Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2019, 02:27 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,902,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Did I ever not approve of your message? How am I "jealous" of others? You've put A LOT of words in my mouth today. You deserve to be called out on your lies.

You called me a liar by claiming my past was fabricated. You obviously take issue with the things I say, and my recommending the trades to young people who are lost in this world. As I've mentioned, I'm done with you. I don't care to engage in an argument, which will only distract me from my work. Goodbye.

Old 04-29-2019, 02:27 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,293,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nedergras View Post
Which ones? The ones with skills/intelligence that's in demand? The ones with fraternity/sorority connections? Not all college grads are created equal.
True, but on average college grads fare better than non-grads, and the number of job opportunities for non-college grads continues to shrink, as another poster pointed out, because college graduates are much more likely to have better oral and verbal communication skills and needs for those skills transcends to virtually every field.

Last edited by Bureaucat; 04-29-2019 at 02:50 PM..

Old 04-29-2019, 02:30 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,833,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
A sincere, heartfelt thank you to all the leftist losers who shoveled everyone off to college. It's never been easier to find a job in the trades. We're talking $20-$60/hr jobs with some experience. Around here, they are having an incredibly hard time finding toolmakers to work in the auto plants. These jobs are wide open for the taking. But who even knows what a toolmaker is anymore? No competition whatsoever. And the illegals don't have the smarts for these jobs. Many of them are going to college to compete with the indoctrinated leftist crowd.

So thanks again for shoveling everyone off to college and making my life even easier

But I will say, it's getting very lonely in the trades. We could use a few more good people with a brain and good work ethic if we want to MAGA. Work hard and prosper, or not. The choice is yours to make.

Links to jobs ?

I'll move for a $60 an hour job. That's more than I make in accounting.

Old 04-29-2019, 02:32 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
A sincere, heartfelt thank you to all the leftist losers who shoveled everyone off to college. It's never been easier to find a job in the trades. We're talking $20-$60/hr jobs with some experience. Around here, they are having an incredibly hard time finding toolmakers to work in the auto plants. These jobs are wide open for the taking. But who even knows what a toolmaker is anymore? No competition whatsoever. And the illegals don't have the smarts for these jobs. Many of them are going to college to compete with the indoctrinated leftist crowd.

So thanks again for shoveling everyone off to college and making my life even easier

But I will say, it's getting very lonely in the trades. We could use a few more good people with a brain and good work ethic if we want to MAGA. Work hard and prosper, or not. The choice is yours to make.
Nah, you got fooled player.

The less work I do the more money I make. Work smart, not hard.

I learned that in college.

I find it humourous whenever someone suggests honest work like the trades, lazy leftist come storming in with a long list of excuses and whining about why it's a bad idea to pursue such a career. Their solution... Social programs, social engineering, basically the stuff the Nazis and Bolsheviks stood for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
Links to jobs ?

I'll move for a $60 an hour job. That's more than I make in accounting.
Do you have at least 10 years of experience working as a toolmaker? Most young people today don't even know what that is. It is well known that some plumbers, electricians, and some specialized tradesman earn that kind of money as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Nah, you got fooled player.

The less work I do the more money I make. Work smart, not hard.

I learned that in college.

That's bad advice for the average American. We would be in a great depression if everyone worked and thought that way. Our nation would be impotent and defenseless.

Sounds like a typical government worker.

Anyways, my stocks pay good dividends and returns, but I had to earn the money first to buy them. This is how I make money effortlessly, and it's good enough for me. Of course, if you read my posts you would know I have a small business. I have several sources of income, so I never have to worry. Again, this is plenty enough for me to be happy and fulfilled. We can't all be rich, I knew that from the beginning. Some of us have to work.

20,865 posts, read 9,532,948 times
Quote:

The notion that is was "liberals" who were pushing everybody to go to college is a joke. EVERYBODY for the past 50 years has been "pushing" people to go to college.

Old 04-29-2019, 02:35 PM

5,898 posts, read 3,899,147 times
Quote:
You called me a liar by claiming my past was fabricated. You obviously take issue with the things I say, and my recommending the trades to young people who are lost in this world. As I've mentioned, I'm done with you. I don't care to engage in an argument, which will only distract me from my work. Goodbye.
LOL! Now you're supposed to be working? Nobody would know it because you've been posting on here all day long. I smell another lie...

Old 04-29-2019, 02:37 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,833,833 times
Quote:
Do you have at least 10 years of experience working as a toolmaker? Most young people today don't even know what that is.

No but I would still like to see links.

CT is loaded with Tool and Die people and no salaries around here approach $60 an hour.

Old 04-29-2019, 02:44 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,035,483 times
Quote:

My boss asked me this profound question - Do you want to be stuck in a plant doing plc, automation or do you want to stay closer to the internet and enable them ?

No disrespect to the workers, but No wonder the conservative wackos are still trying to sell coal and factories to their base and denying scientific theories. ( And their followers who needlessly jibe at illegals or those who dont agree with them)

Old 04-29-2019, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
No but I would still like to see links.

CT is loaded with Tool and Die people and no salaries around here approach $60 an hour.

I'm not doing work for you for free. I really don't care if people on the internet believe me or not. I care about my own well being, and the well being of my family and nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
My boss asked me this profound question - Do you want to be stuck in a plant doing plc, automation or do you want to stay closer to the internet and enable them ?

No disrespect to the workers, but No wonder the conservative wackos are still trying to sell coal and factories to their base and denying scientific theories.

The left is prescribing social engineering, social suicide, illegals and feces everywhere, brainwashing and indoctrination. You think you guys have the answer? You are ill informed if you think the left has the answers for America. We will be a nation in decline for years to come if the mentally ill left ever gets control again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies