Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2019, 07:47 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,986,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
No one can argue that getting the money and corruption out of the system is anything but beneficial. The evil turtle man denounced this for reasons that we do not have to wonder about.
It was killed for the expanded voting rights.

Some of this has some merit and if they could agree somewhere in the middle, such as with gerrymandering, this could actually get passed. But polar opposites will never meet in the middle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2019, 03:50 PM

35,071 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
It's a massive bill which I of course haven't read all of. I'm just going through the early sections and have a couple of questions. Do you agree with them that it is the governments responsibility to ensure everyone is registered to vote? Voting isn't mandatory, why should registration be mandatory? And if registration is govt responsibility - registration is mandatory.

Do you agree that 16 years olds should be registered to vote? 2 years ahead of when they can vote?

The goals of this bill are very transparent.
I think that all people should be allowed to vote, with some qualification. I think we need fairly administered literacy and civics tests. People should only vote if they understand what they are being asked to vote on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies