Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 08:44 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Please arm yourself to the teeth and never set foot outside your back yard - it’s too dangerous
I question your reason for being so nonchalant about the trafficking, raping and murder of children and women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2019, 08:48 AM

62,940 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
I question your reason for being so nonchalant about the trafficking, raping and murder of children and women.
Illegal alien sympathizers don't care about any of that. Their goal is to fill up this country with the poor, unskilled and uneducated citizens from south of our border whom many have ethnic ties to. It's pure selfishness and racism.

Old 05-01-2019, 08:51 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,645 posts, read 16,129,622 times
Lefty, your argument here is pointless. There are and have been huge numbers of aliens breaching our border. Something further needs done. Urge your congress critters to work with orange man bad just this once.

Old 05-01-2019, 08:52 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,506,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Illegal alien sympathizers don't care about any of that. Their goal is to fill up this country with the poor, unskilled and uneducated citizens from south of our border whom many have ethnic ties to. It's pure selfishness and racism.
I think their goal actually is to do whatever “the resistance” tells them to, even when detrimental to their own future health and happiness. That so many people are ignoring carefully compiled and vetted stats on this issue in lieu of snarky commentary and put downs seems proof enough of this hypothesis.

As an example, a foaming-at-the-mouth poster dared me earlier to provide figures to back up my assertions. I did. Has that poster returned to acknowledge these stats and rethink their incorrect position? NO! Hell no! The resistance is more important than discovery and re-evaluation!

Old 05-01-2019, 08:52 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Border Patrol agents stationed on the U.S-Mexico border arrested a group of 424 people who illegally crossed into New Mexico on Tuesday morning. Authorities said the group is the largest ever apprehended at once.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/bo...JRc?li=BBnb7Kz

If the points of entry were not purposely stalling the review of asylum seekers we might see a serious decline in those crossing between points of entry. About three months ago there was a story of folks who had been lining up at the port of entry for two weeks.....never getting to be processed. I suspect they get discouraged and then just jump the line -- border line to speak.

What we need to hear -- is of that 424 how many were families, women, children?

How many turn out to be big bad drug dealers...were there any drugs on them.

Of course we never hear that -- because it doesn't support what the President continually implies -- that all these people are drug dealers, violent gang members.

Old 05-01-2019, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
If the points of entry were not purposely stalling the review of asylum seekers we might see a serious decline in those crossing between points of entry. About three months ago there was a story of folks who had been lining up at the port of entry for two weeks.....never getting to be processed. I suspect they get discouraged and then just jump the line -- border line to speak.

What we need to hear -- is of that 424 how many were families, women, children?

How many turn out to be big bad drug dealers...were there any drugs on them.

Of course we never hear that -- because it doesn't support what the President continually implies -- that all these people are drug dealers, violent gang members.

I just posted on the previous page crime stats of illegal immigrants in Texas running all the way up to 3/31/2019. How can you be so flippant when the data fails to correlate with your opinion here?

Old 05-01-2019, 10:10 AM

Boy did this thread die fast.

Funny thing about bringing facts to the table. Suddenly people aren’t very hungry any longer, and can’t excuse themselves fast enough.

I’d like to think that folks stopped responding to this thread because reading official data helped them realize that they’ve been wrong on this topic. I fear however that that’s just wishful thinking on my part.

Old 05-01-2019, 11:13 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
The Border Patrol needs to buy up about 200 acres in Southern Argentina and use that as the only "detention center" for illegals and asylum seekers to wait while their cases are investigated. We should be able to come up with some old tents from WWII. Feel free to leave the gates open if they decide they would like to leave.

Old 05-01-2019, 11:15 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
[/b]
I just posted on the previous page crime stats of illegal immigrants in Texas running all the way up to 3/31/2019. How can you be so flippant when the data fails to correlate with your opinion here?
When have liberals ever let themselves be bothered by facts or reality? It's all about emotions.

Old 05-01-2019, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
When have liberals ever let themselves be bothered by facts or reality? It's all about emotions.
It’s not just a liberal thing. I’ll be honest about that. Intellectual dishonesty - the ability to deftly reject truths that do not fit our preferred narrative - is something that all of us at one point or another are guilty of.

The denial of truth on this particular topic however is something that simply must be defeated. When you have years of government-compiled data periods that ended a mere month ago that indicate the complete opposite of what you believe, and what you argue with others over, you have more than just a little credibility problem. You have a stubbornly-refuse-to-accept-truth problem.

Intellectual dishonesty is one thing, but making a conscious choice to be an idiot in the face of truth is just a travesty to bear witness to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies