Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 09:46 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Allegations not yet substantiated. The government declined to participate in the suit.

Old 04-26-2019, 09:48 PM

623 posts, read 233,916 times
https://vactruth.com/2015/09/03/coll...tion-policies/
https://www.insidehighered.com/news/...llege-students

Good information on 2nd one.

Old 04-26-2019, 09:56 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,232,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.R.I.O.N View Post
[url]https://www.nvic.org/NVIC-Vaccine-News/February-2011/College-Bound---Navigating-Vaccine-Choices.aspx[/url]

This says colleges have to abide by state law UNLESS its a private college....that makes sense of course...good tips on getting around the vaccine requirements as well.
Right, but many private colleges will enforce state vaccination mandates, and (as private institutions) are under no obligation to honor vaccine exemptions. I say this as one who was raised vaccine-free: there will likely come a point where your children are faced with vaccination being essentially necessary. For me it was in college, for my brothers it was in the military; vaccine exemptions mean nothing at that point. It’s a whole different ball of wax with college (public or private) because post-secondary education is not compulsory; you don’t play by their rules, you don’t go. Period.

Last edited by Ginge McFantaPants; 04-26-2019 at 10:06 PM..

Old 04-26-2019, 10:06 PM

21,475 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
You need to change your thread title. Caltech is not one of the colleges with a quarantine. California, progressive as they think they are, did not require MMR vaccine for college students until 2017, just one school year ago, and that just for incoming students. There are probably lots of unimmunized/underimmunized students at California colleges.
https://www.insidehighered.com/news/...llege-students

Why is it considered "fear" to want to prevent a disease which can cause: inflammation of the testicles (orchitis) in males who have reached puberty; this may lead to a decrease in testicular size (testicular atrophy)
inflammation of the ovaries (oophoritis) and/or breast tissue (mastitis)
inflammation in the pancreas (pancreatitis)
inflammation of the brain (encephalitis)
inflammation of the tissue covering the brain and spinal cord (meningitis)
deafness
??
https://www.healthyhearing.com/repor...d-hearing-loss
https://www.cdc.gov/mumps/about/complications.html

I think it's good sense to avoid this disease.
I had the mumps as a child, and even though I was only five years old I still remember it as being the sickest I ever felt. And it’s supposed to be much worse if you’re older when you get it. The problem with most anti-Vaxxers is that they are too young or never experienced some of these diseases. And they are not thinking about what happens to their kids who grow up only to be exposed to diseases that have largely disappeared until now, when it’s the most dangerous age for an adult to get it. I can’t believe how many people there are that refuse vaccines for their kids.

Old 04-26-2019, 10:16 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
1. I am not shocked you are a leftist totalitarian since I have seen some of your other picks
2. If ALL these other people are vaccinated against a disease why does it matter if someone else is not vaccinated? You would be safe from it IF you really want to trust a vaccine.....
Your children aren't vaccinated so they aren't safe from any vax preventable disease and not even from those who were vaccinated due to efficacy rates of, which is nothing new and not exactly shocking.

Most of those who rail against vaccinations rely on the kindness of strangers who vaccinate their children to keep their unvaccinated "safe".

That "movement" of the mis-informed/paranoid is WHY measles & mumps are making a comeback in the US.

Old 04-26-2019, 10:19 PM

623 posts, read 233,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
Your children aren't vaccinated so they aren't safe from any vax preventable disease and not even from those who were vaccinated due to efficacy rates of, which is nothing new and not exactly shocking.

Most of those who rail against vaccinations rely on the kindness of strangers who vaccinate their children to keep their unvaccinated "safe".

That "movement" of the mis-informed/paranoid is WHY measles & mumps are making a comeback in the US.
I depend on our strong immune systems that are what NATURE intended us to have not immune systems compromised by poisonous vaccines so we are stuck on an ENDLESS cycle of medicine and doctors visits which just makes big pharma richer and us sicker. The reason this MINOR rash is coming back is because the country is being flooded with invaders from 3rd world countries that don't have clean water or sanitation which is why disease spreads to begin with. It also helps we live in a city/county that has VERY FEW foreigners and therefore less of a chance of running into someone with disease. I just hope it stays that way for many reasons.

Old 04-26-2019, 10:29 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
https://www.nvic.org/NVIC-Vaccine-Ne...e-Choices.aspx

This says colleges have to abide by state law UNLESS its a private college....that makes sense of course...good tips on getting around the vaccine requirements as well.
That's from 2011.

Old 04-26-2019, 10:37 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Why do we have it now? Because people more Americans are stupidly refusing to vaccinate.
To be fair and I am 100% pro vaccine, big Pharmaceutical doesn't gives us a reason to trust them. When you can buy medication manufactured in the USA , from Canada, cheaper than you can buy it in the area it was made, something is wrong.

When several years after a drug is in the market place we find out that it causes cancer, or mental illness, you lose faith in that company.

People dont trust them because our politicians are standing in line to get in big pharm's pocket. It's hard to trust a business that makes more money from treatment than cures.

Old 04-26-2019, 11:21 PM

Quote:
1. I am not shocked you are a leftist totalitarian since I have seen some of your other picks
2. If ALL these other people are vaccinated against a disease why does it matter if someone else is not vaccinated? You would be safe from it IF you really want to trust a vaccine.....
Because there are people who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons, including infants too young and people with immune deficiencies. For a small percentage the vaccine does not provide protection.

Quote:
Wanting to FORCE people to get vaccines...yep leftist totalitarian. Go look at who votes to REMOVE choice from parents in these states that take away vaccine choice....99% are democrats. Next they will tell parents they HAVE to circumcise their children and will start kidnapping children who aren't vaccinated...that's the slipper slope we are on...
No one will force you to vaccinate. You just may not be able to send your kids to school. Deal with it.

Quote:
https://www.nvic.org/NVIC-Vaccine-Ne...e-Choices.aspx

It may not be so "private" if it accepts any government funding at all.

Old 04-26-2019, 11:30 PM

Quote:
I depend on our strong immune systems that are what NATURE intended us to have not immune systems compromised by poisonous vaccines so we are stuck on an ENDLESS cycle of medicine and doctors visits which just makes big pharma richer and us sicker. The reason this MINOR rash is coming back is because the country is being flooded with invaders from 3rd world countries that don't have clean water or sanitation which is why disease spreads to begin with. It also helps we live in a city/county that has VERY FEW foreigners and therefore less of a chance of running into someone with disease. I just hope it stays that way for many reasons.
The "minor disease" can maim and kill, That is why there is a vaccine for it. If vaccines are poisonous why isn't 90% of the country dead?

"Invaders from 3rd world countries that don't have clean water or sanitation" did not cause the current measles and mumps outbreaks. Travelers to or from first world countries did.

If your family and friends do not vaccinate just need to hope none of them travel out of the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies