Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2019, 05:57 AM

27,294 posts, read 13,556,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
No autism, you must be grateful.

What does cause Autism? Since 1 in 59 people now have it.

The answer will be you don't know. They are studying a plethora of causes right now. One they are studying is this.

If someone is susceptible to ASD because of genetic mutations, then certain situations might cause autism in that person.

"For instance, infection or contact with chemicals in the environment could cause autism in someone who is susceptible because of genetic mutations.1 However, someone who is genetically susceptible might not get an ASD even if he or she has the same experiences.https://www.nichd.nih.gov/health/top...ioninfo/causes

So, exposure to a virus isn't that far off. March 6, 2008 -- Federal officials say a Georgia girl is entitled to compensation from a federal vaccine injury fund because she developed autism-like symptoms after receiving childhood vaccines in 2000.The government has not said that childhood vaccines cause autism; rather, officials conclude that the vaccines given to the girl in 2000 aggravated a pre-existing condition -- a mitochondrial disorder -- that then manifested as a regressive neurological disease with some symptoms of autism spectrum disorder.https://www.webmd.com/brain/autism/n...ate-heats-up#1

The truth is your story doesn't prove anything. Everyone with Autism is different, that's why it's hard to know why people get it. Spewing "no autism" from your lucky kids after every example means absolutely nothing. It doesn't make it not true for someone else. Nobody knows, which leaves parents of kids with Autism searching and looking into everything. Food, dyes, chemicals, infections, viruses, diet, and yes even vaccines.

One day their kids fine, the next they're not. Rarely do they see signs early unless it's severe, or it started at birth. Mine showed up at 10. I made eye contact and still do. We aren't all the same.

Parents with Autistic kids or people with Autism are left belittled by people like you all the time, we're used to it. You're lucky to not have to search for a cause or a cure, but please, don't try to prove the cause of Autism when you aren't familiar with it at all. Nobody knows. Like you've made clear, you aren't even familiar with it, your kids don't have it. You have no idea what you're talking about so don't assume anything about parents of Autistics because you'll be wrong. Autism lasts a lifetime. The numbers of Autistics dwarf the amount with M, M or R. Parents are confused and frightened. Give it a break!

As far as vaccines causing Autism there is still enough suspicion that exposure to viruses or chemicals could cause Autism in some or all people so not looking there will be a no. Parents will keep searching until there is an answer. If you want to eliminate that fear then donate to Autism research.

Disgraced British Doctor Andrew Wakefield was the first to cause controversy regarding the MMR Vaccine and autism.

Wakefield's discredited reports are still used by anti-vaxxers, even though he was struck off the medical registrar in the UK for unethical behaviour, misconduct and dishonesty for authoring a fraudulent research paper, whilst Wakefield failed to disclose that he was actively involved at the time in establishing several potentially lucrative medical businesses, and the false research would have seen him gain financially.

How disgraced anti-vaxxer Andrew Wakefield was embraced by Trump's America - The Guardian

Disgraced anti-vaxxer Andrew Wakefield aims to advance his agenda in Texas election - The Guardiam

Andrew Wakefield: How a disgraced UK doctor has remade himself in anti-vaxxer Trump's America - The Independent

Measles on rise as US laps up Andrew Wakefield's anti-vax lies - The Times

Andrew Wakefield struck off register by General Medical Council - The Guardian

Andrew Wakefield - Wikipedia

Old 05-02-2019, 06:08 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,723,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
When you talk about the measles outbreak and deaths in Europe, you’re have to make note of where the majority of cases and deaths were happening. The vast majority of deaths happened in Ukraine, a country with a very high poverty rate. Much higher then the US. You cannot compare the death rate of a developing country to that of a developed country when talking about measles. If anyone in this thread is an expert in how to lie with statistics, it might very well be you.

There might have been 500,000 reported cases of measles in the US in the pre-vaccine era but the CDC notes that there were actually 3 to 4 million cases each year. If you’re basing measles deaths on reported cases only then you are lying with statistics.
That is what happens when unchecked illegal aliens are allowed to storm our border, by the millions. They are not mentioning the Leprosy discovered in mass.

Old 05-02-2019, 06:18 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,974,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post

Sorry, if she will not reveal their names as far as I am concerned they do not exist. If they feel so strongly, why wouldn't they want to be known? "To protect the doctors safety" is hogwash.

