Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2019, 07:54 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,926,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
There are plenty of natural cures. There is no money to be made with natural cures and the cancer industry is worth billions of dollars. I always laugh at people who think this is some kind of "conspiracy theory." Do you really think an industry worth billions (if not trillions) of dollars is going to let the empire that has been built by Big Pharma topple over some inexpensive natural cure? It greases so many wheels. But people will continue buying into the scam of the cancer industrial complex.

I do think the discussion about many cancers being parasitic, fungal, etc. in nature is an interesting one. One of the strongest anti-cancer herbs I have researched is wormwood. So this information about this "cure for cancer" would fall along those lines. If you want to research stuff that really works, and stuff that will not kill you like chemo, then look further into some of these natural remedies for cancer treatment:

1. Avoid sugar. Cancer loves sugar.

2. Avoid aspartame and "diet" drinks.

3. Drink plenty of water from a good quality water filter that removes all of the bad stuff including fluoride.

4. Avoid gluten

5. Avoid processed foods/eat whole natural foods

6. Lots of turmeric mixed with black pepper

7. Lots of garlic

8. Wormwood/Cloves/Black walnut hull combo used intermittently

9. Good quality CBD oil

10. Good quality fish/krill oil

11. Chlorella/Spirulina combo

There are plenty of others to add to the list.......
You forgot to include Snake Oil
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2019, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

I would bet that there is a strong correlation from those who eat organic foods and use herbal medicines to belief in global warming.

Hawkeye, you and i have disagreed about global warming, and I would dispute your above statement. Those who reject global warming theory are mostly anti-science types who might also be prone to embrace unproven, unscientific tropes such as organic foods. For example, they won't believe the scientists that tell them there is no difference between an organic vitamin and a synthetic one.

Old 04-29-2019, 08:01 AM

18,429 posts, read 8,258,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I "understand" what they found and find it interesting.
It's not host specific....the host does not matter...it works exactly the same way it works on parasites

Old 04-29-2019, 08:12 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Hawkeye, you and i have disagreed about global warming, and I would dispute your above statement. Those who reject global warming theory are mostly anti-science types who might also be prone to embrace unproven, unscientific tropes such as organic foods. For example, they won't believe the scientists that tell them there is no difference between an organic vitamin and a synthetic one.

Well Leo- I think you are the exception to the rule, as you actually have experience in science and understand it.

I can certainly appreciate a difference of opinion in someone who can read the scientific literature critically and just come to a different conclusion.

Old 04-29-2019, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
I'm not going to continue debating this with you...

you refuse to read the study...refuse to try and understand what they found and how it works
To quote from the Nature paper: ".....may be evaluated as a potential therapeutic agent because of its effect on multiple cellular pathways leading to effective elimination of cancer cells."

Key words here being "may" and "potential". Hawkeye is correct: this would never be approved to treat cancer in humans without controlled clinical (meaning, in human) trials comparing the new treatment to the standard of care, and showing statistically significant benefit.

Old 04-29-2019, 08:31 AM

2,923 posts, read 977,125 times
if there is ever a real cure for cancer the world will need to implement full blown population control....there are already wayyyyyyyyyy too many people.

Old 04-29-2019, 08:43 AM

18,429 posts, read 8,258,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
To quote from the Nature paper: ".....may be evaluated as a potential therapeutic agent because of its effect on multiple cellular pathways leading to effective elimination of cancer cells."

Key words here being "may" and "potential". Hawkeye is correct: this would never be approved to treat cancer in humans without controlled clinical (meaning, in human) trials comparing the new treatment to the standard of care, and showing statistically significant benefit.

"The results, in conjunction with our earlier data, suggest that FZ is a new microtubule interfering agent that displays anti-neoplastic activity and "........."...may be evaluated as a potential therapeutic agent because of its effect on multiple cellular pathways leading to effective elimination of cancer cells."

They are saying it may be evaluated as a treatment....they are not saying it didn't work

"Results
FZ destabilizes tubulin network in human NSCLC cells"

They are not being ambiguous or wishy washy about it.....they say it flat out....

"Altogether, our findings show microtubule disruption, p53 stabilization and interference with glucose metabolism as collective underlying mechanisms of FZ induced preferential elimination of cancer cells both in vitro and in vivo."

Old 04-29-2019, 08:57 AM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
You want people to be given whatever looks promising in the lab, before testing in clinical trials to establish safety and efficacy in humans?

No. I want people to have the choice to try it. My sister has MS. She wanted to try Tysabri but it wasn't approved at the time. She would have been able to afford it, and wanted to have the choice, but that wasn't allowed.

I would also like it if, once approved, it didn't shoot up in price making it completely unaffordable for most people.

Tysabri was not approved by the FDA until 2006. Well, I should say it was approved, then not approved, and then reapproved.

Of course, because the FDA is involved, it now costs almost $30,000 a year for treatment.

So guess what? Most insurance will not cover it despite the fact that it can and has worked very well on many MS patients.

That's not "conspiracy", that's what actually happens.

Old 04-29-2019, 09:23 AM

16,550 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
...fine this under "other controversies"...and possibly the greatest news in our lifetime

If this pans out....and it seems to have already worked, at least on some cancers....
...wouldn't this be the greatest news ever!...and too important not to let everyone know asap

In one study they introduced cancer cells to mice...but in this one group..the cells almost immediately died off...they couldn't introduce cancer to that group of mice
...that group of mice had worms...and had been treated with Fenbendazole/Panacur

In another case....someone had small cell lung cancer....given less than 3 weeks to live
..self treated with Fenbendazole...and now is cancer free

..and Fenbendazole is extremely safe to take..even at high doses

Google "Fenbendazole cancer".....there's a lot of literature on the internet about it

...it might not work for all cancers...but the way it's described as working would apply to all cancers

You can buy it over the counter..patents have run out....so it's also inexpensive

.....we might be on the cusp of the greatest discovery of our lifetime

====
Fenbendazole acts as a moderate microtubule destabilizing agent and causes cancer cell death by modulating multiple cellular pathways

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-018-30158-6

=====
Anti-Worm drug, Fenbendazole, effective at killing cancer cells

https://www.canceractive.com/article...cancer%20cells
There are several promising lines of research/Tx that could make major inroads in the Tx of cancer. Some do cross across many forms of this dreaded disease.

If Fenbendazole does turn out to be such a drug, as you aptly put it, a discovery by accident.
Heck Fleming discover Penicillin by accident via a contaminated dish/slide. He almost threw it away until it dawned on him what he might have, thus discovered by accident.

`

Old 04-29-2019, 11:30 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I should have been clearer. I'm talking about for people who have no insurance. Amoxicillin is probably not the best example. Zithromax might be better because I think it's costlier. Amoxicillin I think you might be able to get from Walmart for little money.

And fish antibiotics are kind of regulated since they're the same drugs but in different bottling.
Zith is like $25 without insurance.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies