Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2019, 07:27 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Probably Ilhan Omar:

“Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel."
It started long before Omar, and it didn't start with only Muslims, I'm sure you've heard of Adolph Hitler.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2019, 07:32 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
That's off the grid stuff. These guys seem to be mainstreaming this crap...... I have never heard somebody talk like that in public. Do people really believe what this guy believes? How is that possible?
The NY Times just ran an anti-Semitic cartoon. Democrat US Representative Ilhan Omar is openly anti-Semitic and the Democrats refuse to censure her. The US left-wing is systematically mainstreaming the acceptance of anti-Semitism and radicalizing US society into the belief that anti-Semitism is politically correct and just. It's exactly what the Nazis did in the early 20th century. The progression:

1) Choose a scapegoat group
2) Malign the scapegoat group's character with stereotyped, though false, slurs repeated ad nauseam in the media
3) Ostracize the group
4) Systematically execute them.

The US is at stage 2 in the progression.

Old 04-29-2019, 07:33 AM

45,396 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Neo-Nazis, white supremacists, klansmen and other unaffiliated bigots/racists.

I seldom come across them, either.

But on rare occasions, I do and they feel free to speak up on their hateful rhetoric in small does in my presence, because I certainly fit the profile of a tRump supporter and likely bigot; old white guy who dresses in jeans and wears a ball cap most days.

Just not one of these hats.

They're out there and they have a network that promotes their hate and violence, not all that different from Al Qaeda or ISIS.

As you say, "Other":

Wright says 'Jews' keeping him from Obama - politics - White House | NBC News

Old 04-29-2019, 07:34 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
https://forward.com/fast-forward/423...inks-jews-are/

I really would like to know where these ideas come from that this young terrorist has. I don't come across anybody talking like this. Who are these people?

I literally know a handful of people in real life who think like this.

This is not a knock either specifically on right wingers, but all of them are conservative Libertarian leaning white men who only follow propaganda blogs for their "news" and live in a silo of this sort of xenophobia.

Sad thing is that 3 of these men, I've known since we were kids and they were not like this really until about 10 years ago. It is like they went of a crazy ride in media that made them have all these crazy views.

One of them actually told me he doesn't think Jewish people exist because he "doesn't know any Jews"

I asked him how does he know he doesn't since most people don't go around talking about their religion and many Jews are not "practicing" Jews. He didn't have an answer. Note, that I told him I know quite a few Jewish people due to my work (he works in a factory - I work in contracting/supply chain so a more professional environment). He was trying to convince me that "none" live in our area even though we do have Jewish temples and there is a history of Jewish people living in this area for over 150 years.

It is sad to me that so many people just refuse to use their brains and "think." It is also disturbing to me how many people fall into xenophobic views of others.

Old 04-29-2019, 07:38 AM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Blaming Trump is just not stupid but is also a lazy knee jerk reaction.

Do we need to remind people that Trump's favorite daughter married a Jewish guy, converted and they are raising their kids in the Jewish Faith.

You don't think that Trump has enough empathy to see his daughter and grand kids in that Temple and some loser bursts in with a gun?

When you think about mass shootings I tend to think that the shooters are inspired by the Left wing rhetoric. They are an angry bunch of people that have called for people to take to the streets in protest/ riots and they have promoted violence against Police officers, ICE agents and other authority figures.

We will never know the motives of the Las Vegas shooter but when you figure that most fans of country western music are Conservatives there is that angle to consider.

Who knows what inspires some loser to murder people but what we all know is that there is a lot of anger in this country today and it has risen from the ashes of Clinton's failed campaign and it is leveled at Trump.

Old 04-29-2019, 07:40 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Default You're reaching...

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Not exactly a relevant example.

Has there been a rash of incidents where black guys have been shooting up synagogues?

Has Wright been preaching murder and violence towards Jews, motivating attacks?

Or was it an offhand comment from years ago?

Old 04-29-2019, 07:41 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Yeah but who takes credit for both a synagogue and a mosque? Like nobody.

The guy's an attention junkie. His parents probably didn't tell him how special he was when he was toilet trained.

Too bad the border patrol guy missed.

Old 04-29-2019, 07:44 AM

5,900 posts, read 3,900,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Probably Ilhan Omar:

“Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel."
I don't know if Israel has hypnotized the world, but they've sure hypnotized our government which has no problem stealing my money to fund Israeli universal healthcare and their education system.

I thought Trump was supposed to put Americans First?

Old 04-29-2019, 07:45 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Same with Jesse Jackson and his "Hymie Town" (referring to NYC) incident.

Old 04-29-2019, 07:46 AM

45,396 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Not exactly a relevant example.

Has there been a rash of incidents where black guys have been shooting up synagogues?

Has Wright been preaching murder and violence towards Jews, motivating attacks?

Or was it an offhand comment from years ago?

Denial and deflection of course.

This has been ongoing, remember what I posted earlier? You do know about the AME denomination? Of course, since I've been retired for going on 5 years my observations are too far in the past.

My favorite was actually "why do Catholics deny Christ?". That and the kid my first year who asked me why Niger was misspelled on the map.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies