Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2019, 08:07 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,754,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
And yet people like this guy and others who wrote to him, aren't given those promising agents - only death sentences.
You want people to be given whatever looks promising in the lab, before testing in clinical trials to establish safety and efficacy in humans?

Quote:
Back in the 1950's they linked rheumatoid arthritis to bacteria and did nothing with that. Now there are some docs treating RA and other autoimmune diseases and researchers are still telling them it won't work even though they have patients saying otherwise.
Almost anything might "work" if someone believes it will. The placebo effect is real and not yet well understood.

Quote:
If we wait around for research to be accepted and Big Pharma to invent new diseases so cures won't impact their bottom line - we'll all be dead.
Yep, we need to wait around for research to be accepted. The scientific method can be frustrating, but it really is the way to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2019, 08:09 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,815,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
This has been known since 2008....What's the hold up?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2687140/
The study explains what the problem is.... the med itself did not inhibit tumor growth, but using a mix of vitamins did, and they don't know why.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-28-2019, 08:16 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,815,517 times
Quote:
This is why I hate Big Pharma. You can buy the same antibiotics for fish and they're the same exact meds you get with a prescription at much higher prices.

I'm telling you now that this getting more traction - watch the FDA step in and say you cannot buy these without vet prescriptions - and that's if they continue allowing it to be sold for pets.
Amoxicillin without insurance is about $10 for a 10 day supply. Fish version is $29 (not sure the dose conversion).

And while I would take fish anitbiotics if I had no other options or some sort of emergency, they are unregulated, so you take your chances.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-28-2019, 08:19 PM

12,031 posts, read 6,563,490 times
Since doctors won’t prescribe it for cancer, how would someone know how much to take?

Old 04-28-2019, 08:34 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,598,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
You want people to be given whatever looks promising in the lab, before testing in clinical trials to establish safety and efficacy in humans?

Almost anything might "work" if someone believes it will. The placebo effect is real and not yet well understood.

Yep, we need to wait around for research to be accepted. The scientific method can be frustrating, but it really is the way to go.

I think that's a hell of a lot better than sending people home to die. You're concerned about *safety* when someone has been given three months to live. Lose a spouse to cancer and get back to me.

I don't trust *research* or the FDA or Big Pharma. You know what I trust? Doctors who do their own damn research and actually cure people based on what they're doing. And they're out there to be found.

Old 04-28-2019, 08:37 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,598,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Amoxicillin without insurance is about $10 for a 10 day supply. Fish version is $29 (not sure the dose conversion).

And while I would take fish anitbiotics if I had no other options or some sort of emergency, they are unregulated, so you take your chances.
I should have been clearer. I'm talking about for people who have no insurance. Amoxicillin is probably not the best example. Zithromax might be better because I think it's costlier. Amoxicillin I think you might be able to get from Walmart for little money.

And fish antibiotics are kind of regulated since they're the same drugs but in different bottling.

Old 04-28-2019, 08:54 PM

20,862 posts, read 9,521,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
"organic foods" are a scam. There has been no proven health benefits to organic food in multiple studies. The only "benefit" is to the producers, as they cost a lot more.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/no-...-organic-food/

I would bet that there is a strong correlation from those who eat organic foods and use herbal medicines to belief in global warming.

Some herbals actually have weak defined medical action; however, most of the herbals sold have little or none of the "drug" being sold. If they do have the advertised "medicine", the amount is all over the map and is mostly filler.
Yes, organic foods are going to be better for you. Why? Because processed food, in general, is the fundamental cause of much of what (medically) ails modern humans:

The western diet and lifestyle and diseases of civilization
Quote:
Abstract: It is increasingly recognized that certain fundamental changes in diet and lifestyle that occurred after the Neolithic Revolution, and especially after the Industrial Revolution and the Modern Age, are too recent, on an evolutionary time scale, for the human genome to have completely adapted. This mismatch between our ancient physiology and the western diet and lifestyle underlies many so-called diseases of civilization, including coronary heart disease, obesity, hypertension, type 2 diabetes, epithelial cell cancers, autoimmune disease, and osteopo-rosis, which are rare or virtually absent in hunter–gatherers and other non-westernized popula-tions. It is therefore proposed that the adoption of diet and lifestyle that mimic the beneficial characteristics of the preagricultural environment is an effective strategy to reduce the risk of chronic degenerative diseases.

Old 04-28-2019, 10:01 PM

37,106 posts, read 41,233,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
All of us have lost people we love to this horrible disease.
So have the people who are researching new cures for cancer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
Nothing to see here. All the drugs mentioned are too cheap to be investigated as a cure for cancer by the "health care" industry. If it was cheap to cure cancer how would the cancer doctors and pharmaceutical executives make enough money to get by?
They will move on to something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
no...it wasn't known...it was observed in 2008

Trial studies take many years....this one took a decade...and was finally written up, peer reviewed, and published

Published: 09 August 2018
Fenbendazole acts as a moderate microtubule destabilizing agent and causes cancer cell death by modulating multiple cellular pathways
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-018-30158-6

Problem is this....there is absolutely no money in this....drug trials are all about getting some new drug out there....thank God these guys in India found the funding to do this...and thank God they showed it really does work.....at least on mice, they studied it's effect on cancer in mice...human trials are way to expensive and controls are way to hard
...but....
What they describe would work on any other animal..including humans...the host has nothing to do with the cancer pathway they describe

These benzimidazole compounds are all way past their use by date...no one has the patents any more...and they are so common anyone can get them....they are used to deworm everything from fish, to dogs, to cattle/sheep, birds....even people...and are extremely safe at almost any dose.

It's sold as Panacur..and you can also buy the raw white powder in bulk....

It would do no good for any pharmaceutical company to try and tweak it for humans....the same drug is used for animals...and there's way too many companies making money on it for animals
...the can't shut down the drug for animals...so making a more expensive drug for people won't work
Hogwash. Human studies are done all the time. They are neither "way to expensive" nor the "controls are way to hard". If it works someone will market it. The people supplying it to vets can do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Yes, organic foods are going to be better for you. Why? Because processed food, in general, is the fundamental cause of much of what (medically) ails modern humans:

The western diet and lifestyle and diseases of civilization
Food processing has nothing to do with "organic". Organic food can be "processed", too, including canned and frozen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
It's a scam for you because you choose not to eat them. I prefer not to ingest pesticides and insecticides as well as food that has less nutrient value. I'll go with the Mayo Clinic on this one but hey, eat whatever you please.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...d/art-20043880
I don't think that article says what you think it does. "Organic" does not mean pesticide free.

Some foods are more likely to contain higher pesticide residues than others, with strawberries being number 1. Organic might be a better choice for those.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/20/healt...ist/index.html

Old 04-28-2019, 11:17 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,754,926 times
Quote:
I think that's a hell of a lot better than sending people home to die. You're concerned about *safety* when someone has been given three months to live. Lose a spouse to cancer and get back to me.
My condolences if you did lose your spouse.

I work with oncologists and know that they do the best they can. If I had cancer and an oncologist told me there were no more good treatment options, and my expected survival was about 3 months, I would accept palliative care and go out peacefully. I would not demand aggressive, untested drugs that in all likelihood would do nothing by make me sicker and more miserable during my last days and leave my family poorer.

Quote:
I don't trust *research* or the FDA or Big Pharma. You know what I trust? Doctors who do their own damn research and actually cure people based on what they're doing. And they're out there to be found.
Any doctor who says he has his own cancer cures based on his own research is a quack.

Old 04-28-2019, 11:46 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,624,662 times
Quote:
Surely, more companies will want to start selling those drugs. Selling it for $100 a pill would still make gobs of money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies