Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2019, 10:24 AM

59,089 posts, read 27,318,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
This from the NYTimes article re Mueller’s report and Barr’s misleading (lying) statements about Mueller’s conclusion that Trump was not guilty:

Mr. Mueller’s report explicitly contradicts these wrong statements by Barr:

when substantial, credible evidence enabled the Office to reach a conclusion with confidence, the report states that the investigation established that certain actions or events occurred.
A statement that the investigation did not establish particular facts does not mean there was no evidence of those facts.

I added the underlining for a VERY IMPORTANT statement
This is something Barr and any Trump supporter has refused to include in THEIR deliberately misleading remarks...

" did not establish particular facts"

Sorry, you CAN'T go to ANY court WITHOUT FACTS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2019, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Already posted it, not again.

Since the president CAN'T be indicted, Mueller won't accuse him of a crime but laid the map for Congress and future prosecution after he leaves office. Read the report and footnotes. If you believe the president who is a pathological liar, Fox News and Barr, blessings.
"If you believe the president who is a pathological liar,"

I'd BET you VOTED for SEVERAL pathological liars. But, NOW you are "concerned".
Oh, the HYPOCRISY!

Name WHO you HAVE voted for and I'd bet we can find LOTS of lies they told.

Or are you too chicken?

Old 05-02-2019, 10:30 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,587,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
last I checked the new York times isn't brietbart and even the NYT is starting to talk about some of this stuff. The NYT hasn't published an article about this ridiculous conspiracy theory "coup"

the fact is the Steele Dossier was the primary document used to get the first FISA warrant. that's a fact that isn't Brietbart. Factually untrue. The FISA warrants had been issued in early summer. The Steele Dossier wasn't known until end of August. The FISA warrants were triggered by an Australian diplomat's report of Popodolpolous along with corroborating reports from Five Eyes nations.

the guys (COMEY among them) that requested the FISA did not tell the judge that the document was a political document paid for by political opponents of then candidate Trump. Factually untrue. There was an extensive footnote clarifying that the Steele Dossier was funded by entity politically motivated to discredit Trump.

further its clear from congressional testimony that during the Obama administration various members of Justice and Homeland Security were looking to spy on the Trump team and there was no evidence outside of the Steele Dossier to support that. Nonsense. They all testified that members of the Trump team (Flynn) were caught up as incidentals in authorized surveillance of foreign nationals that had nothing to do with the Steele Dossier. Page wasn't subject to surveillance until after he left the campaign and the Steele Dossier only made up a small portion of a later renewal of the FISA application to watch Page.

its also clear that these same people gave information from the dossier to reporters, who then printed stories that those Justice/Homeland people used as additional evidence for the FISA. THAT is illegal. I believe it was someone on McCain's staff that disclosed the Steele Dossier, actually. Later, I understand Steele himself sent it to some media outlets. No one from Obama's administration did so. This is fairly well documented.

so you can laugh all you want but this thing is about to get real ugly and democrats are about to be in the cross hairs of the law.
So much for this foolishness. Stop polluting your brain.

8,704 posts, read 11,122,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"If you believe the president who is a pathological liar,"

I'd BET you VOTED for SEVERAL pathological liars. But, NOW you are "concerned".
Oh, the HYPOCRISY!

Name WHO you HAVE voted for and I'd bet we can find LOTS of lies they told.

Or are you too chicken?

They're all liars leakers and losers! lol

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Trump firing Comey plus his attempts to fire Mueller = obstruction. Plain and simple.

The House has a duty to impeach Trump for this. It doesn't matter if the Senate doesn't convict. Get Trump's obstruction into the record. Congress must uphold a red line on presidential obstruction.
except that firing comey didn't impede the investigation. it didn't even come close. it was extremely early in that process and as far as Trump knew (based on Comey's own words) Trump wasn't the target of the investigation.

Further, Comey was fired based on a letter from Rod Rosenstein that outlined incompetence and bad actions. So that doesn't matter one bit.

As for attempts to fire Mueller, He told his lawyer to go to Justice and tell Justice to fire him. that didn't happen. if Trump wanted the guy fired, he could have done it. and stood there and made a claim that it was Constitutional. Telling a tertiary contact to get something done does not constitute Obstruction. it had zero affect on the investigation.

Further, as far as obstruction is concerned, Trump could have asserted Executive Privilege blocking a HUGE number of documents from going to the Mueller team. As well as blocking access to most of the people Mueller wanted to interview.

obstruction has to either be obstructive or it has to intend to be obstructive. Neither of those are/were the case.

= no obstruction

Old 05-02-2019, 10:32 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
So much for this foolishness. Stop polluting your brain.

you know what? I am content to sit back and wait on the IG report. it is going to be out in a few days. lets revisit then. or is the IG report another Brietbart ?

Old 05-02-2019, 10:32 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,656,208 times
Quote:
Sure they did. The FBI engaged in finely coordinated machinations to set up Trump that revolved around numerous pieces falling into place at just the right time and relying on a drunk Mr. Reliable George Papodopolous to make it all happen. Then, despite apparently having a strong anti-Trump agenda, they failed to reveal any of this prior to the election when doing so might ensure a victory by Hillary Clinton.

In the interim, the FBI revealed damaging information about their investigation into Clinton's e-mails just before election day in a manner that may have cost her the election. What a masterful anti-Trump plan.

Keep poisoning your mind with Brietbart if you want. I prefer the real world.

LOL, if you prefer "the real world" well here it is: Comey couldn't HIDE the news about Hillary. As sanctimonious as he is, he couldn't let it look like he did a bad job so he did the only thing a prideful crooked person COULD do, he announced it and then 2 times exonerated her. The first time by letting her lawyers all sit in, didn't put her under oath, gave deals to her friends, listed all the things she did wrong like deleting 30,000 SUBPOENAED EMAILS!!! and proceeded to inform us nobody would prosecute her. Probably because Obama was one she chatted with. Then he got caught again when Weiner's laptop showed up, he HAD to investigate again so he tried to act like they didn't find anything but it sure put him in a trickbag, hmmm, it didn't take very long to go through all of those emails. Wonder if he really did??? Welcome to the real world.

Old 05-02-2019, 10:33 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,834,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
you know what? I am content to sit back and wait on the IG report. it is going to be out in a few days. lets revisit then. or is the IG report another Brietbart ?
Heh I'd be content to sit back and wait too if I'd just been called out for posting multiple provable lies that I had no other way to justify. Seems like a pretty good "get out of conversation free" card to play. Then in a couple days you can come back and post the same crap again until you get called out again and play another "get out of conversation free" card.

Old 05-02-2019, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
https://twitter.com/GeoffRBennett/st...35232040808448

Chicken Barr: "wah wah wah, those Democratic staffers are going to ask really HARD questions! I'm too skared to go!"
Why are all the dems on the committee too "chicken" to ask the questions themselves?

I'd bet some of them ARE LAWYERS. Some probably even prosecutors.

Funny how the libs complain about Trump NOT following "tradition" and now support the house committee to do something they have NEVER IN HISTORY DONE BEFORE.

Old 05-02-2019, 10:37 AM

Quote:
You can keep posting Brietbart-driven nonsense about a make believe coup if you want. No rationally-thinking person is going to believe such tripe. However, I enjoy it when posters who rely excessively on emojis to get across their emotion-driven, non-factual points call others "petulant children." Thanks for the chuckle.
"You can keep posting Brietbart-driven nonsense" And the libs keep posting liberal media -driven nonsense.

"if you can't take it, DON'T dish t out" as they say!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies