Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 06:27 AM

1,704 posts, read 804,442 times

Advertisements

Start now.

Don't make him famous.
Don't say his name.
Don't show his picture.

Make him a persona non grata.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2019, 06:28 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Reportedly a nurse asked the shooter’s father if he was familiar with autism.

Reportedly, nurse told father to read up on autism.

That sounds a tad bizarre.

Old 05-01-2019, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Crazy isn't it ? Why ? What is driving people to do these things ? We've had access, in in many cases , much easier access to the same types of weapons since the late 60's , so why , in the last 20 or so years have people decided to snap and kill as many others as they can ?
Every mass shooting seems to inspire the next.

Old 05-01-2019, 06:32 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
The younger generations were not prepared for real life and they keep snapping. Bad parenting, bad schooling and mental illness is the cause

Old 05-01-2019, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
How many kids are on college campuses?

What percentage do these whacked out students represent?

You obviously have studied this issue.....share you facts with us & findings.....

We do need to talk about mental illness and its impact on our society -- at colleges, churches, on the streets, in offices.

Remember the phrase 'going postal' -- pure American history there. Postal workers going crazy......spawned a saying.

It is important we address the mental health issues in this country.
What does “ address the mental health issues” mean?

Old 05-01-2019, 06:36 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,494,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
How many kids are on college campuses?

What percentage do these whacked out students represent?

You obviously have studied this issue.....share you facts with us & findings.....

We do need to talk about mental illness and its impact on our society -- at colleges, churches, on the streets, in offices.

Remember the phrase 'going postal' -- pure American history there. Postal workers going crazy......spawned a saying.

It is important we address the mental health issues in this country.
We used to have clear definitions of what constituted as a mental affliction.
We used to lock the insane up, quarantined from society if they were a genuine threat to themselves/others.
However, bipartisan support killed asylums. Liberals and conservatives both before I was born, are responsible.
Liberals-It infringes upon the rights of the afflicted to be "caged" up like animals.
Conservatives-We shouldn't collectively be paying for this, that is the responsibility of the patient/and/or their family.

Fast forward 30 years.
You've got cosmopolitan soccer mom's hopping their cherubs up on Ritalin and psychotropic drugs, raising them with video games, smart phones, tablets, social media, the school, sitting around a granite island slamming down boxed wine cackling about who's kid has the most "disorders" or "disabilities" as if it's a competition to see who's kid is the most misunderstood because Muh ADD/ADHD anxiety processing skills autism etc.

I'm not saying those disorders are not legitimate. I do question the validity of the volume of those with those disorders. I read an interesting article pertaining to France once, and how the doctors there diagnose and treat ADD/ADHD.
First thing they visit is the kids diet.
Who'd have though hopping little Johnny and Sally up on sugary cereals would cause them to be hyper!
Second thing they visited was home life/discipline/parenting.
Who'd have though capitulating and giving little Johnny and Sally everything never saying no and folding to their rants and raves would negatively impact them for they are accustomed to getting their way.
Third thing they visited was their environments outside of the home. Do they play outside, do they get locked inside with video games did they try to make friends in school or were they loners or shy?

They don't medicate nearly as many kids, when adjusted for population density, as we do, they address everything that influences a child's behavior from diet, lack of exercise, lack of discipline-always getting their way, placed upon a pedestal etc.

That's not saying beat kids relentlessly. LOL that's saying parents need to parent, not be reliant on a wonder pill, the schools, social media, video games, and smart phones, to raise them.

Go around some time and take note of how many kids and teenagers are out and about.

I noticed both in NY and here in Florida despite towns having parks and houses being within walking distance, only hardship areas where parents can't afford an Xbox and iphone for junior, are where they are out and about, playing, and being physically active with playing outside be it basketball or another sport or riding bicycles etc.

The town I reside in now, you'd swear there were no kids. You see school busses galore though. Not a soul in sight playing on playgrounds at the park, no driveway basketball hoops, no bicycles, scooters, big wheels, or skateboards riding up and down the streets...

I see that in areas where the median income is lower and parents struggle to make ends meet. I find it to be regressive to breed recluses who's interaction with humanity is comprised of game chats, face time, and social media...

Old 05-01-2019, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Every mass shooting seems to inspire the next.
When a child is told they are perfect and can do anything that anyone else can, never disciplined, got trophies just for attending, they snap when they find out it was all a lie. Parents who don't recognize mental illness in their children or ignore it because they "know better" or drugging up the kids when they are young because they aren't behaving is a real problem also. Mental illness is a real problem and it's growing. It's genetic and being passed down from their parents who did nothing for it for themselves either and were just terrible parents. The schools aren't helping either with giving in to their whiny demands and teaching them that they can always get their way, then when they don't they blow up like this. WE as a society have created this problem and it's only going to get worse as the pampering continues.

Old 05-01-2019, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
We used to have clear definitions of what constituted as a mental affliction.
We used to lock the insane up, quarantined from society if they were a genuine threat to themselves/others.
However, bipartisan support killed asylums. Liberals and conservatives both before I was born, are responsible.
Liberals-It infringes upon the rights of the afflicted to be "caged" up like animals.
Conservatives-We shouldn't collectively be paying for this, that is the responsibility of the patient/and/or their family.

Fast forward 30 years.
You've got cosmopolitan soccer mom's hopping their cherubs up on Ritalin and psychotropic drugs, raising them with video games, smart phones, tablets, social media, the school, sitting around a granite island slamming down boxed wine cackling about who's kid has the most "disorders" or "disabilities" as if it's a competition to see who's kid is the most misunderstood because Muh ADD/ADHD anxiety processing skills autism etc.

I'm not saying those disorders are not legitimate. I do question the validity of the volume of those with those disorders. I read an interesting article pertaining to France once, and how the doctors there diagnose and treat ADD/ADHD.
First thing they visit is the kids diet.
Who'd have though hopping little Johnny and Sally up on sugary cereals would cause them to be hyper!
Second thing they visited was home life/discipline/parenting.
Who'd have though capitulating and giving little Johnny and Sally everything never saying no and folding to their rants and raves would negatively impact them for they are accustomed to getting their way.
Third thing they visited was their environments outside of the home. Do they play outside, do they get locked inside with video games did they try to make friends in school or were they loners or shy?

They don't medicate nearly as many kids, when adjusted for population density, as we do, they address everything that influences a child's behavior from diet, lack of exercise, lack of discipline-always getting their way, placed upon a pedestal etc.

That's not saying beat kids relentlessly. LOL that's saying parents need to parent, not be reliant on a wonder pill, the schools, social media, video games, and smart phones, to raise them.

Go around some time and take note of how many kids and teenagers are out and about.

I noticed both in NY and here in Florida despite towns having parks and houses being within walking distance, only hardship areas where parents can't afford an Xbox and iphone for junior, are where they are out and about, playing, and being physically active with playing outside be it basketball or another sport or riding bicycles etc.

The town I reside in now, you'd swear there were no kids. You see school busses galore though. Not a soul in sight playing on playgrounds at the park, no driveway basketball hoops, no bicycles, scooters, big wheels, or skateboards riding up and down the streets...

I see that in areas where the median income is lower and parents struggle to make ends meet. I find it to be regressive to breed recluses who's interaction with humanity is comprised of game chats, face time, and social media...
100% accurate!

19,609 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Another autistic male shooter. Shocking.

5,129 posts, read 2,595,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Yeah, we can ban all handguns as the weapon used in this shooting.

Again, this will not get much coverage unless the shooter is white, used an AR15, wearing a MAGA hat, yelling “this is MAGA COUNTRY!”. Other than that, it’s just a typical Tuesday in Chicago.
Well timed too so the media would have less coverage on Venezuela where a tank easily ran over a group of unarmed protesters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies