Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2019, 12:31 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,027,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Feel free to believe whatever you want, although they are not feeding you any information. The OP dug this up, and is feeding it to you as a conspiracy theory (which you are quick to believe, although there is zero evidence)
I don't need your permission to believe something, I also haven't claimed that I believed any of this theory but I do think it's worth exploring given the stuff that we do already know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2019, 12:44 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,146,343 times
Quote:
You are making the claim, so I am asking you back it up. The word "advertising" was very cleverly removed in the OP, and replaced with a conspiracy theory about something else.

What it your claim based on other than pure speculation?
It doesn't make any difference to me whether the advertising was mentioned or not.

It's fishy that during a long campaign season that donations would be made to Buzzfeed around the same time as the Steele Dossier was being put out for consumption.

Buzzfeed has been operating since 2006. Three major election seasons have passed. Those are the only advertising funds they have received... ever.

If you look at the FEC database, the types of groups that get that amount of money go out and do the legwork to place advertising. Buzzfeed does not have a service that does that.

The article below says in 2012 ...

BuzzFeed adapts its branded content approach to political advertising, and Obama’s in

But when you look in the FEC database, there are no payments directly to Buzzfeed for advertising - which means a group was paid to go to Buzzfeed and do the digital advertising.

In this case mentioned in the OP - Buzzfeed was paid directly - a large sum of money - to perform services which they do not do or to place ads at an outrageous cost. Does not pass the smell test.

I know I wasted my time on this with you - but I choose to go through some of the details every so often.

Last edited by DRob4JC; 04-29-2019 at 01:00 PM..

Old 04-29-2019, 01:28 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I know I wasted my time on this with you - but I choose to go through some of the details every so often.
I'm afraid so. Its a story made out of thin air.

Old 04-29-2019, 02:33 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,146,343 times
Quote:
I'm afraid so. Its a story made out of thin air.
The story is not made up. The money got paid. You may not like my take on it... but Buzzfeed received $1.5M from an PAC started by Obama personnel... that's an absolute fact via the FEC.

If you can prove otherwise - back it up.

Old 04-29-2019, 02:47 PM

5,978 posts, read 2,231,948 times
Dear Mr. Twitter user quoted by the OP.
If you want to be taken serious, you have to give yourself a name I can look at and not immediately laugh at for being stupid. Now if this was a comedic tweet then the name is appropriate.

And your doublewide dreaming? A real winner.
Ill wait until another more reliable source follows up.

Old 04-29-2019, 07:58 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The story is not made up. The money got paid. You may not like my take on it... but Buzzfeed received $1.5M from an PAC started by Obama personnel... that's an absolute fact via the FEC.

If you can prove otherwise - back it up.
Yes, to purchase advertising. Everything else about Steel Dossier etc is made out of thin air.

Why don't you attack Coors for buying advertisement space during the Super Bowl and insist they did it to bring communism to America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies