Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2019, 02:42 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,690,797 times

Advertisements

Have you noticed this post is not getting much attention? Trump is just fine with taking the food out of an American hero's child's mouth. How else would he be able to pay for all the tax breaks he gave the richest people? BTW, during Trump's first term he will have piled on another $11 trillion dollars onto the national debt.

Trump's tariffs. Just another word for taxes on the consumer. That's means you and me. As a result of Trump's tariffs thousands of famers are now out of business or on the verge of bankruptcy. Trump's tariffs have caused many retailed prices to go soaring. Trump's swamp creatures want you to look at the stock market while your grocery bill is skyrocketing. A Ford F150 now $50k...thanks for nothing Demented Don.

Another little known increase is the VA medication under Demented Don. New rule is that all 90 day meds are now $24. Ain't that grand? Especially when you find out that medication could have been bought at Wmart for less than $10. Not to mention that most drug stores now have $4 copays on generics. I thought the idea was to help veterans. It is, but not under Demented Donald Trump.

Most Americans now paying higher income taxes. You say you got a nice return this year? Don't hold your breath for more tax returns in the future. Corps and the rich got a permanent decrease but for the working people it's only temporary.

I guess the reason this post has gotten little attention is that it is very difficult to support a president who takes the food out of a child's mouth. However, Trump did get lots of practice at hurting children with his barbaric immigration rules.

DUMP TRUMP NOW!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2019, 05:31 PM

609 posts, read 303,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
Most Americans now paying higher income taxes.
Wrong. Almost no one is paying higher income taxes. The people who didn't get a tax break are primarily 1) those who paid next to none to begin with and 2) those with high incomes or real estate in high tax states (mostly the rich).

Old 04-28-2019, 06:30 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post

We are not discussing a US servicemember killed in action.
This article is about a service member who was killed in action...his family.

Quote:
Most Americans now paying higher income taxes. You say you got a nice return this year? Don't hold your breath for more tax returns in the future. Corps and the rich got a permanent decrease but for the working people it's only temporary.

I guess the reason this post has gotten little attention is that it is very difficult to support a president who takes the food out of a child's mouth. However, Trump did get lots of practice at hurting children with his barbaric immigration rules.

DUMP TRUMP NOW!
So how much more are you taking home every paycheck since this tax law went into effect? See the difference?

I can bet the reason why this post is receiving little attention is because SBP is something many who are not connected to the military do not quite understand. Or how the whole world of that works.
In the end we can thank our elected officials who actually make the laws for putting this crap in for their benefit. https://themontanapost.com/blog/2019...military-kids/

There are a couple of senators who are proposing things to change.

Old 04-28-2019, 06:36 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
“ because recipients can’t double-dip, the VA benefit and the military benefit are offset – meaning that if survivors chooses to put both the VA benefit and the DOD benefit in their name, then they’ll see a one dollar reduction in their SBP for every one dollar they receive from their DIC plan.” To get around the Widow’s Tax, survivors can put their SBP in their child’s name, and for years it was a reliable workaround.

And now you know the rest of the story.

Old 04-29-2019, 02:35 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,741,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Do not blame the president. Money does not grow on trees.
When the Democratic controlled cities stop wasting Federal Funding in the form of free bees to loafers
maybe, just maybe the government won't have to reach into the pockets of the middle class to cover the costs.
And maybe if politicians weren't needlessly allowed to spend taxpayer money to put in 43K private phone booths (Scott Pruitt) or buy 31k dining sets (Ben Carson) & there was more oversight to the waste & politicians didn't feel entitled when they were appointed or elected, they could get their greedy little hands OUT of the pockets of the middle class. We all know THAT won't happen though.

Old 04-29-2019, 06:10 AM

1,280 posts, read 1,396,067 times
The cognitive dissonance must be almost overwhelming here. If Bernie Sanders proposed a tax restructure that raised the income tax on trust fund babies with no earned income and cut out a loophole people were using to avoid income taxes the outraged people in this thread would be cheering. But since it happened under Trump they find an edge case that allows them to shout "Orange Man Bad!"

Old 04-29-2019, 06:11 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
https://taskandpurpose.com/trump-tax-cut-widows

It seems no one was spared except the wealthy. Trump said “I just made you very rich”, probably the only time he has told the truth.

It’s disgraceful widow/widowers would have to pay any taxes on the survivor benefits, but even more that they raised the rate to pay for trumps tax cuts.
"Military widows and widowers who put their benefits in their child's name"

Now, who do you think advised them to do that, and WHY?

WITHOUT the who and why leaves out a lot of important info need to form an educated opinion on the article.

"The devil is ALWAYS in the DETAILS"

Old 04-29-2019, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
How were the wealthy spared? Their formerly unlimited SALT (State And Local Tax) deduction was limited to just $10,000. They pay WAY more than $10,000 in SALT taxes and must now pay federal income tax on that extra amount, too.

California example...
Wealthy Taxpayers Screaming About Lost Deductions Under Trump Tax "Cuts"

See what happened there?

The SALT tax deduction she took on her Fed Gov 1040 for...

2017: $245,500
2018: just $10,000

Come on, folks... don't just parrot the left's intentionally deceptive propaganda. Actually THINK about what you're being told and learn to recognize when it's a LIE. /smh

"Come on, folks... don't just parrot the left's intentionally deceptive propaganda. Actually THINK about what you're being told and learn to recognize when it's a LIE"

Never going to happen. As was said, "The TRUTH? You (they) can't HANDLE the TRUTH!"

Old 04-29-2019, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Says the poster collecting SS and medicare. And no you didn't "pay into" either.

"Says the poster collecting SS and medicare. And no you didn't "pay into" either."

Really? Prove it!

Old 04-29-2019, 06:55 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Have you noticed this post is not getting much attention?
Just to clarify, this is an issue that could very well impact me, but I think people, including myself, need to look at this objectively before they start ranting that they are being mistreated. I’m only going to respond to the on topic parts....
Quote:
Trump is just fine with taking the food out of an American hero's child's mouth.
That is misconstruing the issue. The tax code itself got changed so rich people could no longer hide income by putting it in their child’s name - such trusts now get taxed at the 28% level. This was a highly supported change by the Democrats. Unfortunately, but understandably, when a deceased service member’s widow remarries they lose their DIC benefit. However, fortunately the rules allow that benefit can be transferred to the service member’s minor children, just like the children automatically receive it if the parents were never married or divorced. All a good thing so far, right? The problem is legally those DIC payments to minor children are considered to be in the same category as those childrens’ trusts that the “rich” were hiding their money in, which meant they owed taxes at the 28% instead of at their surviving parent’s or guardian’s tax rate. This generally meant they went from paying little to no taxes on the DIC to owing almost a third of the payment.

The worst part of this debacle is it was totally unexpected by everyone, including the VA, who did not take out the taxes monthly. Some of the parents or guardians literally did not have the money to pay it. It was not done intentionally and guess who needs to fix it? If you said Trump, you are wrong. Congress needs to simply legally reclassify the DIC payments, I would be shocked to the core of my soul if Trump (or any president) didn’t sign that bill, and it would solve the issue by making them exempt from trust taxes.

Quote:
Another little known increase is the VA medication under Demented Don. New rule is that all 90 day meds are now $24. Ain't that grand? Especially when you find out that medication could have been bought at Wmart for less than $10. Not to mention that most drug stores now have $4 copays on generics. I thought the idea was to help veterans. It is, but not under Demented Donald Trump.
People who get their drugs from the VA always have the option of requesting a hard copy prescription if the drug fits in the Walmart $10 category or it is a medication that runs under that amount anyway. I’m sorry, paying $8/month for your medication is not outrageous.

The drug stores don’t have $4 co-pays on medications, insurance companies decide on co-pays. There are medications that simply cost in the under $7-8 range and Walmart has made them $4, whether you have insurance or not. One of the medications that controls my heart rate fits in that category, it is cheaper for me to just outright buy it than get it using Tricare.
Quote:
I guess the reason this post has gotten little attention is that it is very difficult to support a president who takes the food out of a child's mouth.
Or perhaps, the widow part is about double dipping, and doesn’t deserve outrage once there is a fuller picture, and the chidren’s part was an unfortunate oversight, along with being something Congress needs to fix outside of the tax bill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies