health.
These posts have been responded to, but I want to add: https://www.cato.org/blog/migrant-ca...cination-rates
"Perhaps members of the migrant caravan have lower vaccination rates than their fellow countrymen or they are carrying other serious contagions that cannot be vaccinated against. But for most of these illnesses below, you have more to fear from your fellow Americans than from Central Americans."

Keep in mind the Cato Institute is a very conservative organization.

The outbreaks so far have all been started by US citizens who were exposed to measles abroad and brought it back. "Patient Zero" in the LA outbreak has not been reported.

Old 04-27-2019, 03:47 PM

26,646 posts, read 13,608,994 times
https://ahrp.org/former-merck-scient...fficacy-fraud/

Former Merck Scientists Sue Merck Alleging MMR Vaccine Efficacy Fraud
Stephen A. Krahling and Joan A. Wlochowski, former Merck virologists blew the whistle by filing a qui tam action lawsuit — U.S. v Merck & Co. — in August 2010. The scientists allege that the efficacy tests for the measles, mumps, rubella vaccine (MMR) were faked. The document was unsealed in June, 2012.

This is a major federal case alleging fraud in vaccine testing; it encapsulates how medical research can be manipulated to achieve desired results, and why it may be wise to question the integrity and the validity of “science-based medicine.”

The suit charges that Merck knew its measles, mumps, rubella (MMR) vaccine was less effective than the purported 95% level, and it alleges that senior management was aware and also oversaw testing that concealed the actual effectiveness. According to the lawsuit, Merck began a sham testing program in the late 1990’s to hide the declining efficacy of the vaccine. The objective of the fraudulent trials was to “report efficacy of 95% or higher regardless of the vaccine’s true efficacy.”

Old 04-27-2019, 03:48 PM

1,316 posts, read 740,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
<snip>

And if they were vaccinated?

Do what you feel is best for you. Sitting around blaming anti-vaxxers though is really ignorant.
If the person who was traveling had been vaccinated and still caught the virus, then it is still a problem when there are so many unvaccinated people to spread it to. There is a small percentage of those vaccinated that may still get measles. For them, the case will likely be less severe--but if they encounter unvaccinated people, it will spread.

It's the fault of anti-vaxxers because the disease spreads faster and further the more people who get infected. It's not rocket science!

Old 04-27-2019, 04:42 PM

36,972 posts, read 40,961,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
So do you think people who are coming here from the border are up to date on their vaccines? I would think the poor countries they are coming from have no vaccine programs. I know it's not PC to talk about that though.

What are they doing with people who come here without the measles vaccine? Let them catch it now that we have an epidemic of it? It will never be controlled if they don't give vaccines to them.
They are coming from countries that often have higher vax rates than the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Millions of unvaccinated people illegally enter the us and all we hear are Hasidic jews are the source.

Look at the CDC website and see that measles is prevalent in south and central America. Look at the map of measles outbreak in the states. Pure coincidence the west coast and southeast are implicated along with other illegal sanctuaries.

Amazing how rabid health authorities are about getting vaccinated and yet somehow the millions of unchecked illegals from locations where measles occur, are ignored. It is as if there were no press. Of course any mention of measles coming across the border would rate you a xenophobe and racist.

While the sources of outbreak may vary, the contribution of unvaccinated illegals is totally ignored.

Politics trumps health.
Central America does vaccinate.

Measles in Costa Rica in an American family exposed to an imported case. None were vaccinated

https://qcostarica.com/health-confir...ily-in-cobano/

https://www.paho.org/hq/index.php?op...id=270&lang=en

Canada has had importation from the US

Mexico, one imported unvaccinated case who had been to France and the US

Note that Belize, Honduras, Guatemala, El Salvador and Nicaragua have not reported cases.

The South American cases are related to the economic situation in Venezuela and dramatic drop in vaccination rates.

Where are the "millions of unchecked illegals from locations where measles occur" coming from? It seems Central America has more to fear from Americans than we do from their citizens.

Old 04-27-2019, 05:04 PM

[quote]
Quote:
Don’t know about the college stats but do know that in one family household, one person brought the measles home with them and all but one of the family members.

Search FB.
How about you provide a link to the nurse's story. It is strange that it would not result in a single Google hit.

Quote:
Link?
Progress in the case here:

https://www.skepticalraptor.com/skep...-actual-story/

Quote:
And if they were vaccinated?
Who are "they"? It's only one person, who was either vaccinated or not. We do not know.

Quote:
Do what you feel is best for you. Sitting around blaming anti-vaxxers though is really ignorant.
How many vaccinated students at Temple have not gotten mumps?

Quote:
https://ahrp.org/former-merck-scient...fficacy-fraud/

Former Merck Scientists Sue Merck Alleging MMR Vaccine Efficacy Fraud
Stephen A. Krahling and Joan A. Wlochowski, former Merck virologists blew the whistle by filing a qui tam action lawsuit — U.S. v Merck & Co. — in August 2010. The scientists allege that the efficacy tests for the measles, mumps, rubella vaccine (MMR) were faked. The document was unsealed in June, 2012.

This is a major federal case alleging fraud in vaccine testing; it encapsulates how medical research can be manipulated to achieve desired results, and why it may be wise to question the integrity and the validity of “science-based medicine.”

The suit charges that Merck knew its measles, mumps, rubella (MMR) vaccine was less effective than the purported 95% level, and it alleges that senior management was aware and also oversaw testing that concealed the actual effectiveness. According to the lawsuit, Merck began a sham testing program in the late 1990’s to hide the declining efficacy of the vaccine. The objective of the fraudulent trials was to “report efficacy of 95% or higher regardless of the vaccine’s true efficacy.”
The claim has been going on for almost nine years and has gotten nowhere. Perhaps you should not allege fraud until after fraud is confirmed. The case is an argument over testing methods.

Old 04-27-2019, 06:04 PM

10,186 posts, read 6,240,854 times
Looked up my Alma Mater's (Transfer Student in 1996 from 20 years previously) Immunization Forum form for now:

https://www.stonybrook.edu/commcms/s...2010-26-16.pdf

Look at the dates in those immunization boxes. Look at the recommendation vaccinations boxes; far more than required. Under each of those required Measles boxes there is also an "OR". What does Or mean? Religious Exemption? Age? The only mandates for a Titer is in the Schools of Medicine.

Primary Care Provider Signature???? I could not have given them that in 1996, before, since, or now. My daughter went with me at same time. She could comply with that, but I couldn't. Hey, my daughter's Doc, sign this for me even though I am not your patient, and don't want to be?

Well, at least today there are Online University degrees. I would have needed that by today's standards. Keep the unvaccinated out of college too, right Suzy?

BTW, there is another term going around in addition to your "anti-vaxxer". EX-vaxxer. Raising my hand.

Old 04-27-2019, 06:07 PM

26,646 posts, read 13,608,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
How about you provide a link to the nurse's story. It is strange that it would not result in a single Google hit.
Not strange at all. Search FB, not google. I don’t believe that links to FB or other SM sites are allowed here, hence, why I won’t share the link. You have enough info to search if you want to watch it and if you don’t then stop asking me about it.

Quote:
The claim has been going on for almost nine years and has gotten nowhere. Perhaps you should not allege fraud until after fraud is confirmed. The case is an argument over testing methods.
It’s been tied up in the court system for nine years because Merck has not been cooperative. Maybe it wouldn’t be taking so long if they would just cooperate. The allegations are of fraud and faking efficacy of the mumps component fo the MMR vaccine. Why would I pretend that those are not the allegations involved in this court case? And how can anyone ignore this in the face of what is happening?

Old 04-27-2019, 06:22 PM

This one is for Suzy Q and "idiots in New York" and after CA "it would spread across the nation".

https://www.cpr.org/news/story/gov-p...ld-not-sign-it

Not an elimination of Non-Medical Exemptions but requiring parents must go in person to the Board of Health for a "lecture".

Old 04-27-2019, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Not strange at all. Search FB, not google. I don’t believe that links to FB or other SM sites are allowed here, hence, why I won’t share the link. You have enough info to search if you want to watch it and if you don’t then stop asking me about it.

It’s been tied up in the court system for nine years because Merck has not been cooperative. Maybe it wouldn’t be taking so long if they would just cooperate. The allegations are of fraud and faking efficacy of the mumps component fo the MMR vaccine. Why would I pretend that those are not the allegations involved in this court case? And how can anyone ignore this in the face of what is happening?
:

Yes, and this information is available on the Net. Only "anti-vax" sites? Pharm sites have info on this. Different view ("poor" Merck), but it is still available for the public to make their own judgment.

Old 04-27-2019, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Looked up my Alma Mater's (Transfer Student in 1996 from 20 years previously) Immunization Forum form for now:

https://www.stonybrook.edu/commcms/s...2010-26-16.pdf

Look at the dates in those immunization boxes. Look at the recommendation vaccinations boxes; far more than required. Under each of those required Measles boxes there is also an "OR". What does Or mean? Religious Exemption? Age? The only mandates for a Titer is in the Schools of Medicine.

Primary Care Provider Signature???? I could not have given them that in 1996, before, since, or now. My daughter went with me at same time. She could comply with that, but I couldn't. Hey, my daughter's Doc, sign this for me even though I am not your patient, and don't want to be?

Well, at least today there are Online University degrees. I would have needed that by today's standards. Keep the unvaccinated out of college too, right Suzy?

BTW, there is another term going around in addition to your "anti-vaxxer". EX-vaxxer. Raising my hand.
Yes, adults should be up to date on vaccines, too. I guess it is a good thing you are not planning to go to college.

Quote:
Still no luck. Do you have the name right?

Quote:

See the link I provided. The plaintiffs are still generating motions. It's not all on Merck.

Quote:
This one is for Suzy Q and "idiots in New York" and after CA "it would spread across the nation".

https://www.cpr.org/news/story/gov-p...ld-not-sign-it

Not an elimination of Non-Medical Exemptions but requiring parents must go in person to the Board of Health for a "lecture".
Other states are trying to toughen requirements for exemptions. When enough vaccinating citizens get tired of paying to control outbreaks it will happen.

Quote:
:

Yes, and this information is available on the Net. Only "anti-vax" sites? Pharm sites have info on this. Different view ("poor" Merck), but it is still available for the public to make their own judgment.
No fraud has been proven yet. The government has declined to support the suit.

If you were on trial would you like your guilt or innocence decided by people on the internet who do not have the facts of your case?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.