I believe that the risk of a serious adverse reaction to a vaccine is about one in a million. That is what the statistics show. I do not care whether you believe them or not.

Parents of immunocompromised children who cannot be vaccinated have no rights?

You asked about antivaccine lobbying and I gave you an example. The state is irrelevant.

Do I really have to define it for you? Where did I imply that there was a lobbyist program for each of them? The fact is that antivaccinationists are spending money to try to get vaccine mandates removed. It's no lie. Believe it or not. I really don't care

I support vaccination because the risks are tiny and the benefits enormous. Pharma's profits have nothing to do with it. However, they would make much more treating the disease than they do from the vaccine, like the over $800,000 hospital stay for the child with tetanus recently. A lot of that would be for medication.

Your "parental rights" end where mine begin for my child with leukemia. Your "freedom" does not include the "freedom" to make him sick.

Having a different schedule from the US does not mean the other country's is the superior one.

There are countries that do not vaccinate against chickenpox. That one could have killed my son when he was on chemo, even though he had already had the disease. As evidence that his immune system could not handle the chickenpox virus very well he got shingles and was hospitalized and treated with antiviral medication. Every door into the clinic and hospital had signs telling people not to enter if they had been exposed to chickenpox. Do I think every country should routinely use the varicella vaccine? You betcha.
Right. Because if you do not know about it, it doesn't exist. You won't bother looking into to it, just dismss it outright. There's that ignorance. Again.

You support vaccination because .. well, I think anyone who sees your posts has a guess as to why.

In response to antivaccine lobbyists being paid, you posted some nonsense about Texas and that there are 480 vaccine websites. As if those 480 websites were all paying antivaccine lobbyists in Colorado. Again, moving goalpost and defecting ... we go from Texas to websites to Colorado. back to what was actually asked:

Are there or are there not paid antivaccine lobbyists descending in to Colorado and speaking, not local parents? Care to back up an answer to that with an actual FACT?

Your parental rights are over YOUR child. I do not dictate what medical care your child gets, and you do not dictate what medical care MY child gets. It's very. very. simple.

If anyone is so immunocompromised that they will die if they get sick, they need to stay home. If it's that critical that is just plain common sense. In fact it's medical negligence to trot them out into public. And any ER/dr you are seeing? Should have a plan in place for your child for visits.

You agree that if parents choose an alternate vaccine schedule, doctors should accommodate it? Oh, except for varicalla, which should be forced mandatory vaccination for the entire world.

Freedom. Choice. There are people against our right to freedom in this very thread.

Old 05-02-2019, 06:20 AM

Quote:
No one is invalidating the death of any child, including those who die from vaccine preventable diseases, and the number that do is many orders of magnitude higher than those who have any serious adverse reaction to vaccines..
Do you believe that vaccines have killed children or adults who have received them?

Old 05-02-2019, 06:25 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,785,220 times
Quote:
Some of us care about all kids, not just our own.

What a terrible thing to say. We all care about kids, not just our own.

Old 05-02-2019, 06:26 AM

15,547 posts, read 10,539,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Do you believe that vaccines have killed children or adults who have received them?
Do you believe that preventable diseases have killed children and adults? I know they have. Do you know anyone who has lost their hearing because of measles/mumps? I do. Do you know anyone who is messed up because they had polio as a child? I do. Vaccinations are lifesavers.

Old 05-02-2019, 06:27 AM

37,181 posts, read 41,377,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
That is what happens when unchecked illegal aliens are allowed to storm our border, by the millions. They are not mentioning the Leprosy discovered in mass.
The countries to the south of us vaccinate their citizens. Illegal aliens are not bringing in measles and mumps. In fact, Mexico has only one case of measles this year - imported by an American. Costa Rica has a family of six cases. Yep, Americans, all unvaccinated. Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador have none.

No leprosy. Choose better news sources.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...y-not-smallpox

"Health authorities in Mexico City, where thousands of migrants are now camped, have found no evidence of leprosy or TB."

Stay away from armadillos, though.

https://www.aad.org/public/diseases/...seases/leprosy

https://www.hrsa.gov/hansens-disease/index.html

Old 05-02-2019, 06:27 AM

10,254 posts, read 6,346,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
Hair changes from birth to 6 months to a year old to two years old to three years old, etc. Even the color of.

My 2nd was born with zero pigment in his hair. It was literally see-through. He ended up blonde around the age of 1. He ended up a dark blond around the age of of 2.5 years old. Darker every year since. Now has dark brown hair at 17. Not caused by a vaccination. Genetics. Still has the same bright blue eyes he was born with.

Do you have a link to "autism hair"? I googled...couldn't find a thing.

Yes. I find that VERY hard to believe. For one to have been "expelled" from med school for not "lying to parents of vaccine-injured children that it could not have been due to the vax".

You ain't that involved while in med school. Not back in the 80's and not even today.

Hair changes.

Skin changes.

I watched a little spot grow in to a "Marilyn" on my youngest's face.

I watched my middle child go from blonde to chestnut brown. From silky cornsilk to curly brillo pad.

No autism.

So now it's aluminum that causes autism?

My kids' pediatrician(s) told me, back in 1999, when so many swore that the MMR caused autism.... that they already KNEW that ever single one of the kids in their practice, who were eventually dx'd with autism when the child was older ot was more obvious, showed signs of having an issue/autism very early on.

The parents just didn't want to hear that little Jackie didn't make eye contact, didn't like to be touched, wasn't meeting normal milestones.... early signs of autism or some point on the "spectrum".

So the parents had to find something to blame.

They chose to blame a vaccination.

Aluminum salts, such as Aluminum Hydroxide is the "aluminum" that is used in vaccinations. It's also in OTC antacids.

Have an infant with reflux? You get an OTC liquid antacid. All 3 of mine have dealt with that. Didn't give one of my 3 changes in hair or autism.

Aluminum pots/pans?

Please.

If the MMR or any other vaccination caused autism, all would be autistic.

And what about those who are both unvaccinated and autistic?
I thought that aluminum pots and pans study was a very long time ago. 1970. Alzheimers risk. Long before any Jenny or Wakefield.

aluminum - pans - cookware - health risk - Alzheimers

The leap from this must have been to aluminum in vaccines. Never heard of it related to Autism, but to Alzheimers. Is it in Flu Shots? Which age group has the highest rates of Flu Vaccination? Elderly. Just playing Devil's Advocate here. The reason I don't get Flu Shots isn't because of fear of Alzheimers, or anything else in any vaccine.

Old 05-02-2019, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Some of us care about all kids, not just our own.
What a demented thing to say. Seriously. SMH.

Old 05-02-2019, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I thought that aluminum pots and pans study was a very long time ago. 1970. Alzheimers risk. Long before any Jenny or Wakefield.

aluminum - pans - cookware - health risk - Alzheimers

The leap from this must have been to aluminum in vaccines. Never heard of it related to Autism, but to Alzheimers. Is it in Flu Shots? Which age group has the highest rates of Flu Vaccination? Elderly. Just playing Devil's Advocate here. The reason I don't get Flu Shots isn't because of fear of Alzheimers, or anything else in any vaccine.

https://anh-usa.org/our-children-at-...tifled-debate/

As for the safety of vaccines, the scientific community is far from “nearly unanimous.” Many doctors and researchers have raised serious concerns about vaccine ingredients. Aluminum, for example, is a well-documented neurotoxin linked with Alzheimer’s disease, dialysis encephalopathy, epilepsy, asthma, sarcoidosis, hyperactivity, and Down’s syndrome, yet it’s been added to vaccines since the 1930’s to help jolt the body’s immune system into action.

Safety testing proving aluminum adjuvants are safe has never been done.

The national vaccine schedule has also not been rigorously evaluated for safety. This was the determination not of some “anti-vaxxer” group, but of the National Academy of Medicine (formerly the Institute of Medicine), which advises the government on issues relating to medicine and health. In a 2013 report, the Academy concluded that “key elements of the schedule—the number, frequency, timing, order, and age at administration of vaccines—have not been systematically examined in research studies.”

To put this in perspective, the FDA says aluminum in IV feeding bags must not exceed 25 micrograms per liter, and that even smaller amounts (5 micrograms/kg bodyweight/day) pose dangers to premature babies.

The FDA’s position seems to be that infants should not be exposed to more than 5 micrograms of injected aluminum from an IV, but that it is safe for them to be exposed to a dose of 366 micrograms of injected aluminum in a DTaP vaccine, or sometimes more than 1,000 micrograms of aluminum when multiple shots are given in one day. This makes no sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies